Synergy SL and ST..difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
ST is supposedly more durable (at least according to Easton), whereas the SL is a little lighter (420 grams vs 450 grams).

Depends on what kind of game you play. If you're more of a grinder type and your stick takes a lot of damage, the ST might suit you better. If you play in a more wide open league that isn't super chippy, then the SL is probably the way to go.

The blade construction is different for the two sticks, but normal Joes like us probably couldn't tell the difference.

JonathanK

McOptimistic
Aug 1, 2005
Edmonton, AB
The first post was completely wrong. I went to the EASTON site and it said that SL stands for Super Light and ST stands for Super Tough.

hfsb

Aug 2, 2005
Montreal
The St (Super Tough) is (all things being equal) a stronger stick .

Thing is, when it comes to composite sticks, durability is difficult to anticipate.

They are built to perform, not last forever.

Composite sticks don't gradually break down the way wood sticks do. When a fracture developes, a single shot could cause catatrophic failure, or it could last months. Just depends on where the damage occurs. Just watch out for the splinters, they are nasty.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Brodeur said:
ST is supposedly more durable (at least according to Easton), whereas the SL is a little lighter (420 grams vs 450 grams).

Depends on what kind of game you play. If you're more of a grinder type and your stick takes a lot of damage, the ST might suit you better. If you play in a more wide open league that isn't super chippy, then the SL is probably the way to go.

I agree. I like the ST much better.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
sevenSteen said:
I agree. I like the ST much better.
yo, haven;t got the payment for Kovalchuk jersey yet, wondering when you sent it?

Your PM box is full.

hockeystud938

Feb 21, 2005
The ST is just the same as the old synergy the only difference is the graphics and the price if u really want the ST but the older model u will save some money

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
MELOCHE09 said:
Isn't the blade on the SL blue and the ST red :p:

The ST doesn't get the extra paint job on the blade. SL Blue = Non Grip, SL Red = Grip. Same with the Stealths. Although I've heard numerous people say that the paint chips off like crazy.

If anything, the ST is this year's version of the Havoc, which didn't seem like a very popular stick.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
Brodeur said:
If anything, the ST is this year's version of the Havoc, which didn't seem like a very popular stick.

"The One" is this year's version of the Havoc.

The ST is just like the old Synergy but with 3 I-beams in the blade instead of 1 to try to increase durability.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
"The One" seems to be the Easton price point (under $100) one piece, to compete with Bauer's V/VI, Mission Z-1, CCM V-80, etc etc. "The One" weighs in at 535 grams if I'm not mistaken.

The Havoc was pretty expensive. HockeyMonkey still lists it at $130: http://store1.yimg.com/I/hockeymonkey_1854_52997881

The Havoc had the arbitrary Easton rating of 10 for durability, whereas the Synergy had a 9. The Havoc weighed in at 480 grams I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->