T.J. Tynan

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
As a 2010 prospect will he be drafted or sign?

I believe that he should get drafted but maybe he won't.

Here's the stats;

Games-G---A--Pts--PIM
2009-10 Des Moines Buccaneers USHL 60-- 7- 55- 72-- 55
2010-11 Notre Dame CCHA 40 21 30 51 32

He should be considere as a 6th round pick at the very least.

IrishFan

Mar 9, 2011
If he had another 5" on him teams would be beating a path to his door. I think he'll at least get a late round pick this year, and probably deserves to go higher.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
I saw him play a couple times for Des Moines and he was getting the most sheltered minutes I've ever seen.

I don't know if anything has changed and of course herp derp new NHL but I have a hard time seeing him as a legit NHL prospect.

IrishFan

Mar 9, 2011
He's not getting sheltered minutes now...the kid hardly gets off the ice. He's working on the defensive side of his game, which has improved, and picks up a good share of PK minutes and has a couple SHG this year. I hate to typecast him based on size but I think he could be a useful Gerbe type.

IrishFan

Mar 9, 2011
Is he a good skater ?

He's not a pretty skater...usually running around semi-hunched over (probably just looks that way b/c his shoulder pads are almost as big as he is :laugh:). He's quick though, and good at getting himself where he needs to be to get a good shot off. He has very good vision on the ice and seems to have very good pass vs. shoot decision making.

Sabres9

Mar 8, 2011
He's gained 15 pounds or so since last year so he's coming in at about 175lbs. He deserves to be draft after lighting up the ushl and then college, he's for real. I'm not saying he's going to automatically be a 25 goals scorer in the nhl or anything but I believe he certainly has earned a shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad