Tampa-area adult leagues?

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by DisplacedRanger, Mar 14, 2011.

1. DisplacedRanger

DisplacedRanger Registered User

I'm moving to the Tampa area (Seminole, actually) for work in a couple of weeks. A lot of upside with the move, but I'm giving up my two local clinics/games in the NYC area. Anyone have any info on adult league clinics, open hockey, or stick/puck times in the area? I found Clearwater Ice (15 minutes away from me) and Ellenton (45-60 minutes away). How are these? Any others I should look at? I'm a 35-year old newbie. About an adult league level 4 (maybe cusp of 3) ability, but have found the love for the game and skate whenever I can/am improving quickly, if I say so myself. Thanks very much!!

2. CaptBrannigan

CaptBrannigan Registered User

Brandon Ice Sports Forum is there too. Has the best ice of the rinks you mentioned.

I used to work there and still play 1-2 times a week, so just ask if you have any questions. ISF also has the biggest pro shop and the best quality skate sharpenings.

3. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz Registered User

Brandon definitely has the best organized leagues, and the Adult Beginner league on Saturday nights.

http://www.theicesportsforum.com/

http://www.theicesportsforum.com/beginner2.htm

Beginner Plus is definitely not beginner, most of the people in it have played in it since I started playing, so if you are a decent skater, you might fit right in. If you are too high a level, Sunday nights is the D league, although the new season just started, so it might be hard to get on a team at this point.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=brand...971,-82.330298&spn=0.005118,0.008272&t=h&z=17

PM me if you want to know about beginner pickup times, they don't list them on the website to keep the puck hogging ringers from showing up.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  4. DisplacedRanger

DisplacedRanger Registered User

Thanks very much for the info. I'll definitely PM you Razz when I get down there and settled -- mid-April probably. May try the beginner+ and D-league. And certianly am interested in pickup. Brandon is about 45 minutes from where I'm staying, but certainly doable, especially on a weekend or later in evenings. Thanks again.