TSN: Tampa bay has Contacted Vancouver about Tanev

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Report: The Tampa Bay Lightning have contacted the Vancouver Canucks about trading for Chris Tanev

Source is Jason Botchford of TSN and The Province Newspaper

Rumored offer that Van has apparently gawked at is Koekkek/Dotchkin + picks.
However its speculated that thats just the initial low ball offer and the actual compensation would have to be better than that for Benning to consider trading Tanev.

TBay was also linked to Tanev at the TDL so clearly Yzerman likes what he sees.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Not sure if that's been confirmed yet, just speculation by the author that Vancouver would turn the trade down

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
If Yzerman does this after all the other bonehead moves he’s made I’m officially calling for his head.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think we have a lot of movable forwards. Johnson, Miller, maybe even a guy like Cirelli.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
If Yzerman does this after all the other bonehead moves he’s made I’m officially calling for his head.

Just out curiosity, what would you consider a lopsided trade im favor of Canucks ??

And did you read the article. Tanev would be a ridiculously good fit w. Tampa

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I would be very disappointed if TB deals for Tanev.

He's great for the 40-60 games a season he actually plays, but he does TB no good when he isn't playing.

If the cost is like what was mentioned in OP, fine, but I'd be real upset if we gave up any real value for him.

Defense isn't really what held us back in the playoffs, either. Coulda used a goal or two there at the end.

Reactions: Legionnaire

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Just out curiosity, what would you consider a lopsided trade im favor of Canucks ??

Don't mind him, he just says stuff. Tanev would be a good fit and if the deal is for Koekkoek or Dotchin all the better.

From the other thread I posted.

I prefer the conditions on the pick depending on how many games he plays. If he's just as unlucky as Vancouver fans say he is and that he wouldn't be hurt playing somewhere else, than the conditions wouldn't matter. But it also provides a safety net for the team trading for him.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I think we have a lot of movable forwards. Johnson, Miller, maybe even a guy like Cirelli.

Canucks have a pretty solid forward group that they envision for future. I think they would be.looking at Dmen and Picks.

Canuck Future Forwards

Horvat
Boeser
Pettersson
Gaudette
Dahlen
Virtanen
Lind
Gadjovich

Tweeners/ trade bait: baertschi, goldibin, granlund , gagner , Sutter,

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I would think everyone would have contacted regarding Tanev.

News like this just proves writers don't know jack. its lazy writing.

interesting mix of targets on that team though.

of course Tampa will just turn around and flip him to Edmonton. lol

Reactions: JuniorNelson

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Don't mind him, he just says stuff. Tanev would be a good fit and if the deal is for Koekkoek or Dotchin all the better.

I prefer the conditions on the pick depending on how many games he plays. If he's just as unlucky as Vancouver fans say he is and that he wouldn't be hurt playing somewhere else, than the conditions wouldn't matter. But it also provides a safety net for the team trading for him.

If Tampa wants to erase accepting any risk with taking Tanev then the price for Tanev will be considerably much much higher.

For instance if Tanev plays 90% of playoffs and 90% of regular season games

Then Van gets 1st rnd pick 2019, 2nd rnd pick 2019 and B level prospct.

Thats what a healthy Tamev would cost

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Tampa doesn't have their 1st this year. Dotchin + picks this year is a garbage offer

2019 1st + one of dotchin/koeekok based on games played could be an interesting starter

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
If Tampa wants to erase accepting any risk with taking Tanev then the price for Tanev will be considerably much much higher.

For instance if Tanev plays 90% of playoffs and 90% of regular season games

Then Van gets 1st rnd pick 2019, 2nd rnd pick 2019 and B level prospct.

Thats what a healthy Tamev would cost

Which is fair imo, I believe his value is consistently low balled because he is consistently hurt. By having conditions on the picks depending on his number of games played means you could increase the quality of prospect.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
but why? defense isn't what we need at the moment, we have hedman sergachev mcdonagh and stralman entrenched. we could use a top 9 winger or just stay the course

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
but why? defense isn't what we need at the moment, we have hedman sergachev mcdonagh and stralman entrenched. we could use a top 9 winger or just stay the course

You know how Yzerman and Cooper are, the want defense to play on the natural side. Hence why we had Sustr and Dotchin playing with Hedman. Tanev works if he can stay healthy.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

I have zero interest in paying anything of value to get Chris “Made of Glass” Tanev. The most I’d offer would maybe be Dotchin straight up, and that’s only because I don’t see Dotchin having a future with the team so taking a flyer on Tanev managing to be healthy when needed for the playoffs might be worth the pick we could otherwise get for him.

Yzerman’s reputation is built largely on the scouting of Al Murray and taking advantage of one of the worst GMs in the league. The Callahan and Killorn signings were both awful ideas, as was the Kucherov bridge, and the McDonagh trade was downright atrocious. If we give up anything more than Dotchin and maybe a low pick for Tanev I’m officially on the “Fire Yzerman” bandwagon.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

I think any team that deals a lot and does it NOT based upon games played will be in a world of hurt.

For me any trade there has to be a condition of amount of games he plays will be included in the return and that is something I think some canuck fans do not want to see

he missed 40 games last season and over 100 in the last 5 seasons--there is concern from some about him being healthy enough to play a full season and ware and tare in the playoffs

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
No first, no Foote, I'm guessing no Sergachev, no interest from me, as far as a package of futures go.

My guess? A roster player. That is incredibly stupid of us though, as moving Tanev means we're writing off hopes of competing (not a Benning/Linden tactic), and pulling in a player to help compete, while moving a cornerstone player on our D, is insane.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Don't mind him, he just says stuff.

And yet I’m usually right. I was the one person in the Lightning fanbase here who adamantly refused to include Foote in any proposals - took a lot of crap for that too. And then it comes out that Yzerman also made the same refusal.

I was also against the McDonagh trade (which so far looks like a complete disaster), the Callahan signing (which was definitely a complete disaster), the Killorn signing (he’s been OK but we could make much better use of that money), the Kucherov bridge (we’re going to get reamed on his next deal when we could have locked him down long term before he really broke out), and not giving Marchessault a chance, among other things. So yes, I say stuff - and what I say turns out to be true far more often than not.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Probably J.T. Miller or Tyler Johnson could be traded to the Canucks that’s a fair offer

That would be a horrific waste of Johnson, and as for Miller I’d much rather have the 1st we could get for him.

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Ahh the ol rumour mill.

For what it’s worth, Jason Botchford (guy who’s selling this story) is a hack. He writes based on personal speculation, and aims to create drama where there is none.

That being said, I do think Yzerman would have some level of interest.

While the Canucks are looking for higher picks, don’t be surprised if they only get player returns on any of their current roster pieces, with perhaps a mid round pick or two.

I do believe the Canucks would be quite interested in Tyler Johnson, so maybe there’s a base deal to be made there.

At the end of the day, I don’t think the Canucks will get the offer they’re looking for, and will re-visit trading Tanev at next years trade deadline.

Reactions: Cogburn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad