Tallon’s time is up?

Should Tallon be fired?

• Total voters

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Our best players were under 25. First taste of
Playoffs. Kuli and guds did a much better job against Tavares 5 on5 when they were put up against him.the team
Needed a couple tweaks
And more experience. It wasn’t fluke. If u wanna
Call that season fluke then u can call this season fluke in the opposite way.
Call this season a fluke from what, last season? Big deal. Actually I'm glad you pointed that out, because the argument that we would have been for sure in the playoffs the following season after winning the division if we had made no changes, is proven completely wrong just by what we are seeing this season from last season.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I’ve listed plenty of complaints and he objectively blew the 2010 draft which was something like 5 picks in top 35(?) By keeping Scott Luce around he ruined our draft potential bc Luce sucks. His drafting has been average at best/below average during the pre luce days. Those are key years for a rebuilding team. His obsession with character kept him away from more skilled guys.

Go back and look at the 2010 draft in the first two rounds. Feel the only player we missed on was Kuzy but outside, most of the later 1st rounders and 2nd round picks are busts or just average players. Not a ton of players that have played over 400 GP.

Wish we picked Faulk who was nabbed one spot behind Petrovic but the 2010 draft was not loaded with talent looking back. McFarland was a huge disappointment for me personally. Tallon drafted with more grit because that's how the league was trending. The WEST was winning cups with skill and grit. ANA, LA and CHI.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Go back and look at the 2010 draft in the first two rounds. Feel the only player we missed on was Kuzy but outside, most of the later 1st rounders and 2nd round picks are bust.

Wish we picked Faulk over Petrovic but the 2010 draft was not loaded with talent looking back. McFarland was a huge disappointment for me personally. Tallon drafted with more grit because that's how the league was trending. The WEST was winning cups with skill and grit. ANA, LA and CHI.
He could have grabbed Fowler instead of Guds. Skill is always valuable. He also had a North American bias and our drafting wasn’t good enough for many of those early rebuild years

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He could have grabbed Fowler instead of Guds. Skill is always valuable. He also had a North American bias and our drafting wasn’t good enough for many of those early rebuild years

Dont disagree our drafting wasnt where it needed to be. The 2012 draft was the worst for me but we only had 5 picks. Fowler probably wasnt picked because of Campbell here. But you see what I'm talking about, the 2010 draft doesnt have a ton of wow in there. 2016 on, our drafting has been great. Still think we need to give Tallon and Trocheck one more year each.

Think of what will happen in TOR if they cant get past BOS again? I'm sure fire Babcock chants may start happening. They have arguably some of the best C depth in the league, a stud D in Rielly and a #1 goalie. Most pick them to be bounced in first round.

VGK is the only team that has shattered the building through draft method recently since they got a ton of skill and grit and could pick a healthy balance of both while drafting.

Reactions: RainingRats

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Hey RR, the last few posts I’m like wow! I’m AGREEING with you!

Other than how much the goalie had been responsible for (rather than defense/Boog) I’m with you! (Miracles do happen LOL.)

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
The reason Tallon emphasized tough/character/ leadership type guys in the first few years was because he was changing our culture. That is Tallon's biggest overlooked strength. All of his teams have a strong chemistry and no locker room issues and he does a great job fostering that atmosphere.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
You know what this team is missing? PHYSICALITY ! We are softer than butter other than Hawyrluk and Brown who on this team throws the body I can't name a single player who consistently throws the body around

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
You know what this team is missing? PHYSICALITY ! We are softer than butter other than Hawyrluk and Brown who on this team throws the body I can't name a single player who consistently throws the body around
Very true. What I'd like to know is what is the identity of this team? We're not built fast and high tempo (like Cup winning Chicago, Pittsburgh or current Tampa) team. We're not a big-bodied, skilled and physical (like Washington, Winnipeg and San Jose) team. We're not a highly defensive and physical (like Cup winning Ducks, Kings and Bruins) team. What are we besides a team that just this season (thanks to Hoff) became good on the Powerplay?

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

I agree.

It's just not easy to find physical players who can actually play hockey.

Reactions: klabob

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I agree.

It's just not easy to find physical players who can actually play hockey.

I see a couple guys we can maybe target in the off season ; Lawson Crouse (yes I know), Kassian, Sam Bennett. We have all of these extra picks we got to trade some of them to give ourselves some depth and physicality.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
He shouldn't be, though, but yes I get it's free agency and everyone overpays...realistically he shouldn't be making more than $5 mill per. I think giving him more than that will be a pretty big mistake.
He will probably be around 6 just Becuase he’s super versatile. I don’t like his injury prone conditions.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
DT only got his act together after he blew it and sucked like a vacuum in a volcano.

Now he’s good with me again. He’s received the pardon.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
If the team fails again, coaching should no longer be the excuse anymore, the players/GM will need to change. Q's offseason recruiting should make Dale's job a lot easier to sell, all I ask from Dale/any GM is to be a wise asset manager and to be active during the season if things turn for the worse and the season is in jeopardy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->