Player Discussion Tage Thompson 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If he had been down in the AHL all year, I feel like collectively we would all be super excited about him.

Or at least assigned at an appropriate time when it became clear that he wasn't able to keep up, perhaps he'd have rounded out some of his game and have been part of the late-season recall excitement.

Reactions: Snippit

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Other than Danny Gare....we haven't had a lot of luck with our 2nd round picks...Roy, Tallinder, Lindy, Curtis Brown are the best of the rest.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Or at least assigned at an appropriate time when it became clear that he wasn't able to keep up, perhaps he'd have rounded out some of his game and have been part of the late-season recall excitement.
His development path in St Louis is weird too. He was never been left in the AHL long enough to develop into a dominant player. It's not as if he as a 1st or 2nd overall pick.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
It might not be too late for this guy. By the end of next season he's still gonna be only 22. If by that time he has had a big season in the A plus a couple of good call-ups, that's an exciting prospect.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
It might not be too late for this guy. By the end of next season he's still gonna be only 22. If by that time he has had a big season in the A plus a couple of good call-ups, that's an exciting prospect.
It seems unlikely to me that he would play almost this full season in Buffalo and then spend most of next year in Rochester. I agree that it would probably be good for his development if it happened, but I don't think it will.

Reactions: umbertovanek

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
It seems unlikely to me that he would play almost this full season in Buffalo and then spend most of next year in Rochester. I agree that it would probably be good for his development if it happened, but I don't think it will.
Agreed. I could live with a half season in Roch and if he plays like he does now the rest of the season in Buffalo.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

It took several months too long, but it does seem Botterill finally came to his senses about the kid with sending him down late in the season. Hopefully he starts there next year (unless he really earns it in camp/the preseason) and has to work for his call-ups. He's got some exciting tools, but he could definitely stand more development time with Taylor and the Amerks.

Reactions: Chainshot

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
It took several months too long, but it does seem Botterill finally came to his senses about the kid with sending him down late in the season. Hopefully he starts there next year (unless he really earns it in camp/the preseason) and has to work for his call-ups. He's got some exciting tools, but he could definitely stand more development time with Taylor and the Amerks.
How can people complain when he's obviously been developing fine. He'll get another shot in the NHL. For all we know the extra time in the NHL helped him. I do think he has to earn his spot next year though. He can do that with a strong playoffs.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Guy has 5 goals in 5 games down in Roch. Why didn't they send him down 40 games ago.

It's a situation where every once in a while he would do this fancy toe drag and miss the net..but he was so close sometimes. In this scenario we thought it would be best if he kept at it in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->