T.J Brennan

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
I didnt saw a topic for him. I'm not sure but it seems like I'm one of the only ones who thinks Brennan should take a roster spot. Dude has a howitzer of a shot and all-around offensive upside to be even top-4 D. I know he must improve defensive play but I think babcock can really turn this dude to a diamond.

Last season stats:
Rockford Icehogs: gp:54 | 9+27 = 36 | +\- 12+ | PIM: 54
Toronto Marlies: gp:19 | 3+13 = 16 | +5 | 12min.

I know he isnt young anymore but I just believe he would be our breakout d next season if allowed. Whattya think ?

Murphy Blue

Live blue
Nov 12, 2008
Newfoundland
I didnt saw a topic for him. I'm not sure but it seems like I'm one of the only ones who thinks Brennan should take a roster spot. Dude has a howitzer of a shot and all-around offensive upside to be even top-4 D. I know he must improve defensive play but I think babcock can really turn this dude to a diamond.

Last season stats:
Rockford Icehogs: gp:54 | 9+27 = 36 | +\- 12+ | PIM: 54
Toronto Marlies: gp:19 | 3+13 = 16 | +5 | 12min.

I know he isnt young anymore but I just believe he would be our breakout d next season if allowed. Whattya think ?

I think there's a reason he's been passed around like a draw in a college dorm

Though, I don't think he's much worse than Franson, and I do think he could take a 3rd pairing spot. I just believe there's a reason he's never stuck on any team past the AHL level. For whatever reason he just doesn't have NHL stuff. He's been great for the Marlies though, so who knows.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Sure, but the guy doesn't have a chance. He's 8th on the depth chart at best.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Seems weird that a PPG AHL defenseman has nothing to add to an NHL roster.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Nathan Dempsey 2015 style.

When you watch Brennan with the Marlies he's easily one of the most noticeable players on the ice. Perhaps with a good stretch of time with the big club, he might get a little more confident/relaxed and show us his skill level is right up there.

Problem is, he plays the same style as Gardner and Reilly and you know he won't be usurping their spots anytime soon.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Don't think much will come of him. He'll probably be one of the 50 man limit casualties soon and replaced by a younger guy who they're trying to develop.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Don't think much will come of him. He'll probably be one of the 50 man limit casualties soon and replaced by a younger guy who they're trying to develop.

Unlikely he moves as he's one of the Marlies biggest PP threats. On a very young team you still need vet players to coordinate the offense.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
He'll be a key contributor to a winning Marlies team. We already have our 7 D-men lined up for opening night and I'd like to see near NHL-ready D-man prospects like Percy, Harrington and Loov get spot duty over Brennan.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Doubt he's back after this year.

Very well could be right, but injuries happen during the season. You never know how a new coach like Babcock will take to his skill-set. It's too early to judge at this point, but he won't be a roster dump as the Marlies struggled without him last season

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Seems weird that a PPG AHL defenseman has nothing to add to an NHL roster.

The trouble is that the other team will get two PPG when he's in his own end, he makes Gardiner look like one of the leagues top shut down guys.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He should have been given a shot with the Leafs before: they had nothing really to lose by doing so.

This season, it may be a bit tight with the roster as it is, and guys like Percy also pushing for a spot.

But if guys like Dion and Polak get moved, maybe he'll get a chance.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
They are lacking a shot from the point without Franson. If peeps struggle you may see TJ up with the big club - Lou likes to give unknown d-men a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad