Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears, & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
St Cloud down 1-0 early due to 2 players colliding and giving UMass an easy 2 on 0 goal

Perbix trying to put the team on his back and takes the puck hard to the net

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
2-0 UMass after 20.

UMass is 17-0-1 when scoring the first goal.

Perbix trying hard to get St Cloud on the board

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
No championship for Perbix. Now we wait to see if it's also his last college game too

3 points for Stephens, and 2 points for Katchouk, Raddysh, and Morand in a big Crunch win.

Morand has 2 goals, 3 points in 4 games with the Crunch. He had only 6 points in 21 games with San Diego before the trade.

We traded some draft picks today, but don't forget about the Bolts adding Morand and Tufto. Hopefully the 2 have a bright future here and we can do our best developing them.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Schmiemann now with 2 goals & 6 points in 6 games

2 goals & 2 assists for Goncalves this weekend

Goncalves up to 8 goals & 15 points in 11 games

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Jaydon Dureau up to 3 goals & 10 points in 11 games

Odeen Tufto’s favorite hockey player was Martin St. Louis, who rode a 5-foot-8 frame to a Hall of Fame career mostly with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
“We felt Tampa does a really good job of developing players, especially here in Syracuse,” Tufto told reporters Friday in a Crunch media availability. “They have a true gift for helping out small guys. For me, that was what attracted me to Quinnipiac.”
Once the Bobcats were eliminated on March 27 to end his collegiate career, he spoke to several organizations but chose the Lightning. He has an NHL contract for next year and will play the rest of the year for the Crunch on an AHL tryout.

The Lightning pitch, Tufto said, came on a Zoom call with team officials that included Jeff Tambellini, the former Bridgeport Sound Tigers standout who’s now the Lightning’s NCAA recruiter, and Jared Waimon, the team’s goaltending scout and a former Quinnipiac goaltending coach.

“When I talked to Julien (BriseBois, general manager) and the other staff on the Zoom call, I felt they really wanted me and wanted to give me an opportunity,” Tufto said. “They felt one day I could play for the Tampa Bay Lightning. That excited me. For me in hockey it’s all been about opportunity.”

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Clint Windsor with another goalie of the week.

What's concerning though is Jerry D'Amigo just got placed on the exempt list, which is for guys who may have COVID. He's a good player (although was a slow start to the season), but the team doesn't need an outbreak. They're spending a lot of time on the road this month, so they may not have gotten shots yet.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

When Syracuse, the Tampa Bay Lightning’s affiliate in the American Hockey League, called the 19-year-old Courtice, Ont. native recently, he was more than eager for another chance to hit the ice.

“I’m really excited for the opportunity to go, to meet the people in the organization and to get to know the people I am going to be around, hopefully, for the next little while,” said Thompson, Tampa’s third-round pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft. “Being in Ontario right now, obviously I can’t skate, so getting to go there and to continue to develop with their skating coaches and their skills coaches, that’s something that will be good for me and good for my development over the next couple of years.

“I want them to see that I’m going to be the hardest-working guy in practice and in the gym, never taking a day off or a rep off.”
“The success I had in Sweden was really good and I feel like I’m pretty confident in my game,” he said. “Playing against men over there is going to be a big boost for me, too.”
Junior-age players are normally ineligible to play in the AHL, but an exception was made this year as several leagues delayed their seasons due to COVID-19.

The OHL’s 2020-21 campaign remains indefinitely on hold amid a rise in cases and a stay-at-home order in Ontario, but the league has said it would provide an update in the coming days.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch win and Raddysh and Katchouk keep scoring

Katchouk has 20 pts in 19 games
Raddysh has 16 in 16.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Otto Sommpi is up to 16 points in 20 games. I don't think he's the next Colton or anything like that but he's playing himself into a new contract. If he keeps this kinda play up through this season and next he could be a very good 4C option. This is his first season where he seems to be healthy and he's also getting top 6 minutes for once. What I kinda like about Groulx is that he makes the kids spend a lot of time in the bottom 6 working on their defensive game. So they may not put up good numbers they are responsible enough to become a serviceable bottom 6er. Sommpi had good numbers in Finland and his last year of junior but some seasons with poor numbers as well. For him though I think it's more health related, he has been oftinjured his career. If he can stay healthy with his defensive game, solid frame and some offensive upside he could play in the NHL.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Otto Sommpi is up to 16 points in 20 games. I don't think he's the next Colton or anything like that but he's playing himself into a new contract. If he keeps this kinda play up through this season and next he could be a very good 4C option. This is his first season where he seems to be healthy and he's also getting top 6 minutes for once. What I kinda like about Groulx is that he makes the kids spend a lot of time in the bottom 6 working on their defensive game. So they may not put up good numbers they are responsible enough to become a serviceable bottom 6er. Sommpi had good numbers in Finland and his last year of junior but some seasons with poor numbers as well. For him though I think it's more health related, he has been oftinjured his career. If he can stay healthy with his defensive game, solid frame and some offensive upside he could play in the NHL.
Somppi is 23, and Seattle is coming into the league. He's maybe a guy who would benefit from expansion, one way or another.

I'd point out that his defensive game was probably his standout feature when he was with Orlando.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch's top line of Katchouk - Somppi - Raddysh lead the way to another win.

Somppi - 2 goals
Raddysh - 2 assists
Katchouk - 3 assists

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It was mentioned in the GDT, but here’s the link to St Cloud's head coach Brett Larson talking about Perbix's future. Interview starts at 11:30 in and the question about who's coming back is asked at 13:00. Larson states: "Looks like Nick Perbix is coming back." He sounds pretty confident about that too. Perbix's D partner Seamus Donohue will also return for a 5th year. Huskies are also bringing in Minnesota's 2021 Mr Hockey - Jack Peart to their blueline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad