Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears, & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Would love to see Alnefelt come over as well and run Alnefelt, Miftakov, Martin as the 3 Crunch goalies

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch Rally Past Amerks, 7-6 - Syracuse Crunch
After going down by three, the Syracuse Crunch rallied back and scored six straight goals on their way to a 7-6 win over the Rochester Americans tonight at the Blue Cross Arena.

The line of Boris Katchouk, Otto Somppi and Taylor Raddysh combined for nine points (4g, 5a)
Boris Katchouk is on a 12-game points streak (9g, 12a)…Taylor Raddysh is on a 10-game points streak (7g, 10a)…Otto Somppi has three consecutive two-goal games and nine total points (6g, 3a) in that span
The Crunch scored four goals in 1:54 tonight.

Katchouk tied for 8th in AHL scoring

Somppi and Raddysh tied for 17th in AHL scoring

Morand now has 4 goals, 6 points in 9 games with Syracuse. He had 1 goal, 6 points in 21 games with San Deigo.

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So I was thinking about some possibilities for next season. Katchouk and Raddysh have been together practically their entire time in Syracuse so I would keep them together in Tampa next season. You can maybe get another early Palat and Johnson connection, a Point and Kucherov or Killorn and Cirelli. They both have a bit of experience playing with Colton and Stephens so you can have them on the 3rd or 4th line. I would think the 3rd with Colton because Maroon is still around another season and Joseph while deserving a bigger role is fine playing the 4th line. You move Gourde to the top 6 to replace Palat, Killorn or Johnson. I would like to bring back Goodrow but unless we move two of those three forwards I can't see how. Sommpi should pass through waivers so he can continue as the 1C in Syracuse, just need to find some new wingers for him, maybe Gonclaves can come in and play top line.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Back to back wins for the Crunch this weekend where they chase both starting goalies.

Katchouk who was in the AHL top 10 in scoring entering the weekend is now in the top 5.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Nothing surprising, but Alnefelt is indeed leaving HV71.

Google Translate

This could end up being a good move for him. Another year in Sweden on a better team could do a lot for his development before his eventual stint in Syracuse. I don't really see anyone else who says "Vasy's future backup" more than him so I hope the next 2 years or so can be really good for him

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm in favor of business as usual by then. We are already at "Vaccinated individuals don't have to wear a mask outside" territory per CDC/President Biden as of today. Also stats show we've vaccinated at least another 33 million people (10% of US population) in about the last 3 weeks and are at 43% of the population having had at least 1 shot.

Give it 6 more months like this and I don't see why not. Most will be fully immune by then and those who aren't will have had their time to make that choice and I don't see how leagues would carry any health liability.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

AHL announces award winners for April
The American Hockey League announced today that Syracuse Crunch forward Boris Katchouk, Manitoba Moose forward Cole Perfetti and Bakersfield Condors goaltender Stuart Skinner have been selected as the league’s award winners for April.

Katchouk, the CCM/AHL Player of the Month, totaled seven goals and 14 assists for 21 points in 12 games for Syracuse last month.

Katchouk found the scoresheet in each of the Crunch’s first 11 contests of the month, including eight multiple-point efforts.
Katchouk has registered 11 goals and 18 assists for 29 points in 26 games for Syracuse this season, tied for eighth in the AHL in scoring. He is also tied for fourth in plus/minus rating (+18), and his 14-game scoring streak from Mar. 19 to Apr. 25 (10-14-24) matched the longest in the league this season.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Goncalves with the game tying goal and the shootout winner

Hattrick & 1 assist for Raddysh, 3 assists for Katchouk, 1 goal + 1 assist for Somppi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad