Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears, & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Rookie Tournament will be Carolina, Tampa, Nashville, and Florida. Same 4 teams are doing their preseason games together.

Olivier Adam is invited by the @FlaPanthers . The Drummondville goaltender will participate in the development camp, then the rookies tournament against Nashvillle, Caroline and Tampa Bay in September. @ArmadaBLB @CantonniersAAA #LHJMQ

Still no news yet on our 3 tournament invites.

Saint John Sea Dogs have announced Brady Burns and Charlie DesRoches will camp with Edmonton and Buffalo. No word yet on All QMJHL Rookie team member Peter Reynolds who went undrafted this week.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

something to note are the Florida unqualified players.

TB and FLA both sent guys to Syracuse last season, so the Crunch would have an added level of familiarity with them.

I'm looking more at AHL/ECHL deals for them. Bajkov, Bednard, and Massie were all standouts for the Swamp Rabbits.

I don't really want Syracuse giving out two-year deals anymore. Doesn't seem worth it.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Rookie Tournament will be Carolina, Tampa, Nashville, and Florida. Same 4 teams are doing their preseason games together.

Still no news yet on our 3 tournament invites.

Saint John Sea Dogs have announced Brady Burns and Charlie DesRoches will camp with Edmonton and Buffalo. No word yet on All QMJHL Rookie team member Peter Reynolds who went undrafted this week.

Reynolds is going to Jackets camp

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Also, a few questions for the prospect guys.
Do we expect Goncalves to play for the Crunch this year? And I read somewhere that Schmeimann wasn’t our property anymore, is that correct?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Also, a few questions for the prospect guys.
Do we expect Goncalves to play for the Crunch this year? And I read somewhere that Schmeimann wasn’t our property anymore, is that correct?
Yep on both. Goncalves should be in Syracuse this season and Schmiemann was never signed. Schmiemann went back into the draft but was not picked up again.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What are we doing with goalies? There's 6 under contract.

Vasi and Elliott are our NHL guys.

Lagace and Martin are our older AHLers
Alnefelt and Miftakhov are our ELCs.

I'd think that Martin gets traded/loaned.

I haven't seen anything about taxi squads though, so maybe he goes there.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Ok. Hear me out. Loan Martin's contract, but have them loan Orlando guys.

Like guys in the last year of an ELC that isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Hey guys!

Thought I'd ask here instead of the Florida board since he played in Syracuse last season: any opinions on Brady Keeper? Any room for development there or is an AHL lifer?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Jack Thompson is at Canada's national junior team summer camp. He's skating with lefty dman Donovan Sebrango, who plays for Kitchener. Could be Roman Schmidt's future d partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad