Post-Game Talk: Talbezina

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So what is your guy's take on the McDavid cross check into the boards? I mean the initial puck battle was fine. But their was zero need to shove him in the back when he was in that vulnerable of a position. At the very least that warrants a boarding call. I feel like NHL reffing has only become worse in recent years, there is no consistency, and the ref was right there and had a clear view of the entire play. The whole preferential treatment of star players is not something I'm on board with, but a penalty is a penalty (or even a major imo). If that was a 4th line plug, it should still be a call.
McDavid didn't do himself any favours either. He appears to turn at the wrong time, although it still should've been a penalty.
I'll say it.

Hitchcock calling out the refs had the opposite effect of what he intended it to have.
It's really no better or worse than what it was. It's also not really any better or worse if you watch other teams as well.

The NHL refs aren't very good period. They still do makeup calls to even things out at times, they still miss obvious stuff right in front of them.

But what really is the solution? The current system allows the better refs to ref longer into the playoffs. It's also not like there is a dozen guys that are better sitting around at home waiting for a job,

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I did like him more yesterday. Seemed to not get caught out of position as much and wasn't going down as quickly as usual either.

Although like someone mentioned on the broadcast he made the first few saves and some big ones and seemed dialed in right from the start.

That’s the thing with Talbot. You know right off the bat in a game if he’s on or off. He usually stays pretty solid all game if he has a good start.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
It's really no better or worse than what it was. It's also not really any better or worse if you watch other teams as well.

These things are all opinion of course but I don't agree with this take. It was bad before of course but by my eye it's been noticeably worse since that presser.

I guess there are stats for that somewhere.

Reactions: Oilhawks

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
McDavid didn't do himself any favours either. He appears to turn at the wrong time, although it still should've been a penalty.

The NHL refs aren't very good period. They still do makeup calls to even things out at times, they still miss obvious stuff right in front of them.

But what really is the solution? The current system allows the better refs to ref longer into the playoffs. It's also not like there is a dozen guys that are better sitting around at home waiting for a job,

He didn't exactly set himself up for success on that play, but regardless, it should have been boarding imo.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
How about Draisaitl turtling again? That’s twice now he’s taken ‘punches’ in the head and done nothing. The worst part was him burying his head for 5 minutes. I get that it was Getzlaf but Draisaitl isn’t a small guy himself. Grow a set already

Reactions: Todd from Leduc

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
How about Draisaitl turtling again? That’s twice now he’s taken ‘punches’ in the head and done nothing. The worst part was him burying his head for 5 minutes. I get that it was Getzlaf but Draisaitl isn’t a small guy himself. Grow a set already
He started with Henrique earlier in the game and Getzlaf was coming over to make sure he smartens up. I'm fine with guys standing up, but you give three cross checks to a guy and someone is coming over to you.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
He started with Henrique earlier in the game and Getzlaf was coming over to make sure he smartens up. I'm fine with guys standing up, but you give three cross checks to a guy and someone is coming over to you.
Oh I agree. What I didn’t like was Draisaitl burying his head in Getzlafs chest like a coward. Be a man for Christ sakes

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Oh I agree. What I didn’t like was Draisaitl burying his head in Getzlafs chest like a coward. Be a man for Christ sakes
Not even Getzlaf, he turns away from much smaller and scary guys. Why couldn't he stay with Henrique? Why did Nurse have to bulldoze him over?

You want to turn away from Getz I somewhat get it, but Henrique?

Reactions: Messrules11

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hyperbole much?
Did you not see him go flying?
featured.jpg

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Even if it was a dive, why the hell did Nurse have to stand up for LD against Henrique?
Cause he can, that's what teammates do?

I bet you wish we played like we did against the kings, where no one stood up for eachother or had any fight in them.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
And then that's what teammates do when Getz stepped up. This really isn't rocket science.

You sit there and cross check a guy three times, someone will come your way later on.
I have no problem with what getzlaf did, or with what Draisaitl did.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Getzaf is one of their best players so who cares? It’s a fair trade-off. I would rather of seen a fight there for many reasons

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Getzaf is one of their best players so who cares? It’s a fair trade-off. I would rather of seen a fight there for many reasons
Getzlaf has no problem dodging fights where he might lose, so I don't see why you have an issue with Draisaitl doing it.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Getzlaf has no problem dodging fights where he might lose, so I don't see why you have an issue with Draisaitl doing it.
In one post you say we had no fight against LA, now you say tuck tail and run. So which is it? Contradict yourself much?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad