SWHL, like fantasy WHL hockey but better

birdsfan17

Sep 3, 2016
The SWHL is an innovative FREE web based hockey simulation league where YOU become the General Manager of a WHL hockey team with responsibility to build a winning franchise. You’ll manage your organization through our personalized website that is updated daily.

I’d like to extend an invitation to join the SWHL. The SWHL is a 22-team league using the STHS platform for operations.

The GM’s in the league are a highly competitive group who spend a fair amount of time trying to improve their teams through trades, good drafting, or strategic free agent signings.

The SWHL is a dedicated league which is perpetual in nature. Although rosters begin with a representative appearance reflective of WHL rosters, there is no expectation that this will continue as trades, retirement, and free agency start to misshapen the roster formations.

The SWHL has 2 openings and is looking for people who want to jump in with both feet and start moulding their franchise into the type of organization they want it to become and who wants to support the foundation of this league with your efforts. This league will only grow to be as good as those who participate in it.

Why pay for your sim hockey experience?

Play for free at
www.whlsim.com

Please email me with any questions or to request one of the available teams: [email protected]

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
This seems cool but I don't know enough about the whl to be able to do anything with confidence. This in the OHL would be cool and popular I think

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
This is nerdy as hell. I love it. Might be interested in joining, if I have time. Wish there was more information.

birdsfan17

Sep 3, 2016
re:

Feel free to email me ( [email protected]) with any questions you might have, id be happy to answer them and help you get set up . Some of our best GM's are hockey fans with no sim experience that seen my post on a message board and didnt really understand exactly how it worked, then before they know it they are hooked and are some of the most active GM's in the league.

Also, dont worry if you are not sharp on your WHL player knowledge. The one requirement needed is to know the junior hockey/ CHL format with age and roster requirements. If you know that, then you're set. We have a handful of GM's that are not WHL fans, they are just fans of playing sim hockey. Learning the players is the easy part because they each come with ratings and you can use websites like www.eliteprospects.com to determine how good players are and how they will re-rate.

I urge people to join during the offseason, especially rookie GM's. This gives you plenty of time to learn the nuances of the league as well as your players. This also allows you to start building your team to your specifications as our amateur and import drafts are held in July and August. So there is no better time than now to get started.

And yes.. it is nerdy, my wife tells me this all the time haha. I used to be a big fantasy hockey guy but once i started playing sim hockey it was all over lol, its a ton of fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad