Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears, & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Everett finishes their shortened WHL schedule.

Goncalves totaled 12 goals + 22 assists = 34 points in 23 games. This is a higher points per game (1.47) than he had last season when he scored 33 goals, 71 points (1.18).

For the moment, this puts him tied for 3rd in WHL scoring behind Ben McCartney and Peyton Krebs.

Schmiemann with Kamloops, and Dureau with Portland both have 2 games remaining on their schedule.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Everett finishes their shortened WHL schedule.

Goncalves totaled 12 goals + 22 assists = 34 points in 23 games. This is a higher points per game (1.47) than he had last season when he scored 33 goals, 71 points (1.18).

For the moment, this puts him tied for 3rd in WHL scoring behind Ben McCartney and Peyton Krebs.

Schmiemann with Kamloops, and Dureau with Portland both have 2 games remaining on their schedule.

I use point projection to try to level out players with different amounts of games played.

'19-20 (60 games)
33 goals, 71 points

'20-21 (adjusted for 60 games)
31.3 goals, 88.6 pts

The WHL season is longer than 60 games, but I think that would feel too abstract.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Looks like Goncalves is on his way to Syracuse.

Crunch have 1 game left on Saturday. I didn't see Katchouk in the lineup tonight, so there's a chance he's on his way to Tampa to be one of the black aces.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Looks like Goncalves is on his way to Syracuse.

Crunch have 1 game left on Saturday. I didn't see Katchouk in the lineup tonight, so there's a chance he's on his way to Tampa to be one of the black aces.

OSB has 12 regular season games left after Saturday.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
He may be one of the "black aces", but he's not actually replacing anyone in the top 9 until likely 2md half of next year at the earliest. Tampa nearly always sends guys through some time with the Crunch before they have a chance with the big club. Goncalves looks promising, but he'll be no different than the rest of the younger guys in getting to skip Syracuse.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm not at all expecting OSB to have Syracuse's roster (nor do I want that), but maybe a player or two who maybe had a shorter season to aid Orlando's playoff chances, given the unique circumstances of this season.

Everyone's like, ECHL is a development league, but maybe they should shoot tennis balls against a garage door for two months instead.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
That'll do it for Dureau. 10 goals, 31 points in 24 games. Tied for 11th in WHL scoring this season.

Dureau turned 20 back in January. If the Bolts want to sign him and have him in the system for next season, they can.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Kamloops and Quinn Schmiemann finish their season.

Schmiemann had 17 points in 22 games. A 2019 draft pick, he's another guy who could be up for a contract this offseason

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch end their season on a high note with a 5-3 win

Jack Thompson played his first game and he and Dureau both picked up their first AHL points.

Goncalves was also in the lineup and Alnefelt was the back up.

Reactions: Stormbreaker

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Groulx, 53, recently signed a three-year extension with the Lightning to coach in Syracuse. While the NHL remains his pursuit, the Crunch and the Syracuse community are his current passions.

“At one point in your career you want to find a place that you really like, people, environment, city and all that. And I think I’ve been pretty fortunate here to get all that,” Groulx said. “There’s a lot of good coaches in this league, a lot of good players. So you’re challenged every day in your job. I’m fortunate to work with very good coaches, a great staff. A great development staff. I think we all work well together. So for me it was natural to re-sign with the Lightning."
“There’s always some talks. It’s about opportunities, it’s about who’s going to get the next job, if you’re in line for a job, if you got an interview for a job,” he said. “And in the past I’ve had interviews, I’ve had talks with other coaches about going as an assistant coach. I’ve had an interview for a head coaching job and it did not materialize. But I think those interviews make you grow, make you understand better what they look for. I think it’s more letting people know that’s your goal and if there’s a fit possible, I will look into it for sure.”

google translated:
- I will be here until the end of May now and train and start the pre-season. We will be on ice as well and these days I met the team for the first time. They are playing their last match this weekend and then some of the players will stay here and drive just like me. It feels good to come over and get a little control and feel for a little before the next season, says Alnefelt.

- Then I go home over the summer before the camp in Tampa and the rookie tournament and all that.
- I see it as a fun and new challenge. It will be fun to try something new. Now I was in HV71 for four years and it will be an environmental change and game change that I look forward to with a little rink and all that.
Just over two weeks ago, he signed his first NHL contract - an intermediate goal on the way to the big dream. How was that day?

- It was damn powerful actually. You think back a few years when you dreamed of working as a hockey player and it was cool to be drafted first. And to be able to sign that contract was a dream and a receipt that you did the right things. Now it's just to continue like that and work hard every day.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Forward Gage Goncalves (Everett Silvertips):
Recording 34 points (12G-22A) in 23 games, the 20-year-old Goncalves finished with a share of the Silvertips scoring lead and in a third-place tie in the WHL scoring race. The 6-foot-1, 184-pound product of Mission, B.C. enjoyed a pair of four-point games, one of which included a hat-trick on March 28, 2021. Goncalves, a prospect of the Tampa Bay Lightning, has compiled 120 points (46G-74A) in 151 WHL regular season games.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Cajkovic has 3 goals and 5 points in the first 3 games of the QMJHL President Cup Finals

Game 4 is on Tuesday.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Shawn Element, who plays for Victoriaville has 1 goal and 1 assist so far in the Finals

Element signed an AHL deal with us a few weeks ago

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd sign Schmeimann if I was BriseBois. I don't know if he has NHL potential but we are thin at LD in Syracuse and the pipeline. We have Semykin signed for the next two seasons but he prefers to play the right side and they used him a little at forward last season. Masin is still not signed so may stay in Europe, Day is a RFA who probably gets qualified but has massive holes in his defensive game. Besides those we have nothing, we are much deeper in the pipeline on the right. I think he could be a 3rd pair/ECHL guy next season then play himself into a Syracuse regular the following seasons.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'd sign Schmeimann if I was BriseBois. I don't know if he has NHL potential but we are thin at LD in Syracuse and the pipeline. We have Semykin signed for the next two seasons but he prefers to play the right side and they used him a little at forward last season. Masin is still not signed so may stay in Europe, Day is a RFA who probably gets qualified but has massive holes in his defensive game. Besides those we have nothing, we are much deeper in the pipeline on the right. I think he could be a 3rd pair/ECHL guy next season then play himself into a Syracuse regular the following seasons.
sounds like an AHL deal.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

google translated:
"I've always thought of myself as a physical third-line player who just hits. When I got to Bathurst, I realized I could bring more to a team. I had a lot of video chats with my agent [Dominic De Blois] to learn and work on holding the puck longer."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad