Talbot signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
:handclap: Right on, great move by the pens, I can't wait to see what this guy can do in AHL and soon, the NHL.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
For $400,000 I heard.

hmmm, and here I thought that the Pens were so poor that they served the players bread and water and that Craig Patrick drove them to games on the back of his bicycle (gas prices being what they are). Hopefully this will stop the talk that I have heard that the Pens can not sign Malkin. Also shows I think that they had the funds, not limitless, but enough to field a more costly team than they did last year (or as they did 2 years ago with a significantly higher payroll), but were following a strategy of shedding as much 'Cap room' as possible in anticipation of the changes next year. May pay off, may not, but the Pens who averaged something approaching 13,000 fans a game the last three years (11,500 last year) are not hurting as everyone seems to always say. Need a new arena? Sure, but listen to the sports talk shows, I have the past few days, and hockey talk still dominates far more of the show even into memorial day than it likely does in almost any non-canadian hockey town.

PEli*

Great for Pittsburgh. I always hated it when Gatineau came to town because Talbot is such a good player. He makes his linemates better and he can really carry a team.

Now trade him to Jersey for...the rights to Tommy Albelin and some Bon Jovi tickets.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
PEli said:
Great for Pittsburgh. I always hated it when Gatineau came to town because Talbot is such a good player. He makes his linemates better and he can really carry a team.

Now trade him to Jersey for...the rights to Tommy Albelin and some Bon Jovi tickets.

Ill trade him for Praise! ;)

(obviously kidding)

AEKaki

Jaded-Fan said:
For $400,000 I heard.

hmmm, and here I thought that the Pens were so poor that they served the players bread and water and that Craig Patrick drove them to games on the back of his bicycle (gas prices being what they are). Hopefully this will stop the talk that I have heard that the Pens can not sign Malkin. Also shows I think that they had the funds, not limitless, but enough to field a more costly team than they did last year (or as they did 2 years ago with a significantly higher payroll), but were following a strategy of shedding as much 'Cap room' as possible in anticipation of the changes next year. May pay off, may not, but the Pens who averaged something approaching 13,000 fans a game the last three years (11,500 last year) are not hurting as everyone seems to always say. Need a new arena? Sure, but listen to the sports talk shows, I have the past few days, and hockey talk still dominates far more of the show even into memorial day than it likely does in almost any non-canadian hockey town.

400,000 signing bonus.
He probably got close to 900,000$ a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->