Tampa Bay Lightning 2013-14 Forward Rankings - #3

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Out of our potential 2013-14 roster who is our best option? Who is likely to produce the most points considering everyone is healthy? [...]

I'm not saying don't take all the intangibles in consideration but the biggest factor has to be offense and how they could contribute. If you have 2 guys that you think are equal offensively, then you look at all their other intangibles. The point is to find out the guys that will help us build the better team.

2013-14 Lightning Forward Rankings:

1. Martin St. Louis (63.64%)
2. Steven Stamkos (100.00%)

Last edited:

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
This was pretty tough. The case could be made for any of Killorn, Purcell and Filppula. However, Filppula's hard to gauge since he hasn't played a game for us yet and I'm hoping last year was write-off. Teddy has the most offensive ability of the three, but is also the most inconsistent and just bloody useless defensively.

I went with Killorn because he has the offensive ability and a solid two-way game. His production of 0.5 ppg as a rookie is pretty promising for the future too.

Last edited:

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Teddy it is, I find it hard to judge players who has not shown that much at this level, Killorn can become a better player than Teddy but right now there is no way Killorn is better in my mind.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The question isn't "who is the better all around player?" or "who has had more success in the past?", it's "if everyone is healthy, who gets the most points?". Not sure how you can justify Filppula or Killorn (love him but I don't see him ever becoming an offensive dynamo) getting more point than Drouin or Purcell.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
The question isn't "who is the better all around player?" or "who has had more success in the past?", it's "if everyone is healthy, who gets the most points?". Not sure how you can justify Filppula or Killorn (love him but I don't see him ever becoming an offensive dynamo) getting more point than Drouin or Purcell.

Based on your reasoning, I see what you mean about Teddy being above Filppula and Killorn, but then you contradict yourself by claiming Drouin should be rated higher than Killorn. He hasn't played a single NHL game yet, so in the same way that it's not "who has had more success in the past", it's also not "who has more potential to produce more points in the future" as well.

Based on predictions for next season, past offensive output has to be taken into consideration. In which case, Filppula and Killorn would likely be before Drouin, despite how much he could potentially produce in a couple years from now.

This poll is pretty pointless, mainly because there's more to a forward ranking than pure offensive output. I'd take Filppula or Killorn over Teddy any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Based on your reasoning, I see what you mean about Teddy being above Filppula and Killorn, but then you contradict yourself by claiming Drouin should be rated higher than Killorn. He hasn't played a single NHL game yet, so in the same way that it's not "who has had more success in the past", it's also not "who has more potential to produce more points in the future" as well.

Based on predictions for next season, past offensive output has to be taken into consideration. In which case, Filppula and Killorn would likely be before Drouin, despite how much he could potentially produce in a couple years from now.

This poll is pretty pointless, mainly because there's more to a forward ranking than pure offensive output. I'd take Filppula or Killorn over Teddy any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

So Killorn and Flip have more pure offensive talent than Drouin?

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
So Killorn and Flip have more pure offensive talent than Drouin?

Oh, did I say that? Last time I checked, this poll wasn't about who has more pure offensive talent, but about who will likely produce more offensively next season. This isn't a prospect poll ranking that measures potential.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Oh, did I say that? Last time I checked, this poll wasn't about who has more pure offensive talent, but about who will likely produce more offensively next season. This isn't a prospect poll ranking that measures potential.

I see Drouin being able to score more than any of the 3 we mentioned. Pure offensive talent generally translates to point production.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I see Drouin being able to score more than any of the 3 we mentioned. Pure offensive talent generally translates to point production.

I think he will eventually, I just have doubts that he'll do it this coming season. I see him producing somewhere between 40-60 points as a rookie, if he stays up with the team for the year of course (which isn't a given).

If Killorn plays on the first line with Stammer and Marty, he could definitely produce 50+ points too though.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think he will eventually, I just have doubts that he'll do it this coming season. I see him producing somewhere between 40-60 points as a rookie, if he stays up with the team for the year of course (which isn't a given).

If Killorn plays on the first line with Stammer and Marty, he could definitely produce 50+ points too though.

If Killorn does, he absolutely could. But imagine if Drouin plays his way onto the top line. How many points could he get?

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
If Killorn does, he absolutely could. But imagine if Drouin plays his way onto the top line. How many points could he get?

No idea. I'd still say anywhere between 40-60 points because it'll be his first season in the pros and the majority of rookies go through a transition phase. I think he has the potential to produce big numbers, but there are many aspects of his game that he'll need to work on before playing on the first line.

Offensive production in juniors does not always translate to immediate results at the pro level. I'd put Teddy, Filppula and Killorn above Drouin if we're looking at point production for just the one season ahead (and I'm incredibly high on Drouin if anyone didn't notice ;)).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad