GDT: Switzerland - Finland, 2-15-06, 15:35 CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Aebischer made about 5 superb saves in the 3rd period, clearly much better than Gerber in this game.

Excellent performance from Aebi.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Raimo Sillanpää said:
That one period? Solid, few excellent saves. But didn't have the sort of pressure to deal with that Gerber had as Finland appeared to play more submissively.
Yeah, Aebischer robbed Finland a couple times. Didn't allow any rebounds either

bling

Jun 23, 2004
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
For anyone who did get to see the entire game, can you tell us how Aebischer played, while he was in there?

I assume he must have played okay because the Finns did not score again, but of course we were not allowed to see for ourselves....

gamera

Jan 3, 2006
Kovalchuk Army HQ
bling said:
I assume he must have played okay because the Finns did not score again, but of course we were not allowed to see for ourselves....

yeah, it was kinda strange to just switch games. they coulda at least had a score update in the ticker...i didn't see anything like that, though.

i understand the blowout vs. more interesting game thing, though

sure changed when gerber came out though, eh? not nearly the blowout it might have been

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
bling said:

Finns did not bother to really run up the score in the last period, but Aebi made some very good saves.

The czechs usually run up the score when they can, finland does not bother. I wish they bothered though, it can mean something in the standings. We still dont do very well on the "small details".

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
For anyone who did get to see the entire game, can you tell us how Aebischer played, while he was in there?

He absolutely stoned O. Jokinen on a point-blank shot. Also a very nice save on Timonen on the pp. Didn't face too many shots, but looked very sharp on the one's he did.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
psycho_dad said:
They are not morons. They are gently forcing people to the digi TV age. Their message is clear, you should have gotten a digibox by now, or you should run to the store and get one.
You're not a student i assume?

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
blacklabel said:
You're not a student i assume?

correct assumption. And yeah it's harder for students, but still, everyone HAS to move to the digitv age because the broadcasts will change soon.

And the quality is naturally much better. Especially my plasma tv looks **** without digibox. The old sony crt tv also looks better with digi, but both are manageable. Just dont test the difference....once you see it, you cant live without, but if you dont see it you are just fine.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Norrena will be in goal tomorrow against Italy. No big suprise there. Today I was very impressed with:

-Antero Niittymäki: Looked great except for that one shot that he fumbled under his shoulder and nearly went in the net.

-The first-line: Especially Selänne with his clinical finishing.

-The two Jokinen's: Olli scored twice and Jussi showed he has really developed in Dallas. JJ should shoot more though..

-4th-line: Mikko Koivu is exceptional as an 4th-line center and Ruutu +Nemo give 100% every shift.

Slight dissapointments:

-Teppo Numminen: Looked a bit out of it at times. Maybe he was just tired.

-3rd-line: Didn't really find their chemistry yet. Size might me a problem later in the tournament.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
TK79 said:
I probably should go out and buy one, but i'm too cheap.. Then I go out and blow a ton money on other stuff I don't need. Go figure :dunno:

That's it, i'm buying a digibox tomorrow. With two excellent hockey games going on, the analog Yle channel first showed curling and now has moved on to the facinating sport of bobsled :madfire: :banghead: Yle is sending a pretty clear message; buy a digibox or suffer..

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
TK79 said:
Slight dissapointments:

-Teppo Numminen: Looked a bit out of it at times. Maybe he was just tired.

-3rd-line: Didn't really find their chemistry yet. Size might me a problem later in the tournament.

Teppo did score nice goal.
Third line was a bit off at times but i think they'll improve.

so, i agree with you on that last one.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
psycho_dad said:
correct assumption. And yeah it's harder for students, but still, everyone HAS to move to the digitv age because the broadcasts will change soon.
I agree. And I used to own a digibox but I had to sell it when I started my studies and needed money. :D

Last edited:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Bah. Niitty should be starting next game too.... But doesn't hurt to have a backup with games played... Hopefully it won't be back and forth as it usually gets though...

Slime

Mar 30, 2003
Sweden
mattihp said:
Bah. Niitty should be starting next game too.... But doesn't hurt to have a backup with games played... Hopefully it won't be back and forth as it usually gets though...

Yeah, I have bad memories from all those times the Finns kept changing goalie from game to game, and it seemed they did it randomly. I strongly agree that Niitty should play against ITA, just for psychological reasons so that the team really can trust him when it's time for the big games (assuming he won't let Italy score of course), or else we will suffer watching a nervous and overly defensive team unable to score more than one or two goals.

It's just impossible for a team to reach the finals if it can't fully rely on the goalie!
:teach:

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Slime said:
Yeah, I have bad memories from all those times the Finns kept changing goalie from game to game, and it seemed they did it randomly. I strongly agree that Niitty should play against ITA, just for psychological reasons so that the team really can trust him when it's time for the big games (assuming he won't let Italy score of course), or else we will suffer watching a nervous and overly defensive team unable to score more than one or two goals.

It's just impossible for a team to reach the finals if it can't fully rely on the goalie!
:teach:

The Italy game starts about 16 hours after the Swiss has ended, so I think it's good to give Nitty some rest tomorrow. I would even consider dressing Bäckström as the backup for that game..

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004
TK79 said:
That's it, i'm buying a digibox tomorrow. With two excellent hockey games going on, the analog Yle channel first showed curling and now has moved on to the facinating sport of bobsled :madfire: :banghead: Yle is sending a pretty clear message; buy a digibox or suffer..

I´m not trying to move you away from buying digibox, but have you noticed that Urheilukanava shows several hockey games? I like especially the fact that they have Petteri Sihvonen as commentator in their games.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
This was a good game by the Lions when you consider that they played the game almost straight after the flights.

+Niittymäki, numero uno indeed!
+Selänne, so smooth, didn't even bother to cheer the first goal.
+O.Jokinen, this is good that O.J. scores, we need his goals more!
+Ruutu, very underrated player, will be important against Canada.

-Salo, he was lost many times.
-Berg, I don't what it is but I'm always worried when he's on ice
-Laaksonen, what? where? when? he was the most invisible IMO.

First game is always tough and we won it and the game will get whole lot better when the tournament progress... I have a good feeling about this.

Bring on Italy and the others!

THE LION HAS ROARED! :yo:

twelve

May 19, 2005
Tritsche said:
I can only say this team suomi impressed me really. But the swiss are not that bad like this team. our coach have choosen one more time the false player and has now the receipt.

Why no Sprunger, Steiner, Riesen, Bärtschi, von Arx(I know the reason) and many more but Della Rossa, Forster, Wichser are in Turino.

lol
There's no guarantee that they would have played better. Finland was just too good and Switzerland let them go ahead too far in the second third. Von Arx doesn't care enough for team SUI, he wouldn't have worked as much as the ones who played yesterday did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->