Talking The Avs Ep 6 - “Who do we put on Duchenes wing?â€

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
http://talkingtheavs.podbean.com/

Here you go guys.

We talk goalies, defenseman, forwards, Soderberg, Rantanen, Duchenes wing, Iginla, Comeau, Power Play, lack of scoring and wrap up the whole pre-season.

The Mars Volchenkov and tigervixxxen was on.

Hopefully now when the season start we can change up the guests that are on more often, but for now I decided to stay with TMV and TV cause they were the locals who kept the most eye on camp and pre-season.

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I'd like to join at some point, but I really only like talking x's and o's. Specific game situations, dissecting parts of our game, etc. I don't really care about prospects or what's going on in San Antonio. Maybe as the season goes on, there will be some sessions to break down a specific game or a series of games. That'd be cool, I'd love to participate.

You guys(and gal) do a great job. Keep up the good work.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'd like to join at some point, but I really only like talking x's and o's. Specific game situations, dissecting parts of our game, etc. I don't really care about prospects or what's going on in San Antonio. Maybe as the season goes on, there will be some sessions to break down a specific game or a series of games. That'd be cool, I'd love to participate.

You guys(and gal) do a great job. Keep up the good work.
I'm stepping aside for a while to let other folks do it. With the regular season starting, everyone will have access to the games so I'm sure Robin will have a bunch of different guests on. No one needs to hear me every time.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The plan is to branch out now that the season will start. So definitely if you guys have ideas for episodes to focus on or would like to be on we'd love to hear it. Certainly TPS that sounds like a good idea for a focus, I would love to learn more about systems myself. I will probably try to host my own podcasts about the Rampage or prospects, those topics won't be in every podcast. So if you are interested in joining me on that type of show I'd love to hear it. I think Robin has some folks interested in joining who will look at things more analytics based. So we hope to have a great variety.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Great stuff, basically I could skip reading these forums and just listen to these. Would be the same, but ten times quicker. A lot of great information and stuff. It's great to have dedicated people like you doing this. Absolutely amazing for Avalanche fan!

trip trancid

May 23, 2015
The plan is to branch out now that the season will start. So definitely if you guys have ideas for episodes to focus on or would like to be on we'd love to hear it. Certainly TPS that sounds like a good idea for a focus, I would love to learn more about systems myself. I will probably try to host my own podcasts about the Rampage or prospects, those topics won't be in every podcast. So if you are interested in joining me on that type of show I'd love to hear it. I think Robin has some folks interested in joining who will look at things more analytics based. So we hope to have a great variety.

One topic that I would like to see visited from time to time is draft talk from time to time. When you watch Craig Button or even McKenzie, prospects are discussed in a homogenized way. In other words, they're discussed as though all teams value them the same way. Since draft talk on television will almost never be tailored to the Avs (Avs fan) perspective, it might be worthwhile to have structured discussions about draft prospects using some of the knowledge talent represented in the Avs forums. Naturally it would also be great if some of our fellow Avs fans in Europe were included since the coverage here isn't vast when it comes to European draft prospects.

It seems like a lot of people are interested in the AHL team and guys with their junior teams. And I'm not wanting to throw cold water on it. But I would appreciate it if the discussion tries to assess whether the prospect being discussed has a future with the Avs. It's great player X had three goals but does his game translate to the NHL in a way that helps the Avs.

My $.02.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Loved the podcast. Just one suggestion, volume control. In editing is it possible to change the volume levels at different parts of the podcast because I turn up the volume when Robin speaks and then Jackie speaks and my ear drums end up in the Atlantic. Or I turn it down for Jackie then I can't hear Robin at all.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Loved the podcast. Just one suggestion, volume control. In editing is it possible to change the volume levels at different parts of the podcast because I turn up the volume when Robin speaks and then Jackie speaks and my ear drums end up in the Atlantic. Or I turn it down for Jackie then I can't hear Robin at all.

I have no idea how to change anything like that. Our skype call broke down and I had to restart it and the record so afterwards I file part1 and file part2. I took me about 60-90 minutes to find a way to edit those two into one file.

I think I just in general speak in a low voice when I speak in english because of lack of confidence. I'm usually the loudest on the podcasts I speak in swedish.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
GG, I'm sorry it's that way but we are just not at the capability of editing right now and if I'm going to host it's going to have to all go through my iPad and there's no way that my voice won't be louder.

Trip, are you talking about draft talk in addition to our prospect talk? I'm sure we will do one or more podcasts leading up to the draft. Maybe one that discusses all players available and one more on Avs needs, or just a long one, we'll see when we get there. As far as our own prospect talk, my goal is to do one very in depth on prospects and that can be addressed beyond just boxscore type stuff.

trip trancid

May 23, 2015
GG, I'm sorry it's that way but we are just not at the capability of editing right now and if I'm going to host it's going to have to all go through my iPad and there's no way that my voice won't be louder.

Trip, are you talking about draft talk in addition to our prospect talk? I'm sure we will do one or more podcasts leading up to the draft. Maybe one that discusses all players available and one more on Avs needs, or just a long one, we'll see when we get there. As far as our own prospect talk, my goal is to do one very in depth on prospects and that can be addressed beyond just boxscore type stuff.

I'd prefer draft talk and earlier in the year. Last draft I felt dreadfully uninformed. You guys did a great job, when I first joined, getting me up to speed on the draft prospects. But why not talk about it earlier in the year? Sure, we know less but that's also part of the fun. Maybe with a healthy exchange of knowledge, people like me could possibly latch on to players a lot earlier. I don't know how you manage to follow all this but I think being able to pay attention from afar in a somewhat focused way might be helpful.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Still looking for that Duchene winger. I would like to see Everberg being called up from AHL and joining Landy-MacKinnon. I know I know, It sounds a lot for Everberg, but I think he could be that defensively responsible player on that line, along with Landeskog. Then you can move Tanguay back with Iggy&Duchene and then drop Rantanen down one line. I think then our depth look instantly little bit better. You can have more different variations when you move Tanguay away from Landy-MacK.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Next episode hopefully recorded after the Avs-game.

I asked Henchman to be on but he couldn't make it.

I'll be joined by Luke Steer and Dario Ronzone. Will probably be on episode where I asked them to list five positives and five negatives from the opening start to the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad