Tailgating

jesperdenmark

Sep 2, 2014
Denmark
Thanks for your reply.

We are from Denmark, as I wrote in my first post. We don't have tent, grill etc. Will we be able to join others, or can we buy food and beverages at the tailgate?

Sorry if my questions are stupid :help: :)

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Thanks for your reply.

We are from Denmark, as I wrote in my first post. We don't have tent, grill etc. Will we be able to join others, or can we buy food and beverages at the tailgate?

Sorry if my questions are stupid :help: :)
No stupid questions ... it's only stupid if you don't know and you don't ask a question. Tailgating is a uniquely American thing anyway ;)

There were food trucks at the tailgate this year that sold sandwiches / burgers / tacos for $4-$8 per person, and I thought they were pretty good. I don't think they sell beer out there, but there are many different bars at Westgate where you can get beers. My favorite is Yardhouse but the Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville bar is uniquely fun.

If you want the full experience (or you want to save some money), you can go to almost any gas station and buy a cheap cooler for $10 and fill it with ice for $1. A pack of 12 cans of beer (33cl each) will cost $12-$18 in Arizona, so everyone in your group can have all the beer they want for less than $40.

jesperdenmark

Sep 2, 2014
Denmark
You will see people who bring food, cook their own food and bring skates / balls / hockey sticks, so do whatever you'd like.

Thanks for your reply.

We arrive in the states in October, and the first thing we do, is buying a cooler, we have done that every year. It's always nice to have cool drinks in the car.

We will buy some food there.

We can't wait to come over, and we can't wait to see danish players Mikkel Boedker and Frans Nielsen (Islanders) play.

Go Coyotes:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
One other thing - we speak Spanish in Arizona. We only post in English for our good friends in the Business of Hockey section. (Just kidding) If you pass my blue Volvo, please stop by and say hello. I've always wanted to visit Denmark. Your countrymen saved some of my family leading up to WW2.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Thanks for your reply.

We arrive in the states in October, and the first thing we do, is buying a cooler, we have done that every year. It's always nice to have cool drinks in the car.

We will buy some food there.

We can't wait to come over, and we can't wait to see danish players Mikkel Boedker and Frans Nielsen (Islanders) play.

Go Coyotes:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

All visitors are welcome.. but the Swedes have set the bar for jerseys

OELfriends.jpg

jesperdenmark

Sep 2, 2014
Denmark
One other thing - we speak Spanish in Arizona. We only post in English for our good friends in the Business of Hockey section. (Just kidding) If you pass my blue Volvo, please stop by and say hello. I've always wanted to visit Denmark. Your countrymen saved some of my family leading up to WW2.

We will look after the blue Volvo :)

Great jerseys the Swedes made. :yo:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
That's it jesperdenmark, you have to make one of these but with Boedker. :sarcasm:

One for every member in your group that is... :laugh:

I changed planes in Copenhagen once, that's as close as I've come to visiting Denmark. It's on my list though.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
How much is a beer?

I think that it's cheaper than it is in Denmark. At the rink there my team plays, a beer, 0,4 L costs $10. :(

The standard stadium price here in Phoenix is that 0.7L (24 US ounces, to be specific... hey, we're America, we use American units) of beer costs US$10-11.50 depending on brand. Bud Light is $10, Heineken is $11.50, to give you an idea of our selection and price range.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Everything here in Denmark is expensive.

Example:

Ford Mustang - $120.000 :-( :-(
If you can bring a bottle of Akvavit or a Rodovre Mighty Bulls hockey puck, I will give you a ride in my Mustang ... and if you guys drink enough at the tailgate, you will need a ride after the game :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad