Tallon’s time is up?

Should Tallon be fired?

• Total voters

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
@vendetta easy to say when its not you paying a couple grand a year.

Though, when you're talking to people that do pay through the losing, hard to say we dont deserve anything for our investment...or at least it should be hard to say.
Indeed....

If getting into playoffs were a random process like flipping the coin or rolling the dice, the probability of missing playoffs 10 times in 10 years (like we did) would be

(14/30)^10 = 0.0005 = 0.05%

It wasn’t a chance occurrence....

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Indeed....

If getting into playoffs were a random process like flipping the coin or rolling the dice, the probability of missing playoffs 10 times in 10 years (like we did) would be

(14/30)^10 = 0.0005 = 0.05%

It wasn’t a chance occurrence....
Let's not forget, the refs have played a major part in the very few seasons that we would've not only made the playoffs, but been successful.

I'll save the respect of addressing someone for those who deserve it and speak when spoken to- vendetta is welcome to enjoy whatever team he contributes to financially. EDM I believe it was... (see I take/waste my time in life to read even if others don't). No skin off the asses of those of us who pay to keep their team here, that don't want to hear it from whatever disrespectful schumck from not Florida who suggests moving the team. Well over hearing that dumb shit for years now. As if it is a logical solution.

Funny our local rinks are always packed despite not being a hockey market...

Last edited:
Reactions: KW and PSLguy

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Hindsight's 20/20, now I realize Luongo was playing hurt. And that's pretty bad that him playing hurt is almost as good an option as either of the other two goalies.

Was gonna say I don't think any goalie in the history of the game would work their way to the job and ever throw a game. Too noticeable for goalies, as it's hard to stop the damn thing in the first place!

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Let's not forget, the refs have played a major part in the very few seasons that we would've not only made the playoffs, but been successful.

I'll save the respect of addressing someone for those who deserve it and speak when spoken to- vendetta is welcome to enjoy whatever team he contributes to financially. EDM I believe it was... (see I take/waste my time in life to read even if others don't). No skin off the asses of those of us who pay to keep their team here, that don't want to hear it from whatever disrespectful schumck from not Florida who suggests moving the team. Well over hearing that dumb **** for years now. As if it is a logical solution.

Funny our local rinks are always packed despite not being a hockey market...
I spend plenty on panthers merchandise and already said I travel to watch panthers game approx 5 times a year to various places. Spend money on Center ice. Don’t just spend my money on oilers games.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I spend plenty on panthers merchandise and already said I travel to watch panthers game approx 5 times a year to various places. Spend money on Center ice. Don’t just spend my money on oilers games.
Regardless, saying the team should be moved is inflammatory as hell to those who give up more than their wife feels happy about- to get nickel and dimed for last place. Happy to see you respond for once.

Funny the only thing that gets me more than being ignored(never works with me as many know LOL but I don't do that to anyone else yknow?) is having to hear or read someone say this place isn't deserving of a pro team when I've seen well over enough here to say otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: IM Clutcm

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Regardless, saying the team should be moved is inflammatory as hell to those who give up more than their wife feels happy about- to get nickel and dimed for last place. Happy to see you respond for once.

Funny the only thing that gets me more than being ignored(never works with me as many know LOL) is having to hear or read someone say this place isn't deserving of a pro team when I've seen well over enough here to say otherwise.
But it’s not. The team loses money. The fans don’t go unless the team
Is winning. Even the season after our playoffs appearance with the islanders it was dead again. Even last year pushing for a playoff spot there was nobody. It sucks for those that do go but this is reality. It’s not viable

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
But it’s not. The team loses money. The fans don’t go unless the team
Is winning. Even the season after our playoffs appearance with the islanders it was dead again. Even last year pushing for a playoff spot there was nobody. It sucks for those that do go but this is reality. It’s not viable

If your argument is that fans don't go when the team loses, therefore they don't deserve a team, then there are a lot of cities that don't deserve a team.

When the team is doing well they definitely draw well. We haven't actually seen sustained success ever, but I'd bet they would continue to draw a good attendance. The year they actually went to the playoffs and lost to isles, attendance was pretty decent. We then had the debacle off-season that turned everyone off and the debacle season with gallant firing and rowe, not sure what you expect fans to support there. Last season they sucked until the second half and I'm pretty sure attendance was better, sure felt like it. This season they suck again, so not sure what you expect.

The years when the team has played even marginally well, the attendance has been good. Heck even the lockout year had great attendance. It's simply not true that a winning team won't be well supported. I think even just a moderately competitive team would do well. Instead we're stuck with possibly one of the worse run pro franchises trying to draw fans in a non-traditional market.

If anything, the fact anyone even shows up at all considering the last 25 years should tell you there is a dedicated fan base to build from. They just need SOME success. We're not talking about winning a cup.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Hunt has to go down. He isn’t producing tho I do like his game. Haley out. Hawryluk and Greco in. Provide a bit of a spark for bottom 6. That’s what I would
Do but of course the owners have to approve all these moves for money purposes and whatever else goes into their decision making.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
In my opinion, it's the players fault. It was their fault for losing in the playoffs (Hudler/Purcell not contributing, Jagr running out of gas, defense giving up leads), it was their fault the season after (not Gallant) and it's their fault now (not Boog).

It's the same damn forwards, d-men and goalies that outplayed everyone in the league in the 2nd half of last season, PLUS Hoffman!! Same GM, same coaches, same equipment/medical staff, same everything. This is exactly why a few of us kept saying over and over, had we made no changes after winning the division it wasn't going to guarantee anything.

Tallon did very well adding Hoff and Dads in the last 2 offseasons, but a good GM also knows how to make the right changes in-season to bolster the chances of winning.....we're all waiting Dale.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Fire Tallon

1. Has done nothing to improve this team while it was somehow treading water while close to a playoff spot
2. Went all in on an aging, often injured goalie, signed Hutch which has been zero help
3. Refuses to call up Monty when he might be what we need in net, a zero risk move, only upside
4. Extended Matheson when it was totally unnecessary to hand out a huge contract to a totally unproven player who wasn't even an RFA
5. Horrible expansion draft, protected guys like Petrovic, Bjugstad, and Psysyk over March and Smith. Terrible asset management.
6. Team isn't winning
7. Average at best drafting, looks better than it is because of multiple high picks, imo
8. Didn't fire Luce/kept him around too long
9. Bolland contract
10. Didn't foresee shift to a speed and skill game in the NHL early enough, imo, favored size, grit and character over skill (Crouse)
11. Never fixed our depth issue at forward
12. Doesn't take risks to trade prospects for proven talent
13. Drafted too many forwards and ignored needs on defense and in goal

Fire Tallon!

Anything else?

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Fire Tallon

1. Has done nothing to improve this team while it was somehow treading water while close to a playoff spot
2. Went all in on an aging, often injured goalie, signed Hutch which has been zero help
3. Refuses to call up Monty when he might be what we need in net, a zero risk move, only upside
4. Extended Matheson when it was totally unnecessary to hand out a huge contract to a totally unproven player who wasn't even an RFA
5. Horrible expansion draft, protected guys like Petrovic, Bjugstad, and Psysyk over March and Smith. Terrible asset management.
6. Team isn't winning
7. Average at best drafting, looks better than it is because of multiple high picks, imo
9. Bolland contract
10. Didn't foresee shift to a speed and skill game in the NHL early enough, imo, favored size, grit and character over skill (Crouse)

Fire Tallon!

Anything else?
I’m still going to hold my horse on Matheson. Yes he has been f***ing horrendous this year but I have faith in him. If he sucks next year then I’m going to cry.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Fire Tallon

6. Team isn't winning
9. Bolland contract

Fire Tallon!

Anything else?
This time I cannot disagree with a single thing! I would only add, explicitly:
14. Hired Boughner based on a powerpoint presentation.

But then again, I voted to fire Tallon already a long time ago.

What seemed like the best thing to happen to the franchise has been the worst.

Reactions: Haj and RainingRats

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
We were struggling from game one and he waited mid-december to make even the tiniest changes. At this point, the season is done.
Either Tallon is unwilling to make any moves and needs to go, or the ownership doesn't let him make any moves because they don't trust him, in which case he needs to go as well.

Reactions: Brokin

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I feel like any other team with this situation would given a young goalie a chance.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Fire Tallon

6. Team isn't winning
9. Bolland contract

Fire Tallon!

Anything else?

All of these are fireable offenses and you were able to easily list out 13 LOL!!!!

Reactions: RainingRats

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I wish I could see Boughner's legendary powerpoint presentation.

Maybe he's not using those skills when he communicates to his players, he should also use them to answer reporters questions at press conference.

How about Boughner giving Capuano a TED talk on how not to suck?

Reactions: 16Skippy

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
The Hoffman trade a was very good one but he took too big of a gamble in net by not trying to at least pickup a better backup to Luongo to start the season. Mcelhinney would've been a smart addition to at least take over Reimer's duties.Very few hockey clubs can be competitive with the type of goaltending performances the Panthers are getting, and it does not matter who your coach is when dealing with such a dilemma. Goaltending is the most important position in hockey and if you are weak there then you'll need some damn good goal scorers and shot blockers to come to the rescue.

I feel like the pieces are there at the top of the depth chart but you have to be able to get something from the depth guys as well. The 3rd and 4th lines are really lacking on offense and its not like the Panthers have an elite few guys they can rely on every night a la the Avs or Penguins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad