Tampa Bay Lightning 2013-14 Forward Rankings - #4

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Out of our potential 2013-14 roster who is our best option? Who is likely to produce the most points considering everyone is healthy? [...]

I'm not saying don't take all the intangibles in consideration but the biggest factor has to be offense and how they could contribute. If you have 2 guys that you think are equal offensively, then you look at all their other intangibles. The point is to find out the guys that will help us build the better team.

2013-14 Lightning Forward Rankings:

1. Martin St. Louis (63.64%)
2. Steven Stamkos (100.00%)
3. Teddy Purcell (70.00%)

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
This is a clsoe one IMO.
If Filppula (we seriously need a nickname for him) rebounds and is as good as 2 years ago, he has no competition, if he is more like last season, Killorn will be better offensivly (considering he was already better last year as rookie).

So I went with Killorn. But I could even see Drouin going full tilt and giving the two serious competition.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
This is a clsoe one IMO.
If Filppula (we seriously need a nickname for him) rebounds and is as good as 2 years ago, he has no competition, if he is more like last season, Killorn will be better offensivly (considering he was already better last year as rookie).

So I went with Killorn. But I could even see Drouin going full tilt and giving the two serious competition.

Filppula has a nickname. 'Flip'.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
This is a clsoe one IMO.

IIRC Wings fans called him Val or Flip.

I went with Flip as he's a proven NHLer who has put up solid numbers before. If last season was a 82 game season I'm sure his 2012-13 numbers / PPG ratio would've been a lot better. He should be a lock as our #2C / top-6 winger. But I could definitely see Killorn putting up Downie-like numbers (15-20g / 40-50pts) on a line with Stammer and Marty. Drouin... whoa I'm not sure...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Went with Flip... mainly because if he ISN'T our 4th best forward, we're going to be in trouble.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Went with Flip... mainly because if he ISN'T our 4th best forward, we're going to be in trouble.

Flip scored 20 goals once in his career, that was also when he scored 66 points, if Droiun gets to play he will most likely outscore Flip and looking at the poll "if players remains healthy" then Bugsy could also score more, he scored 20+ goals for six seasons and does a good job in front of the goal in PP.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Keep forgetting this is just point contribution... I meant on a complete player level. I could see Killorn and maybe Drouin outscoring him in this situation.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
IIRC Wings fans called him Val or Flip.

I went with Flip as he's a proven NHLer who has put up solid numbers before. If last season was a 82 game season I'm sure his 2012-13 numbers / PPG ratio would've been a lot better. He should be a lock as our #2C / top-6 winger. But I could definitely see Killorn putting up Downie-like numbers (15-20g / 40-50pts) on a line with Stammer and Marty. Drouin... whoa I'm not sure...

Val is boring and I have some issues with Flip. When I read it, I always have to think about (peanut) puffs., because Flip is the german word for puff (I know Strikes, you know this, but the rest of the guys don't :D) And for some reason I don't think asossiating Filppula with a puff is a good start for me and him as a Lightning :help:.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Val is boring and I have some issues with Flip. When I read it, I always have to think about (peanut) puffs., because Flip is the german word for puff (I know Strikes, you know this, but the rest of the guys don't :D) And for some reason I don't think asossiating Filppula with a puff is a good start for me and him as a Lightning :help:.
:laugh:

How about Flop then? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad