Switch Brunner and Flip

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
I'm not a native English speaker either, but effectiveness is how well x brings the desired result while efficiency deals with how much wasted energy there is to achieve it. The percentage of the shots that result in a goal would be the efficiency in this case, while the total amount of goals would be effectiveness. (This is of course not always the case; see for example Lidström shooting for Holmström to deflect. By this measure Lidström would be shown to be less efficient than he really was, as these shots were not meant to end up in goal - the desired effect was a different one. (Even though the desired end result was the same - a goal - the desired result of the shot - a deflection - is what matters here, since that's the effectiveness/efficiency we're measuring. But this is neither here nor there. :laugh:))

Ignoring Filppula as you didn't include his stats, Brunner is here the least efficient shooter, but the second-most effective one.

This is my understanding, at least. Someone else may feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->