GDT: Switzerland - Slovakia

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Amazed. I thought that when the 5 on 3 started and with so much left on the major too, we‘d surely lose. Our box play was stellar. This is a hard earned victory, but deserved.

Reactions: Shawn Heins 44

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Slovakia has a couple of interesting prospects but overall this team has no structure or depth. Guys like Lantosi has been exposed being just a useless plug.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
That is nice ! Swiss won, slovaks lost. Now we must hope they miss quarters !

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
boxplay was fantastic and on 5vs5 the swiss were much better. they just had a lot of stupid penalties, yep
The boxplay looked fantastic only because the Slovaks were pathetic. Swiss burried all their chances, 2 of which were totally gifted, most other shots were low probability scoring shots. Slovaks weren't capable burrying even empty net shots. Slovaks could have stolen this game if they weren't pathetically impotent.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Slovakia has a couple of interesting prospects but overall this team has no structure or depth. Guys like Lantosi has been exposed being just a useless plug.
And people were talking sh*t when he didnt make the Olympics team. Guy is like Bartovič, Studenic or Holesinsky. Great skater, zero finishing.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
The boxplay looked fantastic only because the Slovaks were pathetic. Swiss burried all their chances, 2 of which were totally gifted, most other shots were low probability scoring shots. Slovaks weren't capable burrying even empty net shots. Slovaks could have stolen this game if they weren't pathetically impotent.
switzerland has twice the number of shot you had while you've been of powerplay most of the time, don't think it is not deserves.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
switzerland has twice the number of shot you had while you've been of powerplay most of the time, don't think it is not deserves.
Did I say Swiss did not deserve it? They absolutely did, that still does not change my opinion that they were bad today and mostly lucky that they played against a pathetic Slovak powerplay.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
You had 16 shots in the whole game while having 16:44 of PP (Switzerland almost played an entire period worth of PK), including TWO 5 on 3 and a 5 minutes major. And if Switzerland „buried all their chances“, the game would have been already over after the first period. Come on.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
You had 16 shots in the whole game while having 16:44 of PP (Switzerland almost played an entire period worth of PK), including TWO 5 on 3 and a 5 minutes major. And if Switzerland „buried all their chances“, the game would have been already over after the first period. Come on.
My claim is that of those 44 shots, you buried most of your significant shots, while the rest were insignificant.
Slovaks weren't throwing as many insignificant shots on the net, and they probably should have, as here and there a shot can get deflected. Slovaks were looking for that empty net pass, and they even did not burry 2-3 of those (Tatar), they were just pathetic and if they would bury at least those empty neters, they could have stolen this game, and probably unfairly. So again, I'm in no way saying Swiss did not deserve a win, they absolutely did, but to me it was not an impressive win after an impressive performance, the performance was meh and it allowed Swiss to win only because Slovaks were pathetic on the powerplay, and even that win came just barely after Tatar's empty net misses.
In Slovak, we would say the Swiss have suffered a victory.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
My claim is that of those 44 shots, you buried most of your significant shots, while the rest were insignificant.
Slovaks weren't throwing as many insignificant shots on the net, and they probably should have, as here and there a shot can get deflected. Slovaks were looking for that empty net pass, and they even did not burry 2-3 of those (Tatar), they were just pathetic and if they would bury at least those empty neters, they could have stolen this game, and probably unfairly. So again, I'm in no way saying Swiss did not deserve a win, they absolutely did, but to me it was not an impressive win after an impressive performance, the performance was meh and it allowed Swiss to win only because Slovaks were pathetic on the powerplay, and even that win came just barely after Tatar's empty net misses.
In Slovak, we would say the Swiss have suffered a victory.
Maybe I saw a different game, but in my opinion Switzerland had a significant amount of grade A scoring chances and probably buried about 40-50% of them.

And when you point out how mistakes originated goals for Switzerland, that‘s simply hockey. As a matter of fact your three goals wouldn‘t exist if one takes that route of scoffing at goals where someone made an individual mistake: the first goal Siegenthaler goes for a poke check against a player who‘s coming at a much greater speed instead of taking the body: HUGE mistake… On the second goal, Kukan instead of simply passing the puck to his teammate on his left who was completely free behind our net (easiest decision to take), somehow decides to hold on to the puck against the board and obviously ends up fumbling it and it ends up on Slafkovfky‘s stick: HUGE brain fart… The third goal is an own goal on a shot that was 1 meter out of the net, that says it all.

Bottomline, Switzerland should have closed the game in period 1, when they played much, much better than Slovakia, and instead of ending the period 3 or 4 to 0, they came out of it at 1-1. THEY complicated THEIR OWN life.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Maybe I saw a different game, but in my opinion Switzerland had a significant amount of grade A scoring chances and probably buried about 40-50% of them.

And when you point out how mistakes originated goals for Switzerland, that‘s simply hockey. As a matter of fact your three goals wouldn‘t exist if one takes that route of scoffing at goals where someone made an individual mistake: the first goal Siegenthaler goes for a poke check against a player who‘s coming at a much greater speed instead of taking the body: HUGE mistake… On the second goal, Kukan instead of simply passing the puck to his teammate on his left who was completely free behind our net (easiest decision to take), somehow decides to hold on to the puck against the board and obviously ends up fumbling it and it ends up on Slafkovfky‘s stick: HUGE brain fart… The third goal is an own goal, that says it all.

Bottomline, Switzerland should have closed the game in period 1, when they played much, much better than Slovakia, and instead of ending the period 3 or 4 to 0, they came out of it at 1-1. THEY complicated THEIR OWN life.
I absolutely agree, we are incredibly lucky it ended only 5:3 and somehow we even had a solid chance to win this at the end. I mean, we had 8 shots on goal after two periods. This was definitely one of the worst performances of our national team I can remember in the last couple of years.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad