WJC: Switzerland 2019 Roster Talk

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
How does this team compare to the 2017 team?

Goaltending is about even maybe even a little bit better this year than two years ago.

On defence we had Siegenthaler and Karrer in 2017 who were probably better than any defenceman on the roster right now. On the other hand the depth on defence is way better now than two years ago, as have three competent pairings and not just one.

The forward group of 2017 was better because of Hischier alone. The rest of the forward group is about even.

Overall i would say the 2017 squad was better offensively and was able to come back from several multi goal deficits because of the x-factor Hischier and Siegenthaler brought to the team. This years team is better defensively and has done an amazing job to keep the games close so far, even against top teams. On the other hand they seem to need too many opportunities to score, especially on even strength.

Reactions: Pouliot

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Gross is doing great, very solid defensivly. Smart and easy plays, good skater. He isn't an offensive minded D-men though.

Reactions: Svenhart2008

JLT

Jan 7, 2019
Where do you all think Rochette will go in the 2020 draft? Also, will he likely make the WJC U20 roster next year? He's looked decent this year...

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
As far as I know, if he will make the wjc U20 roster next year, it will be for team Canada.
At least that's what he hopes

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
As far as I am conserned I wouldn‘t even take him back, at any possible level. According to the GM of hockey Canada it was him and his family who contacted them and not the other way around. It would be disrespectful to take away any players roster spot for a guy who would rather play for another nation. It also would send a bad message for similar cases in the future. But I am sure the guys in charge of the Swiss Federation with their leave no player behind politics won‘t agree with me on that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->