Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
giphy.gif

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
tumblr_lybz1ut9Mu1qfia34o1_400.gif

Ugh... this better not be a trend. I think I saw him block a shot with his hand Monday night. Can't remember if it was Brodie, but it would make sense that it was, he took it square on the palm.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Oh man.. That sucks.. Lucky the season hasn't started and we have Hamilton to pick up that slack.. Hopefully a speedy recovery..

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
The biggest thing is that he has ample time to heal. There's no need to rush him, a lingering hand issue could seriously hamper his season if he tries to rush it.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Sucks, but it's not for that long and with the additions of Hamilton, Nakladal, Morrison etc. there should be no need for panic moves.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
If it was from him blocking that shot with his hand, that makes him and Bouma with broken hands from blocking with their palms. I hope Hartley finds a way to address that.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Could be worse. Half the time will be preseason, and we acquired a top pairing d this offseason.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I'd rather this happen in training camp then when the Flames are making a playoff push like Giordano last season. Impact will be minimal. Gives some of our younger D guys a chance to show what they got.

Hamilton trade is paying off already. If he wasn't here, Brodie's absence would hurt a lot more.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
although it sucks he is injured I think this gives Gio and Hamilton to get some good chemistry going together. defense could look like

Gio - Hamilton
Russell - Wideman
Wotherspoon/Nakladal - Engelland

May 27, 2012
Earth
Hartley can't do a thing about it. If he gets hurt blocking the puck with his hand he's hurt , he can suggest something but can't force them to do anything about it. Just like those foot protector things. Feaster got the team to do it, but under an agreement with the NHLPA he wasn't allowed to do that. Same thing with etc. The players are the ones with the power about equipment, mostly.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I drank NyQuil before bed and it's only been 3.5 hours please tell me this is a nightmare or that I'm still NyQuil drunk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad