T.J. Oshie

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe sacco

Sep 30, 2005
it seems as though t.j. oshie is getting hyped a little bit these days around these boards as of late. he has been having a great world junior's for the usa but does he have the upside of a top point producer. from what ive seen (and granted its only been 4 or 5 games) he seems more like an energy/spark plug player a la matt cooke. agree? disagree?

Checker*

joe sacco said:
it seems as though t.j. oshie is getting hyped a little bit these days around these boards as of late. he has been having a great world junior's for the usa but does he have the upside of a top point producer. from what ive seen (and granted its only been 4 or 5 games) he seems more like an energy/spark plug player a la matt cooke. agree? disagree?
In the WJCs there were many times where he'd make a great play to set up a teammate, but they couldn't put the puck in the net. In his freshman year at UND he's a better than point per game player with 11 goals and 10 assists in 20 games. I don't think he has top end goal-scoring talent but he does have excellent vision and playmaking ability to go along with the energy you allude to. I'd say he could very well be a top point producer just probably not a top goalscorer.

yentlmania

Sep 17, 2004
Fully agree here as well, makes jarmo look good taking him ' so far off the board'.
I asked over at the WJHC but did not get a reply...was Oshie hurt badly in the last game? Anyone know his status?

lemieux32*

To put it in perspective, Oshie has 21 points in 21 games(10-11), Kessel has 23 points in 19 games(9-14).

Hockeycanada*

VOB said:
Agree 100%
Definitely. During the draft last year, I was wondering why St. Louis took the kid in the first round but now I know why. A true competitor.

Flin Flon

Jan 19, 2004
St. Paul, MN
He has never floated around for a shift in any of the half dozen games that I've seen him play. I see him as point producer with many more assists than goals. He has a knack of making great passes to set up great scoring opprotunities. If he is teamed up with a great finisher, 50 assists are not out of the question.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Oshie reminds me a lot of Parise. Both guys just out work their opponenets to score. He does have some flash and so did Parise. So far Parise is on pace for about 25 points. That number will go up next year. Now that Elias is back and hey it is the devils in the first place. I see Oshie scoring much the same as Parise does. Hard work, second assists and goals from with in 15 feet. Also like Parise his value will never be in points alone.

Not to get in a tizzy. But if you look at conference only scoring. Oshie has 10 points in 14 games. Kessel has 16 points in 14 games. Oshie can easily out work non-conference foes. But is having a bit harder time of it in the WCHA.

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
yentlmania said:
Fully agree here as well, makes jarmo look good taking him ' so far off the board'.
I asked over at the WJHC but did not get a reply...was Oshie hurt badly in the last game? Anyone know his status?
Oshie is fine, he played in both UND games on Friday and Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad