Switch collection packs you'd like to see in the future

TequilaBay

May 30, 2019
Since we already had the Super Mario 3D All Stars collection this year (which had its controversies, yes, but was still a successful port of three exceptional platformers, nonetheless), and since there are other games being re-released on the console as well such as the Collection of Mana and the 16-bit Aladdin & Lion King pack, plus ports of the Crash N Sane and Spyro Reignited trilogies, I am curious to see if any more of these collection packs come to the Switch.
I'd like to know in the comments what collection packs you'd like to see in the future. Here are three I'd like to see;

Paper Mario All Stars
Paper Mario (N64, 2001), Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GameCube, 2004), Super Paper Mario (Wii, 2007)

This collection indeed takes direct inspiration from Super Mario 3D All Stars, as it features a mainline N64, GameCube, and Wii title all on one collection as 3D All Stars did. But since there is no Super Paper Mario 2, and since Sticker Star is renounced by the Paper Mario fanbase, just having these three games would be a perfect sale that fans wouldn't complain about, and wouldn't have a similar issue as 3D All Stars' exclusion of Super Mario Galaxy 2.
As for the games themselves though, all three of these are excellent games with memorable characters, story telling, and art styles, and have gained a large fanbase that hasn't been happy with the recent iterations in the series. Not only that, but given how well received and expensive Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is in particular, this game would cater to those that never got to play TTYD as well, and the artwork of each game would also appeal easily to children due to the colorful and lighthearted nature shown. This collection would sell like hotcakes, no ifs, ands, or buts about it, and it copuld also reignite interest in the Paper Mario series as well.

Banjo Redooie
Banjo Kazooie (N64, 1998), Banjo Tooie (N64, 2000)

This or a port of the Rare Replay collection from the Xbox One, perhaps with the Donkey Kong games and Star Fox Adventures added, but perhaps that would be a tough feat to fit all on one cartridge.
Either way, now that Nintendo and Microsoft are no longer really competing against each other (the Switch is competing more against the iPad and the Xbox brand is competing more against Roku), and since Banjo and Kazooie have recently appeared in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, there shouldn't be any trouble with getting either an enhanced port or a remaster of both Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie on the Switch. They could also throw Diddy Kong Racing and Donkey Kong 64 into this collection for good measure if they don't go the full Rare Replay route. Either way, a pack with Kazooie and Tooie would definitely sell well, given how memorable and atmospheric the environments from both of these games are, and due to the fanbase this series has retained despite not having a mainline entry in such a long time.

The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection
The Sims 2 + All Expansion & Stuff Packs (PC, 2004-2008)

This collection would be a port of the PC game and all of its expansion and stuff packs, not a port of any of the console version cashgrabs from back in the day.
Many Sims fans, myself included, to this day still regard Sims 2 as the best in the series. The lack of microtransactions, expansion and stuff packs having more more content in them, the ease of creating towns from scratch, character interactions that have been lost in future entries, a boolprop cheat that actually expanded the scope of the game, how easy it was to create your own stories for each family, as well as the premade stories in Pleasantview, Veronaville, and other neighborhoods which were fun to mess around with. If EA were to release this, it would sell like hotcakes, easily. Sims fans would obviously buy it, casuals would buy it over The Sims 4 due to it offering more bang for your buck, and it could also bring in new fans as well, as it can also draw from the Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon crowds due to it being a simulation game. Sure, it would be much harder for them to milk the Sims series after this, but the Sims games are becoming a tougher sell anyways due to how plagued the Sims 3 and 4 were, if anything a pack like this would rejuvenate the Sims fanbase and help the series sell even more.
What about you, what collection packs would you like to see on the Switch?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Metroid would be great. I would also love to see a Zelda remake collection and I think we will get one at some point with its anniversary.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Mother collection, Tactics Ogre/FF Tactics collection, and Super Metroid/Metroid Zero Mission/Metroid Fusion collection.

Hell, I think it would be cool if the y started porting color corrected remasters of GBA games in general. That era holds up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad