Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears, & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
UMass/UConn go again at 4 & BC/UNH are scheduled for 7, but yesterday's BC game got postponed due to a UNH player having inconclusive COVID test results. Literally the one thing he needs to study for. There's a chance that they could can today as well depending on how the test results turn out.

UConn/Nick Capone still have that early season feel. Today should be better. Capone was on the PP. The idea that he's just some goon should be reexamined.

4pm UMass/UConn stream (Capone)
https://www.collegesportslive.com/video/NESN/mens-ice-hockey/mih-boston-college-at-unh-112120/
7pm BC/UNH stream (Powell) - postponedhttps://www.collegesportslive.com/video/NESN/mens-ice-hockey/mih-boston-college-at-unh-112120/

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

The roller coaster for Groshev continues as he is back up in the KHL after 1 game. For those keeping track of the past 2 weeks:

1. SKA trades for Groshev & extends his contract
2. Plays 6:18 in his first game with the team
3. Healthy scratched the next 2 games
4. Sent down to the VHL
5. Called back up and plays 14:03

I really have no idea what the plan is.

In UConn's first 2 games against #7 UMass, freshman Nick Capone has played on the huskies top line.

Miftakhov, who hasn't started a game in the KHL since Oct 30th, is back down in the VHL. He won today while making 26/27 saves.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
NJT: Post-Game with Tourigny & Salmond

Head coach Andre Tourigny's full quote on Goncalves:
"His intensity, the way he plays [sticks out]. He plays the game the right way. He's a hard nosed player, he's physical, he goes in the dirty areas, and he's really structured in his game. He's reliable on both sides of the puck. He does a lot of good things and he has a good skillset with that, so he's a really good player. I think he's a little bit of a late bloomer but we're not here to judge who he was at 17 years old. It's who he is now and he's doing a really good job right now. Every practice he was really focused and tuned in and he didn't arrive here just dipping his toes and going around wondering whether he fits here. He went and he dove right in and he belongs and he's doing really good."

Tourigny was Kucherov's head coach in the Q at Rouyn-Noranda. He also was the head coach of Halifax for 1 season when Somppi was there. He's been an assistant coach for Canada's U-20 team numerous times, but this will be his first as head coach for the WJC.

Kuch on Tourigny back in 2013:
29 goals and 63 points in 33 games last season - 26 goals, 57 points in 27 games after a November trade to Rouyn-Noranda from Quebec - were like a flare.

"His game took a huge step," Murray said. "He's committed to working hard on the ice and on his conditioning."

Credit Rouyn-Noranda coach Andre Tourigny, Kucherov said: "He talked with me a lot. He showed me how Tampa Bay played in the defensive zone, the forecheck and backcheck."

Kucherov also picked Tourigny's brain after games and practices. They studied video. Kucherov sent text messages to his coach whenever he had questions.

The result: a reworking of how Kucherov understands and plays the game, and how it applies to his ultimate goal.

"If you want to play in the NHL, you have to improve your game in the defensive zone," said Kucherov, who last season was a combined plus-17. "If you play in the defensive zone well, it's like you take a step up."

Last edited:
Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

In terms of Orlando, I'm not really concerned anymore about Syracuse signing guys for the ECHL level. To be real, TB sent some good players the first year of the affiliation (Bourke, Somppi), but last year was pretty weak. SJ has outperformed them both years still.

There are a bunch of ECHL teams that have withdrawn from 20-21, so that means that American NHL/AHL affiliates are holding the bag in some situations on extra contracts. I don't think the Canadian teams would send their guys over the border if there's a two-week quarantine to get them back.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
No game today. Two tested positive for COVID.

Same BTN schedule as yesterday. Sammy Walker at 8:30 vs Ohio State preceded by a 6pm game of PENN/WIS.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
No game today. Two tested positive for COVID.

Same BTN schedule as yesterday. Sammy Walker at 8:30 vs Ohio State preceded by a 6pm game of PENN/WIS.

Selection Camp Schedule

If they can’t squeeze this last scrimmage in some time this week if possible, the next big thing on the schedule is a game against the University of Alberta Golden Bears on Saturday. It’ll be on TSN with Ray Ferraro and Gord Miller calling the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felonious Python

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Selection Camp Schedule

If they can’t squeeze this last scrimmage in some time this week if possible, the next big thing on the schedule is a game against the University of Alberta Golden Bears on Saturday. It’ll be on TSN with Ray Ferraro and Gord Miller calling the game.
Golden Bears this weekend, Mount Royal Cougars next weekend (all 8pm ET starts)

There's a final weekend, which is unannounced. The U Calgary Dinos are invited. They're waiting on university approval.

Last edited:

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
HC Bolzano with 6-5 victory vs Bratislava Capitals. Maxim Cajkovic (2019 NHL Draft) with 2 pts (1+1). Cajkovic has 7 pts (2+5) in 8 games. That kid oozes talent and has epic wrist shot but sometimes is too hot-headed (dumb penalties) but there is a lot of potential. He should be Top player fo Slovakia at upcoming WJC.
Maxim Čajkovič who is playing for Bratislava Capitals in The ICE Hockey League with another assist. He is currently on 3 game point streak (1+3). He has 9 points (2+7) in just 10 games. Very good form before WJC camp.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Maxim Čajkovič who is playing for Bratislava Capitals in The ICE Hockey League with another assist. He is currently on 3 game point streak (1+3). He has 9 points (2+7) in just 10 games. Very good form before WJC camp.
I've seen a bunch of his teammates in the ECHL. Hults, Bubela, Guimond, Finn. Maybe Nemcik. I didn't see his teams that much. Most of that list played for Orlando.

Sacha Guimond was the best d-man in the ECHL as a rookie. Fell into a lull the next year.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
I've seen a bunch of his teammates in the ECHL. Hults, Bubela, Guimond, Finn. Maybe Nemcik. I didn't see his teams that much. Most of that list played for Orlando.

Sacha Guimond was the best d-man in the ECHL as a rookie. Fell into a lull the next year.
I am from Slovakia so I know some of these guys. Bubela and Nemcik are Slovaks and Guimond played here for a few games. Bubela was very solid player when he played for Slovakia at the WJC, I was hoping he would be much better in the future. At least KHL player. Anyway, Cajkovic is TOP 2-3 player on that team already and he is only 19. Hopefully AHL next season.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I am from Slovakia so I know some of these guys. Bubela and Nemcik are Slovaks and Guimond played here for a few games. Bubela was very solid player when he played for Slovakia at the WJC, I was hoping he would be much better in the future. At least KHL player. Anyway, Cajkovic is TOP 2-3 player on that team already and he is only 19. Hopefully AHL next season.

Matt Finn is the standard of the guys I'm familiar with. If he's making a bigger contribution than Matt Finn, he's an AHLer.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Magnus Chrona and Cole Koepke named to the preseason All NCHC Team

Cates (Stillwater, Minn.) and Koepke (Hermantown, Minn.) were both Second-Team All-Americans last season and both compiled 33 points in 34 games. Cates, a Philadelphia Flyers prospect, notched 14 goals and 19 assists overall, while Koepke, a Tampa Bay Lightning draft pick, potted 16 goals to go with 17 helpers. In conference play, Koepke led all NCHC skaters with 14 goals last year, while Cates was third in points with 27 in NCHC play. Kawaguchi and Cates will both serve as team captains in 2020-21, while Koepke will be an assistant captain to Cates for the Bulldogs.
In net, Chrona (Skelleftea, Sweden) was named to the NCHC All-Rookie Team last season after going 7-5-4 in NCHC play with a .920 save percentage and a 2.17 goals-against average, both of which ranked third in the conference. Overall last season, the Lightning draft pick led the NCHC with a .920 save percentage in all games while recording a 2.15 GAA and going 16-6-4 overall in goal, with a pair of shutouts.

Reactions: Major4Boarding
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->