Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
We have 4 teams in the Europen Trophy :

EV Zug
Zurich Lions
Fribourg Gotteron
SC Bern

So far, they didn't play too brilliantly ... it is the beginning of the season ... some teams have few sessions of practice while others are more advanced in their preparation program.

I remember last year, Bern having a game in november ... and all good players being "sick" and therefore not joining the team for its ET game.

I regret that the ET isn't taken more seriously by our Swiss teams because it could be a nice opportunity to see them face international competition. (i particularly appreciated the Victoria Cup).

What is your opinion on the ET ?
how do you see our teams compared to the competition ?

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
I cannot talk about others teams than Fribourg Gotteron. Fribourg's coach Kossmann said they take it more seriously this year. Because it's the second time they played this tournament and they aren't "rookies" anymore, and besides because they don't have to play the spengler cup 2013, so the calendar will be easier for them.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
On Bern side, not much i know from the inside. Yet in many games, Gigon is in the net (not bad per se !) and from time to time the good guys are not in the team ... surprisingly they loose almost everything.

In other words, they may say what they want, facts support that they are training their team and in no way focusing for the win.

I wonder what their real level would be if it was "big teams vs big teams" ?

On the other side, it is good it is this, because results aren't great !
And having the Swedes dominating isn't a surprise, not having the Finns dominate ... that is a surprise.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
As long as this tournament is played during the preseason, it will be used by teams to prepare for the season and results will be pretty random.

It would be taken more seriously if it was set up like a European cup, with participation based on last season's results and games during the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad