18. R Brian Hart (34.29%)
19. G Jaroslav Janus (56.76%)
20. C Tanner Richard (74.29%)
21. C Matthew Peca (25.00%)
22. D Artem Sergeev (33.33%)
23. L Nikita Gusev (31.03%)
24. D Dylan Blujus (38.89%)
25. G Kristers Gudlevskis (54.55%)

Note: In contrast to HF's and BP's criteria of eligibility both Brett Connolly and Riku Helenius are deemed eligible for our 2013 HFB prospect rankings as per our previous vote.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
2 guys left that seem to have a chance for the NHL some day IMO (Wilcox and Paquette).

The rest will never make it to the NHL, eventhough the 2013 draftees could make a case for them the following season. But Dotchin, Mullin, Witkowski, Riku and the rest of the guys, I don't expect the ever see in a Lightning sweater.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
2 guys left that seem to have a chance for the NHL some day IMO (Wilcox and Paquette).

The rest will never make it to the NHL, eventhough the 2013 draftees could make a case for them the following season. But Dotchin, Mullin, Witkowski, Riku and the rest of the guys, I don't expect the ever see in a Lightning sweater.

There are guys in 2013 I agree who I am high on Ikonen Salmminen after their world production in scrimmages. I think Mullin is highly gifted long term project. He needs to keep adding muscle but he is gifted.

Paradis could develop into a checking lower line player imo he has some scoring skill but seems to be a true warrior.

Dotchin think can become a shut down lower guy and rh d he has a good shot actually so might in a few years get some scoring chance.

Witkowski am high on actually in 2-3 years he might make a good lower pairing guy has a good all around game will fight has the size etc.. I think dotchin has a better shot from point. Yet not as solid overall. Will be a fight between the two to see who is better in long run. Both bring about the same things with dotchin being more interesting because I believe is better puck mover more physical right now and better slap shot.

Both I believe will be 3rd pairing shut down types with dotchin having a shot of being a little more. Both have time to work on the areas of weakness though.

Hutchings and Gauthier are interesting in 3-4 years down road. Gauthier has size to be a physical lower end guy down the road with some scoring. Hutchings is a scorer but had a concussion and both are demoted to echl. Hutchings has been a point a game guy beside the injury. They need to work at it but think both can earn way up ladder to nhl at some point.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
There are guys in 2013 I agree who I am high on Ikonen Salmminen after their world production in scrimmages. I think Mullin is highly gifted long term project. He needs to keep adding muscle but he is gifted.

Paradis could develop into a checking lower line player imo he has some scoring skill but seems to be a true warrior.

Dotchin think can become a shut down lower guy and rh d he has a good shot actually so might in a few years get some scoring chance.

Witkowski am high on actually in 2-3 years he might make a good lower pairing guy has a good all around game will fight has the size etc.. I think dotchin has a better shot from point. Yet not as solid overall. Will be a fight between the two to see who is better in long run. Both bring about the same things with dotchin being more interesting because I believe is better puck mover more physical right now and better slap shot.

Both I believe will be 3rd pairing shut down types with dotchin having a shot of being a little more. Both have time to work on the areas of weakness though.

Hutchings and Gauthier are interesting in 3-4 years down road. Gauthier has size to be a physical lower end guy down the road with some scoring. Hutchings is a scorer but had a concussion and both are demoted to echl. Hutchings has been a point a game guy beside the injury. They need to work at it but think both can earn way up ladder to nhl at some point.
Hutchings was not qualified and is an UFA now.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Can anybody explain me why there is no love for Joel Vermin? I haven't seen him actually, but I really like the numbers: he is 21, had 13+22 in 47 NLA games this season and also has played in a couple of Swiss NT games - sounds pretty impressive to me.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Can anybody explain me why there is no love for Joel Vermin? I haven't seen him actually, but I really like the numbers: he is 21, had 13+22 in 47 NLA games this season and also has played in a couple of Swiss NT games - sounds pretty impressive to me.

Haven't seen any clips of him at all. No idea how he skates or shoots. Until I see something of his, it's all numbers

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

We got too many studs who have dominated in worlds and other events where he hasn't really shown anything yet?

I like the stats everything about him but till can get to ahl and get a true evaluation or he plays in olympics or somewhere and puts up sick numbers you cant be too high on him?

We have others who have just performed better on world stages. Now in u17 and u20 he had some good things and some great seasons it seems. He had good playoff stats for a championship at bern so figure is progressing ok but would like him over here way more than in switzerland. Hes there at least one more year. Got to see some tape of ikonen and salmminen in worlds some scrimmage games they stood out figure he will do the same. I am always scared though of kids who are not over here of coming over here etc.. He is set to play for bern again this year.

I would much rather have in chl and ahl.

Reminds me a lot of what I've seen of Gusev. Another solid 7th round prayer
He is a lot bigger than gusev. Knock on him is physical play but he goes into danger area in front of net so not sure why they say that?

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
He is a lot bigger than gusev. Knock on him is physical play but he goes into danger area in front of net so not sure why they say that?

Not too much bigger, only 2 inches taller. There is a pretty big weight difference (Gusev-163, Vermin-196) but that is fairly easy to fix with 6 months in the weight room. Plus Vermin is also older than Gusev.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Vermin is really soft. It seems like he's afraid to make any contact. He's pretty quick skater but not very strong skater. I just don't see him being a NHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00