Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears, & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Something I see from reading on Nick Pastujov is that he grew up a Lightning fan, but he gets how winning translates into interest in the sport. I'd figure that would give him some internal motivation to compete no matter where he's assigned because he can see the bigger picture.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Can't bring up ABB without Colton

So far in 3 games with Syracuse:

ABB: 3 goals + 1 assist
Colton: 1 goal + 2 assists

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
According to CapFriendly, ABB and Ross Colton both promoted to taxi squad.
Spencer Martin is also listed with them as off the taxi squad, and in the minor leagues.

He's on the Crunch's website roster, but not listed on AHL transactions (and still with TB on Elite Prospects).

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
According to AHL transactions:

Spencer Martin assigned to Syracuse, Nikita Pavlychev recalled to Syracuse, and Clint Windsor loaned to Orlando.

Pavs has missed quite a bit of time due to COVID (and all of Crunch camp), but scored a goal in the last game.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
18 year old, 7th round pick Declan McDonnell will make his pro debut tonight over fellow 2020 draft picks Goncalves, Dureau, and Finley.

just a reminder too that McDonnell at pick #217 was the last pick in the 2020 draft

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
18 year old, 7th round pick Declan McDonnell will make his pro debut tonight over fellow 2020 draft picks Goncalves, Dureau, and Finley.

just a reminder too that McDonnell at pick #217 was the last pick in the 2020 draft

I would assume this is because the WHL is going to start soon and those 3 you listed will be headed there. It's most likely why they haven't played yet since they weren't going to be here very long. The OHL hasn't made a decision on return to play do there's more of a chance McDonnell will be with the Crunch for the rest of the season. So it's better to see what you have in a guy who might be there all season over some that would be for just one month.

Reactions: Everblades13

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
First AHL goal for Jimmy Huntington, first pro goal for Dmitry Semykin, and first pro point for Declan McDonnell

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It’s like a family photo of 2 brothers that have been fighting all day but Mom is making them pose next to each other for a picture for Grandma.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
New career high for Walker as he nets his 12th goal in the 24th game of the season. He scored 11 last year in 37 games.

Stats so far: 12g + 11a = 23pts in 24 games

Reactions: Major4Boarding

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch lose again but Goncalves and Dureau make their pro debuts. Goncalves also picks up his first point

After quarantining, Cajkovic played his first QMJHL game since last year, and first with Val-d'Or. He played on a line with NHL 1st rounders Jakob Pelletier and Samuel Poulin and finished with an assist in their 4-3 OT win. Val-d'Or is tied with Charlottetown in points for the top spot in the Q.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
2 PP goals for Guttman and a 29 save shutout for Chrona

53/54 saves for Magnus Chrona in his 2 wins over the weekend against Colorado College

Denver Wins Gold Pan with 4-0 Shutout - University of Denver Athletics
"Magnus was really good again for us. He kept us in the hockey game and in many moments he made lots of good saves. Pucks stuck to him and he had to make secondary saves point blank as well. It was his best performance in back-to-back games. It was really nice to see him elevate himself and help the team when we needed him." – Head Coach David Carle

“It has been a lot of fun here, and it has been a good experience,” said Thompson, who had never travelled to Europe prior to signing with Surahammars. “It’s really nice to be playing hockey again.

“The ice is bigger and you’re playing against men, so it’s a different kind of hard. In the OHL, there’s a lot of skill and you don’t have a lot of time, because the ice is smaller. When you come over here, that’s a big thing, because you have a little more time with the puck, but the guys are also bigger and stronger. It’s a different style of hockey, so it takes a little bit to get used to.”

Thompson’s success in that setting has only made the Tampa Bay Lightning prospect more confident in his abilities, and more eager to show off his new skill set once the OHL finally returns to action.

“I had a long off-season with COVID, so I had a lot of time to work out and I got stronger,” Thompson said. “I feel like I’m in the best shape of my life, so that has been huge, and being drafted gives you a bit of a boost, too. I’m having fun and playing hockey and I love to do it, so that’s why I’m here.”

Reactions: Major4Boarding
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->