Post-Game Talk: Take care of Lu, Hockey Gods. Panthers destroy Bruins 5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
This felt so good :)

So how do we keep Luongo in one piece? Dr. @Brokin?
Well I've already said he should be playing 25 to 30 games per season. Lu visibly loses his post to post and reaction quickness as his aging body doesn't have the stamina for that kind of workload. Will it happen with Mr. Boo calling the shots? I have my doubts because it's all about winning at any cost and keeping his coaching job. Boo said he was going to rest Barkov this season so he isn't burned out as the season winds down and possible playoffs in the picture. That hasn't happened as he's leading the NHL forwards so far in TOI.

I think he plays him till he's injured again and will consider that his rest time while he's on IR. :(

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Well I've already said he should be playing 25 to 30 games per season. Lu visibly loses his post to post and reaction quickness as his aging body doesn't have the stamina for that kind of workload. Will it happen with Mr. Boo calling the shots? I have my doubts because it's all about winning at any cost and keeping his coaching job. Boo said he was going to rest Barkov this season so he isn't burned out as the season winds down and possible playoffs in the picture. That hasn't happened as he's leading the NHL forwards so far in TOI.

I think he plays him till he's injured again and will consider that his rest time while he's on IR. :(

In defense of boogie (and don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan), the team has been playing catch up in the standings and barely staying alive so he had to play barky as much as possible. Last night we were cruising so barkov only played 22 minutes, so clearly boog is aware of the ice time. He just didn't have many options for most games.

Plus with reimer and hutch sucking, same for Lu, he had to play for us to keep the season alive. From here on out, if Lu says he's good to go, you have to play him. Get in playoffs first and worry about his fatigue later.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Crazy to think this would been a 7-5 loss with Reimer in net

Not to beat the dead horse, but when we were up 4-1 on the Lightning, I posted "We're going to need six to win this one." And I wasn't kidding. I think we all know that we all knew what was going to happen, and then it did. Last night I figured the Bruins might dribble in a cheap one to start the third period and then go home with a 4-1 loss, but losing the game didn't even enter my mind at that point.

I think rebound control and overall positioning makes the defense look better with Luongo in net, too. Reimer flopping around and bouncing the puck all over the ice turns things into a chaotic mess back there.

I actually like James Reimer, he seems like a great guy and he did get hot for us last season to help keep things interesting, but man... I'm sorry... he's got to go. I honestly think this team is good enough to get to the playoffs and have a legitimate chance to win a series for the first time in forever, but not with #34 doing snow angels in the blue paint.

Honest to God question, what is Harri Sateri doing right now?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Not to beat the dead horse, but when we were up 4-1 on the Lightning, I posted "We're going to need six to win this one." And I wasn't kidding. I think we all know that we all knew what was going to happen, and then it did. Last night I figured the Bruins might dribble in a cheap one to start the third period and then go home with a 4-1 loss, but losing the game didn't even enter my mind at that point.

I think rebound control and overall positioning makes the defense look better with Luongo in net, too. Reimer flopping around and bouncing the puck all over the ice turns things into a chaotic mess back there.

I actually like James Reimer, he seems like a great guy and he did get hot for us last season to help keep things interesting, but man... I'm sorry... he's got to go. I honestly think this team is good enough to get to the playoffs and have a legitimate chance to win a series for the first time in forever, but not with #34 doing snow angels in the blue paint.

It pains me to see #34 being tainted by another goalie. Just makes it that much worse...

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
It pains me to see #34 being tainted by another goalie. Just makes it that much worse...

I still can't understand why he chose that number. Does he not know who Vanbiesbrouck is and what he accomplished with the franchise? Did no one tell him? Has he not seen pictures of Beezer around the arena? Arguably the most iconic player in team history.....and uses his number.

Hoffman is almost as bad, but Jagr is not synonymous with the Panthers, and Mikey is so f***ing good that we'll let his number choice slide LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

Did you see that Luongo had 60:00 ice time? That’s like almost the whole game! It’s more than even Barkov! Boughner really sucks with his time management. By postseason, we’ll be lucky if Luongo can lace his own skates.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Bjugstad is practicing in a non-contact jersey today, so my guess is that he didn't have any symptoms or he wouldn't be out there at all, but they want to be extra careful. They may sit him for a game as a precaution until he takes some contact...we will see. Malgin is ready to go anyway if we need a replacement.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Seem to be sticking to slowing down, and focusing on defense. It's coming along pretty well. I think it's their best option to play. Getting into track meets with teams is not going move them into the top of the standings, at best they'll be mediocre. With this style, I think it's their best chance.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

If we can stay healthy, get Trocheck back
Trade Petrovic, Bjugstad, Reimer and pick up a solid stay home dman + back up goalie and a veteran center for 3rd line I like were we at

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If we can stay healthy, get Trocheck back
Trade Petrovic, Bjugstad, Reimer and pick up a solid stay home dman + back up goalie and a veteran center for 3rd line I like were we at
Bjugstad is fine. The other 2 for sure need to go. I’m not even a big Bjugstad fan but he’s been playing well.

Reactions: Rahooji

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Did you see that Luongo had 60:00 ice time? That’s like almost the whole game! It’s more than even Barkov! Boughner really sucks with his time management. By postseason, we’ll be lucky if Luongo can lace his own skates.
Aricept works wonders for those who lose focus. Works great for me. You should try some. :)

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
So play Reimer the other 50+.....and expect to make the playoffs?

And in your scenario, the regular season No. 1 becomes the postseason back-up?
It's a catch 22. Even you said yourself that he'll break down again. It's a matter of going all in and maybe getting lucky enough for the playoffs if the trainers somehow keep him scotch taped together well enough to play the majority of the 56 remaining games. Let's say he suits up for 40-45 of those games.

He obviously has serious issues that are flex related due to age and eventually somethings going to break that requires surgery. No availability for the playoffs or stretch run and you roll the dice with Reimer or Monty. It's a no win situation when you're dealing with an aging superstar where mgt hasn't properly prepared through an acquisition to have a smooth transition. :)

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

If Joyce didn't luck out with Jam he'd probably go down as one of the worst 5 or 10 GMs of the last 50 years, which is impressive since he was there for just 1 year.

Gutted the team by making the wrong moves, firing a well liked coach for trash, not understanding the salary cap, horrific signings?

The current GM trading a 40 goal scorer making under 1 million for nothing and he's still lapping him

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If Joyce didn't luck out with Jam he'd probably go down as one of the worst 5 or 10 GMs of the last 50 years, which is impressive since he was there for just 1 year.

Gutted the team by making the wrong moves, firing a well liked coach for trash, not understanding the salary cap, horrific signings?

The current GM trading a 40 goal scorer making under 1 million for nothing and he's still lapping him

Ill give him credit for Sceviour.

Reactions: klabob

Miami Panther

Jun 24, 2006
Miami, FL
Maybe we just need to face the facts that he seems to take a little bit to get going.

Seems to be the case which I'm perfectly fine with. The bolts board was hating big time on Kucherov at the beginning of the season (he's another notoriously slow starter) and now look at him..the guy is tearing it up just like Hubs.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

I mean I wasn't the biggest fan of that offseason. I think half my posts on this board were discussing that offseason lol, and normally in a negative manner. But Yandle was a really good pick up. As Sceviour was decent as well.

Reactions: klabob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad