Player Discussion Tage Thompson 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Ah ok. Thanks for clarifying

What an odd way to approach Mittelstadt’s prospect camp.

Especially because Mitts is exactly the type of prospect Pronman loves. Weird.

For whatever reason I've gotten the sense that some of the people that prospect watch, at least for these type of development camps with only 3v3 scrimmages simply expect D+1, D+2 guys to dominate because of age and experience and thus are looking more at younger kids. So Mitts performance was basically expected and not a 'stand out'.

It's a bit odd, Pronman himself seems to stand out as somebody who doesn't do a great job of explaining the specific things he looks for/doesn't look for, or at least doesn't do it consistently in each article.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
One thing I haven't seen mentioned on this thread by fellow Blues fans is that this kid is a very competitive player, isn't going to get intimidated by anybody, and while he isn't overly physical or dirty (for a lack of a better word), I noticed he was very feisty, and showed some flashes of snarl at the end of whistles, and I know that the compete level was something the vets and the coaching staff respected about his game. He has good tools for the NHL level, but the willingness to put in the work and improve his game is there as well. I don't think the expectations should be too high for him next year, but I don't think there's a doubt this kid will be a regular contributor somewhere in your middle 6 in a couple of years.

ISeeStars

Jun 23, 2018
Iowa
JFC that thread. We traded for THREE goddamn players Blues fans were itching to get rid of?

Definitely doesn't bestow confidence in the trade. His ceiling sounds average at best and I know he's still young but I was hoping for a more proven or brighter prospect in return for our second best player in his prime. Best bet is Tage turns into a top 6 fwd. Worse bet is he gets rushed into this losing culture and is stuffed in the AHL in a couple years.

Reactions: normaliswear

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
JFC that thread. We traded for THREE goddamn players Blues fans were itching to get rid of?

Blues fans rate every player like they’re the second coming of Crosby and then toss them immediately when they don’t pan out immediately. Look at Berglund - he came out with a great rookie season, but didn’t improve on that and half the fans couldn’t wait for him to be gone, despite him being 4th in goals playing diminished roles. I wouldn’t look too much into their instant dismissal of a guy who was only playing NHL because they had zero depth and needed warm bodies. I’d be worried if he stalled his development, but he has done nothing but improve over the course of last season. There’s an Athletic article pre trade that detailed this very well.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Sobotka takes one sneak peek at this organization and runs back to the K lol. Jk obviously but the thought did cross my mind briefly.
Didn't a Russian do that with Murray? I can't quite remember his name.

Baccus

Feb 18, 2014
There was that backup goalie that apparently reneged on a verbal agreement (Zatkoff?), don't remember any Russians.

I remember when Kulikov got acquired and tweeted/instagramed about being excited to come to Buffalo...ah the halcyon days of yore.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

Aavvaa

Jul 2, 2018
Rusty. Good catch.
Yeah.

I also remember Tim Murray on WGR saying McPhee owed him a favour pre-expansion draft (taking Klesla's big salary off Washington who were looking to compete). Wonder what was in the works.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Blues fans rate every player like they’re the second coming of Crosby and then toss them immediately when they don’t pan out immediately. Look at Berglund - he came out with a great rookie season, but didn’t improve on that and half the fans couldn’t wait for him to be gone, despite him being 4th in goals playing diminished roles. I wouldn’t look too much into their instant dismissal of a guy who was only playing NHL because they had zero depth and needed warm bodies. I’d be worried if he stalled his development, but he has done nothing but improve over the course of last season. There’s an Athletic article pre trade that detailed this very well.

True. My god did they ever act like Jake Allen was going to be the best goalie to ever step foot on an NHL ice surface. They were also obsessed with Ty Rattie and Jaskin. All three were untouchable. It’s no different then now with Kostin and Kyrou. I think every fan base overrated there prospects, but we just see it more with them because they’ve seemed to make a few deals with Buffalo.

Reactions: Ralonzo and Eichel9

Baccus

Feb 18, 2014
Yeah.

I also remember Tim Murray on WGR saying McPhee owed him a favour pre-expansion draft (taking Klesla's big salary off Washington who were looking to compete). Wonder what was in the works.

It was supposedly for the expansion draft, not to take Ullmark or whatever, one imagines that vanished with Murray as Botts sent a pick to keep Ullmark/have Carrier taken.

Zippy Chippy

Apr 6, 2015
I don't understand this comment. What narrative am I pushing? I merely indicated that Hamilton has insider information due to his proximity to the team locker room and the sabres org.

Now if you want to argue that he's a sabres shill, that would make sense to me since he works for WGR and wants to maintain his access.

My comment wasn't about you. Rather, it was about another poster who is pushing a narrative regarding Thompson demanding a top-role. :sarcasm:

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Sobotka takes one sneak peek at this organization and runs back to the K lol. Jk obviously but the thought did cross my mind briefly.

Need to include the "flee clause"....If one of said players traded to Buffalo flees to another league further compensation will be required.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
One poster mentioned he reminds him of Alex Tuch from Vegas. I would take that. We don't have too many prospects with his size, shot, etc. What do you guys think?

Another poster said he reminded him of Adam Creighton. So I guess he'll have a career year right after the Sabres trade him?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Makarov? Didn't he say something like Murray hated Russians?
Someone did from what I recall and the name does seem like it was him. The Russian I was thinking of was Klesla tho.

I forgot we had Makarov, it looks like he's putting up decent numbers as a backup in the KHL.

john716

Mar 22, 2013
Buffalo,New York
I do think with his skill set he would be a nice complement to Jack if he does turn out.

Who was he playing with in STL for the 40 or so game she played this year?

From what I understand he was not given enough ice time. I think his ceiling could be at most a player like Mantha from Detroit. His skating is above average. Yes he can improve and I’m sure he will but he needs players to feed him the puck. His shot is amazing.

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
From what I understand he was not given enough ice time. I think his ceiling could be at most a player like Mantha from Detroit. His skating is above average. Yes he can improve and I’m sure he will but he needs players to feed him the puck. His shot is amazing.
Well we have this player named Jack Eichel that can surely get the puck to the tape of his stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad