Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears, & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
any plans to do a top prospects ranking? curious where you guys see goncalves,
and what it all looks like. big fan of goncalves, can't teach a big brain.
I wouldn't think we'd do one, but there's sort of a vacuum right now. RC and BP are both diminished.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
1. Barre-Boulet
2. Foote
3. Katchouk
4. Raddysh
5. Finley
6. Fortier
7. Semykin
8. Thompson
9. Cajkovic
10. Alnefelt

Next 5 in no order would be Walker, Guttman, Gonclaves, Colton and Crozier.

Reactions: neelynugs

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
any plans to do a top prospects ranking? curious where you guys see goncalves,
and what it all looks like. big fan of goncalves, can't teach a big brain.
I don't know if I could do an accurate ranking because you're judging the majority of the players on what they did 8 or more months ago and not what they've done now. A lot of these guys still haven't played a game in their respective leagues since, and who knows what the future holds for the rest of the 2020-21 season.

Goncalves especially is a hard player to rank. Just from his scouting reports and predraft rankings, there doesn't seem to be any consensus on him. As you know, he was passed over in his bantam draft year, and then went undrafted a year ago and really was a nobody before his breakout season. So who is the real Goncalves? Being able to play in the World Junior summer Showcase, having an actual season in the WHL, playing in the Canada-Russia series, etc, all that stuff would have all been super helpful on informing us. That said, @HoseEmDown has a pretty good list though in the post above mine. Is he a top 10 prospect for us? Hard to say, but if he were playing, we'd probably be able to figure that out.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Maxim Groshev was a standout player nobody seemed to talk about. He played two games on the first line and one game on the second line. He was involved heavily in finish, supported defence on zone exits effectively and often. He drove great on ice results both offensively and defensively and showcased some creative passing as well.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

The 2020-21 Big Ten Preseason Poll and Preseason All-Big Ten Hockey Teams were selected by conference coaches.
Hugo Alnefelt save

The 21-year-old was the only defenseman with no NHL experience on Tampa Bay's 33-player roster to begin Phase 3 of the NHL Return to Play Plan in July.

"It's good for us guys from the AHL to show coaches how far we've come," Foote said. "The biggest thing for me is improving my skating, quick feet, and that's come a long way. It's been a good year for me [in Syracuse] to get more physical, closing guys out. This was a huge challenge. There are bigger, stronger, faster guys up in the NHL."
"He's a really smart player," Lightning general manager Julien BriseBois said of Foote. "Physically, he's gotten a lot stronger."

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Wondering with that extension if Groshev is fulfilling his military obligation in there somewhere.

And, Go Hugo Go!. Can't wait for that kid to head on over here and cut his teeth in SYR.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
1. Barre-Boulet
2. Foote
3. Katchouk
4. Raddysh
5. Finley
6. Fortier
7. Semykin
8. Thompson
9. Cajkovic
10. Alnefelt

Next 5 in no order would be Walker, Guttman, Gonclaves, Colton and Crozier.

do you consider volkov graduated? if not, i would imagine he's pretty high on the list.
really like groshev, even before the karjala performance. think he's a slam dunk pro.
good stuff.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
do you consider volkov graduated? if not, i would imagine he's pretty high on the list.
really like groshev, even before the karjala performance. think he's a slam dunk pro.
good stuff.

He doesn't have the number of games to technically be graduated but he has his name on the Cup now so he is to me. I don't know enough about Groshev to really rate him cause I haven't seen him play. I also didn't want to rate him too high and be considered using recency bias. But saying that I have Thompson in my top 10 over Groshev and Gonclaves who were drafted ahead of him. The reason is we are much thinner at D so I see a better path to possible making it over the two wingers since that's our strongest position.

Reactions: neelynugs

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

21. Magnus Chrona, G, Denver: Mammoth Swedish netminder was a big-time stopper for the Pioneers as a freshman. Now the Tampa Bay Lightning pick is back for more.
40. Sammy Walker, C, Minnesota: Expect a lot of offense from Walker in his junior season with the Gophers. The Tampa Bay Lightning pick led Minnesota in scoring last year.
92. Max Crozier, D, Providence College: The solidly-built Tampa Bay Lightning pick put up some good numbers as a freshman for the Friars, finishing second in team 'D' scoring.

SKA wins big in Groshev's first game with his new club. He played 6:18 of ice time / 10 shifts. The starting lineup had him next to Vladimir Tkachev and 2018 Vegas 2nd rounder Ivan Morozov. Morozov and Groshev played together on the Russian U-20 team last year, but it doesn't appear they were ever line mates. It'll be interesting to see how things progress as SKA also has Vancouver's 10th overall pick from 2019 Vasily Podkolzin, and Minnesota's 37th overall pick from 2020 Marat Khusnutdinov. Both forwards were with Groshev last week at the Karjala Cup.

"It was an unbelievable day, especially to go to the the Stanley Cup winners and such an incredible franchise and I just heard the development team there is absolutely top notch. So yeah, I'm very excited."

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Some stats of our prospects that have been able to play so far this season

European leagues

gp gaptsteam/league
Maxim Groshev180 2 2 SKA St. Petersburg / KHL
Alexei Lipanov7112Dynamo Krasnogorsk / VHL
Mikhail Shalagin8303Gornyak Uchaly / VHL
Maxim Cajkovic5145Bratislava Capitals / ICEHL
Otto Somppi 2000Lahti Pelicans / Liiga
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

gprecord gaasv%soteam/league
Hugo Alnefelt73-4-0 3.31.8960HV71 / SHL
Amir Miftakhov 74-2-0 2.25.9171Ak Bars Kazan / KHL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

North American leagues

gpgapts team/league
Gabriel Fortier13628 Moncton Wildcats / QMJHL
Jack Finley3112West Kelowna Warriors / BCHL
Jaydon Dureau4437Melville Millionaires / SJHL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Felonious Python

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Maxim Cajkovic5145Bratislava Capitals / ICEHL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Excellent.gif

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Groshev gets scratched for the 2nd straight game after playing a season low 6 minutes in his debut for SKA. Not sure what's going on there after they traded for him and extended his contract.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Groshev was sent down to the VHL.

This is his first time in the VHL as he went straight from the MHL to the KHL last season. He's played 54 games so far in the KHL as a 17/18 year old.

Tuesday was the first day of practice for Goncalves at Canada's Selection camp. Canada was suppose to have 2 groups of players practice all week before having their first red-white scrimmage on Saturday. 14 players were not on the ice today due to travel issues, delayed covid test results, or players from the Q having to quarantine. I'm not sure how this will effect the schedule of their camp.

Last edited:

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
HC Bolzano with 6-5 victory vs Bratislava Capitals. Maxim Cajkovic (2019 NHL Draft) with 2 pts (1+1). Cajkovic has 7 pts (2+5) in 8 games. That kid oozes talent and has epic wrist shot but sometimes is too hot-headed (dumb penalties) but there is a lot of potential. He should be Top player fo Slovakia at upcoming WJC.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Sammy Walker will play his first game of the season at 8:30 on BTN

Walker will play again (on BTN/foxsportsgo) at 4 pm.

Eamon Powell and Boston College play at 7 on NESN (free link)

Nick Capone and UCONN also play at 6 on SportsLive (free link)

Hockey East games are available to stream for free through a deal with ViacomCBS.
Hockey East Announces 2020-21 Streaming Details With ViacomCBS Digital - Hockey East Association

For completeness, Fox Sports Florida/foxsportsgo will carry Michigan/Wisconsin at 7http://hockeyeastonline.com/article...-streaming-details-with-viacomcbs-digital.php

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Groshev receives his invite for Russia’s training camp

The team will gather at the Novogorsk training center on November 29, where, after observing all quarantine measures, it will begin training. The collection program includes classes on ice and in the gym.

On December 13, the Russian U20 national team will travel to Edmonton, where, after undergoing quarantine and retesting, they will conduct the final stage of preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->