TALLON: Kulikov wasn't traded

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
TWITTER: @GeorgeRichards

DETROIT -- Florida GM Dale Tallon denied Saturday's Hockey Night in Canada report that a trade between the Panthers and Colorado fell apart. The report said the supposed trade was the reason why defenseman Dmitry Kulikov was scratched from the lineup last Tuesday against Ottawa.

"No, we sat him because of his play,'' Tallon said. "[Kulikov] needed a little refresher. I've liked the way he's played since.''

Kulikov, 23, is a restricted free agent and Florida -- as long as it keeps him -- holds his NHL rights for the next two seasons.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/#storylink=cpy

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
Highly doubt this tbh....it probably did fall thru and since Kulikov's been back from being scratched he's played well so things have settled down.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Highly doubt this tbh....it probably did fall thru and since Kulikov's been back from being scratched he's played well so things have settled down.

Except Kuli was playing horribly and coaches said following the game before he was benched that he'd be sat after another turnover that led to another goal against. Florida and Colorado may have been in talks, but I fully believe he was scratched because of his play.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I think we ALL think he should just move to forward.

He has all the tools and size for the O, and hasn't the brain for defense.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
I think we ALL think he should just move to forward.

He has all the tools and size for the O, and hasn't the brain for defense.

He has played much better since being scratched, no reason to trade him unless we get someone much better in return. Most of the nights he plays very good and then makes one stupid mistake, and gets crucified for it. If he can cut those out of his game he is a solid player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad