T.J. Dillashaw plans to relinquish UFC title after ‘adverse’ USADA finding from UFC Brooklyn,

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
Oh wow, I didn't see the banned for 1 year part. This reaffirms my dislike of him and his cocky attitude

I wonder if he was juiced up for the garbrandt fight as well.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
People are way too quick to jump to conclusions on these things. I'm not a big Dillashaw fan, but I'll let this one play out first and see what facts come out.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I just think there is a Vitor Belfort and then there is TJ Dillashaw. I think this was an accident.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Any word yet on what substance he tripped for?

Nothing yet.

My question is why it took USADA this long to come to their conclusion? That fight was 2 months ago, and they're just now giving notice over a irregularity? Seems odd.

Also, NYSAC quickly handing out a 1 year suspension with little comment seems odd as well. Wouldn't shock me if this whole thing is over marijuana.

Reactions: LSCII

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nothing yet.

My question is why it took USADA this long to come to their conclusion? That fight was 2 months ago, and they're just now giving notice over a irregularity? Seems odd.

Also, NYSAC quickly handing out a 1 year suspension with little comment seems odd as well. Wouldn't shock me if this whole thing is over marijuana.

It's because under the new rules, if something gets flagged then they won't release it publically until they've investigated it and the proper results can be determined.

I am assuming that it took this long because now they have looked into it further and Dillashaw knew he was busted so he jumped the story.

Reactions: Rocko604

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It's crazy how much changed for Dillashaw over 3 months.

He headlined the first card on ESPN with a chance to win his 2nd belt.

He gets KO'd immediately, then whined about the stoppage for a few weeks, and now loses his other belt and gets suspended.

Not a good look for TJ.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
These guys all get way ahead of themselves with this legacy nonsense. They start talking about it the second they win the belt. They need to look at GSP, Anderson, and Jones. That is how you build a legacy. Not this champ-champ nonsense.

And not to beat a dead horse with PEDs, but generally it's as simple as the eye test. Getting THAT shredded is virtually impossible to do unassisted.

Reactions: tmurfin and m9

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
It's because under the new rules, if something gets flagged then they won't release it publically until they've investigated it and the proper results can be determined.

I am assuming that it took this long because now they have looked into it further and Dillashaw knew he was busted so he jumped the story.

That makes sense.

You'll have to forgive me for not assuming USADA actually did some due diligence, lol.

Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Voluntarily giving up the belt is maybe the most damning thing he could have done. How many innocent people just accept punishment for something they didn't do? Especially fighters. There's been some pictures floating around of TJ and all the supplements he was taking. It's very possible one of them was tainted, but it does not look good for TJ.

Reactions: tmurfin

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
A guy who’s done EVERYTHING in his career for self gain, doesn’t vacate the title for the “good of the weight class”. Period. Especially if he’s innocent.

One thing Miesha Tate touched on which I think is plausible, all the weight and fat he shed to make it down to his leanest physique possible, definitely could’ve revealed substances from years prior. Say what you will about the Alpha Male guys and Garbrandt, I always thought he was a little thick in the head but I’ve never thought him a liar.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Wow. Not only test positive for something he could have naturally replicated while already training in Colorado, he gets busted by a simple urine test. Obviously no consultation with high-level cyclists was done prior to taking this.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
2 year ban for Dillishaw using EPO, yet Jones gets a free pass to cheat every fight. Makes so much sense...

Maybe Dillashaw should have snitched, then he'd only have received 15 months as well. :sarcasm:

And in all seriousness, I really doubt what was in Jones system, more so the amount, really had much of an impact in his fights vs Gus and Smith. What gets me with USADA was how lightly they dealt with Jones, despite his past. Should have been a 4 year ban. Would love to hear the phone calls between Dana, Jeff Nowitzky and USADA CEO Travis Tygart on that issue. Guaranteed some money changed hands...

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Wow. Not only test positive for something he could have naturally replicated while already training in Colorado, he gets busted by a simple urine test. Obviously no consultation with high-level cyclists was done prior to taking this.
He's been a cheat for years. My guess is either USADA's testing caught up to the latest masking methods or he f***ed up his masking process. Cheating scumbag either way, see ya in 2 years bud

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Was this his 2nd positive test?

I thought fighters only got a 1 year suspension for their first failed drug test

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Damn. I was hoping it'd be something somewhat excusable like a diuretic and then he'd be back in a year or so. He blatantly cheated to gain an advantage though and EPO is what Cody specifically accused TJ of using a year ago so you have to wonder how long he has been doing it. This is a big blow to his career as he'll be nearly 35 when he can compete again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad