Tribute T.J. Brodie Appreciation

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Gardiner is a pretty decent comparison. Premium added for playing RHD position.

The one point I must make is he hasn't made Reilly return to his form that he displayed with Hainsey as his partner.
Is that because Reilly isn't as good as he showed back then or Brodie and Reilly aren't quite the perfect fit for Reilly?

The year with Hainsey, Rielly benefited from a 12% on-ice shooting%. I just don't see him being on the ice for 115 GF at even strength ever again. It was a perfect storm of him being at his peak, mostly healthy all season, and getting a lot of puck luck.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
that first game was troubling ... lol

frankly hes been better than reilly for what its worth. if it wasnt for TJ reilly would easily be a -10 player this year

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Brodie has been good, as advertised and seems to be getting a little better. Will we see some goals soon?
yep his feet are moving faster and it helps on his stick checks ... he is a very good add once he got 1st 3 warm up games in now I am seeing it ... vets need some pre season games to warm up

deltamachine

Mar 30, 2013
Much better than I thought and very happy with his acquisition. He's quick and always there taking efficient routes to stop the cycle. I think he's really stabilized the D. Steady, doesn't overdo anything.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Gardiner????

you guys have to be kidding. I wasn't even a Gardiner hater but Brodie is 10x the defensemen Gardiner is, let's be real.
Many of these guys never laced em up competitively so they really don't understand what paying da price really means as a defender ... you can't even explain it to some of these stats/analytics guys as they have to learn it for themselves like Dubie ... no disrespect it is just da way it is ... even Bowman played to closest level you can go without being a pro player and knew exactly what it was like to get a 2 hander across da head

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
He's not a "sexy" Player, just nice and solid. You often don't notice him (That's real good!)

Basically exactly how I would describe Sylvain Lefebvre, whom I loved on our defense. Rarely noticed him, which wasn't an insult but a good thing. Meant he was getting things done.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Basically exactly how I would describe Sylvain Lefebvre, whom I loved on our defense. Rarely noticed him, which wasn't an insult but a good thing. Meant he was getting things done.
That's why that 93 D was so great. He had 4-5 of those guys. Just real steady guy.

MVPMatthews

Feb 11, 2021
Great signing. Was worried with people comparing him to Barrie but that seems to be completely wrong! Glad to see it been super solid, seems to break up a lot of passes and mark smart plays with the puck. Can't tell you how good it feels to have 3 serviceable RHD in Brodie, Holl, Bogo

Reactions: CincoHolio

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Great signing. Was worried with people comparing him to Barrie but that seems to be completely wrong! Glad to see it been super solid, seems to break up a lot of passes and mark smart plays with the puck. Can't tell you how good it feels to have 3 serviceable RHD in Brodie, Holl, Bogo
Who compared him to Barrie?!

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
too bad that dummy Kadri nixed the trade or we could have had him a year ago.

Brodie and Holl are orders of magnitude better than Barrie and Ceci were last season.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Brodie and Holl are orders of magnitude better than Barrie and Ceci were last season.
If Kadri did not veto the trade to Calgary do you think Brodie would have re-signed with the Leafs? I know it's weird to say since Dubas ended up signing him as a UFA, but I'm sure you understand the point I'm trying to make.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If Kadri did not veto the trade to Calgary do you think Brodie would have re-signed with the Leafs? I know it's weird to say since Dubas ended up signing him as a UFA, but I'm sure you understand the point I'm trying to make.

Interesting. I think they definitely would have had a good chance to re-sign him. Just like how they re-signed Muzzin.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

yes I do. why wouldn't he have?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Many of these guys never laced em up competitively so they really don't understand what paying da price really means as a defender ... you can't even explain it to some of these stats/analytics guys as they have to learn it for themselves like Dubie ... no disrespect it is just da way it is ... even Bowman played to closest level you can go without being a pro player and knew exactly what it was like to get a 2 hander across da head
Couldn't agree more. Gardiner was the absolute worst when he heard the footsteps. Some guys just mentally can't handle it.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

It is curious given it's one of the bigger beefs some folks have with Kyle. Looks like his initial assessment was right again.

Would be curious to know if moving Kadri was his decision alone or if the organization was pushing it? I mean, one can debate if the offer you want isn't there, then hold but I'd be curious if the organization said they wanted the distraction gone by a certain time or anything?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->