Talented players that need a change of scenery

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
1) Timmins has been out with a concussion since May, so the Avs can't really count on him as a prospect right now at all. The D prospect depth also looks quite a bit thinner without him and all of the question marks surrounding his recovery and how his development will proceed. Hopefully he's able to at least personally get back to 100%.

2) No reason for the Avs to add here at all, Puljujarvi has done nothing since being drafted to be ranked above Jost in value. And as cgf said...don't think Puljujarvi is a good fit on the Avs. Not a Bednar / Sakic type player anyways, and there's no centre to help him out.

I don’t think it wise for the team to move Meloche right now with Timmins’ concussion still bothering him, Makar not yet showing what he can do in the NHL, and the uncertainty about Barrie’s future beyond his current contract. In the summer the avs should have clarity on those three questions, and then it’ll make sense to use any of the promising RHDs in a trade...plus it’s not like meloche is any less of a prospect than timmins even if he is able to put this concussion behind him like Crosby & Bergeron did.

Not really interest in a Jost - Pulju swap either way. Jost may not skate well enough to be a center, but I have no questions about his smarts or skill if he were moved to the wing; which is where Pulju plays. If we were moving Jost for a kid who’ll be able to play Center in the NHL, that would be one thing.

Thanks for the replies, I didn’t realize Timmins was out.

I was a big Jost fan predraft. I remember when we thought the top 3 were set wondering if Jost would be too big of a reach at 4. Love his skillset, compete level, and hockey IQ.

He doesn’t have the raw size/speed combo of Pulju but his hockey smarts are definitely better.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He is at least more talented at ice hockey than you are at spelling names of hockey players on your team...
If I spelled his name Tdhevjjsasvh I'd still be better at spelling his name than he is as a defenseman. I don't care if he's one of your fellow countrymen, he's terrible.

Deegee

Oct 29, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Bad organization top to bottom eh?

Where does having the best player in the world rank in there? Now I know who/what I'm talking to. Good grief

What the hell does having one of the best players in the world (given to the organization as a reward for losing) have to do with the fact that the Oilers organization is one of the worst organizations in the NHL?

Tell me about their drafting and their ability to develop players.

Let's be real, although they have started the year off well (although their goal differential is still negative), any success they have on the ice is in spite of the organization being ridiculously awful, not because it's a well run machine.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Youve already proven you know nothing about the Oilers . People like you who know nothing assume it's a one man team. They'll make the playoffs and be fine there.

Man im as big an Oilers fan as anyone but even I will admit this team is all McDavid. Teams like Pittsburgh, Toronto, Washington, Tampa can live without Crosby or Malkin, Matthews or Tavares, Backstrom or Kuznetsov, Stamkos or Point. Could you imagine the Oilers without McDavid? They are disaster some nights with him I cant even a=imagine this team if he goes down and we have Draisaitl/Strome as our 1-2 punch down the middle.

and I guarantee Connor wins a cup in Edmonton. I guarantee it .
[/QUOTE]

How do you guarantee it when you don't even know what the roster is like in 3 years? They don't even have a legit core.

Pre Tavares yes but I still wouldn't. Happy with my team especially Connor.

The Leafs have a far better roster thats extremely young and on top of that have a much better prospect pool. Even if their defence isn't the best , they have a #1dman in Rielly. The Oilers don't have that. Just a couple guys who can compliment a #1 . They also don't have any overpaid players. You can say Tavares but he's a bonifide elite player. Its different than overpaying Lucic, Russell, Sekera and even Draisaitl to a degree.

They're far from a one man team. You're brainwashed by eastern media BS.

Again, we would be a disaster without McDavid.

I didn't say it would be this year. But there's more than enough young talent there around him and coming up to win it in the near future .
[/QUOTE]

Unless they can get rid of Lucic and Draisaitl turns into an elite player as well as us picking up a #1 man somehow I highly doubt that. We have 3 legit top 6 forwards. Puljujarvi looks lost and Yamamoto is the only "young talent" other than McDavid that looks like a surefire NHL player. Bouchard, Bear and Jones are nice dmen but none are sure bets to be top 4 guys and I highly doubt any become top pairing dmen except Bouchard but as a guy who lives in London and watches them a lot I think Bouchard becomes a real good #3 at best. Im an Oilers fan but I have no clue how you can believe any of the stuff you're saying right now.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Jost + Timmins?

Probably won’t part with Timmins, maybe another D prospect not named Makar. Meloche?

Ehh, not really a reason to make the trade if any side needs to add. Despite his injuries, I think the brass would rather wait and see if Timmins pans out and I wouldn't feel comfortable adding Meloche in that situation either since it would leave our D prospect pool bare dry after Makar.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Man im as big an Oilers fan as anyone but even I will admit this team is all McDavid. Teams like Pittsburgh, Toronto, Washington, Tampa can live without Crosby or Malkin, Matthews or Tavares, Backstrom or Kuznetsov, Stamkos or Point. Could you imagine the Oilers without McDavid? They are disaster some nights with him I cant even a=imagine this team if he goes down and we have Draisaitl/Strome as our 1-2 punch down the middle.

and I guarantee Connor wins a cup in Edmonton. I guarantee it .

How do you guarantee it when you don't even know what the roster is like in 3 years? They don't even have a legit core.

The Leafs have a far better roster thats extremely young and on top of that have a much better prospect pool. Even if their defence isn't the best , they have a #1dman in Rielly. The Oilers don't have that. Just a couple guys who can compliment a #1 . They also don't have any overpaid players. You can say Tavares but he's a bonifide elite player. Its different than overpaying Lucic, Russell, Sekera and even Draisaitl to a degree.

Again, we would be a disaster without McDavid.

I didn't say it would be this year. But there's more than enough young talent there around him and coming up to win it in the near future .

Unless they can get rid of Lucic and Draisaitl turns into an elite player as well as us picking up a #1 man somehow I highly doubt that. We have 3 legit top 6 forwards. Puljujarvi looks lost and Yamamoto is the only "young talent" other than McDavid that looks like a surefire NHL player. Bouchard, Bear and Jones are nice dmen but none are sure bets to be top 4 guys and I highly doubt any become top pairing dmen except Bouchard but as a guy who lives in London and watches them a lot I think Bouchard becomes a real good #3 at best. Im an Oilers fan but I have no clue how you can believe any of the stuff you're saying right now.

1) Tampa missed the playoffs 2 years ago with Stamkos out, so there goes that theory. Pittsburgh is a bad example. No team has 2 players like they do. Not even close. But even then, how much did they accomplish during the years that Sid was down? There are no banners for 1st/2nd round exits. Every team needs their superstar players to win. Edmonton is no exception

2) McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Yamamoto, Klef, Nurse, Larsson, Bouchard is abasolutely a young legit core. Nice try though.

3) We can't call Tavares a bit overpaid, but we can call Draisaitl a bit overpaid? Both are overpaid by a million. Bad example. Toronto does have a bad contract right now in Marleau, lets see how they do with the others, if they can manage to get contracts done at all...

4) Draisaitl isn't an elite player? The guy just turned 23. He's a beast on the draw, solid 2 ways, just put up 2 70+ pt seasons and currently has 7g and 13pts in 11 games. How much more do you want.

I'm sorry, but this was just a terrible effort to make the Oilers look bad. And you use Toronto as an example, who look pretty good in the regular season so far, but still haven't made it as deep in the playoffs as this young Oilers core. Find a better example. And to any Leaf fans who read this, I'm sorry, I had no intention of making this about you or your team. As always, it was brought up for no good reason

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I hope for your sake friend that these words are soon forgotten, otherwise you might be in for a rough decade of troll posts.

A rough decade? Why. I didn't say it would be this year, I have at least 8 years to be right about this, and even if I end up wrong, I really don't care about trolls.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Wait.... did you just try and chrip a 1st year rebuilding team for not being in a playoff spot? You can't be that stupid....

Are you seriously playing the offended virgin after responding 'Everyone on the habs' on this thread? Geez, calm the titz.

Both teams are rebuilding, but only one sucks, great for the tank I guess :thumbu:

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Backes.

Not nearly the player he was in STL, and has had his share of injuries, but he could absolutely still be a productive player.

He frankly doesn't have a position in BOS right now. He's not an ideal 3C, but too slow to be playing wing with the likes of Donato, Bjork, or DeBrusk.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
If I spelled his name Tdhevjjsasvh I'd still be better at spelling his name than he is as a defenseman. I don't care if he's one of your fellow countrymen, he's terrible.
I don't care about him, he is likely to be an american soon anyway. But not taking a second to spellcheck was unnecessary.

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Tarasenko may be a candidate. He needs a system that allows for him to be more creative and the Blues can't even get him on the right side for the power play. A +/- of -7 may not be helping his cause.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Are you seriously playing the offended virgin after responding 'Everyone on the habs' on this thread? Geez, calm the titz.

Both teams are rebuilding, but only one sucks, great for the tank I guess :thumbu:
Since when are the habs rebuilding? Their most recent trade was for a 27 year old. They have signed a 30 year old goalie well past his prime recently and have made no moves to aquire picks for vets on the team. Sounds like they are still planning on being an under performing bubble team.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Since when are the habs rebuilding? Their most recent trade was for a 27 year old. They have signed a 30 year old goalie well past his prime recently and have made no moves to aquire picks for vets on the team. Sounds like they are still planning on being an under performing bubble team.

Be reminded that the 27 year old that you're talking about was initially a cap dump in a trade in which we got a 19yo Nick Suzuki and a 2019 2nd rounder in exchange for a 29yo Patch. That's the definition of a rebuild move. The surprise here is that Tatar is playing better hockey than Patch so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->