Swedish snus

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
Stuff is unreal way better alternative to dip imo. To the Swedes here do you re-use pouches? In American threads they find it repulsive but ive heard its common practice to use it a couple times after it dries up. Is this true? Cause it would save me a lot of money lol

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Stuff is unreal way better alternative to dip imo. To the Swedes here do you re-use pouches? In American threads they find it repulsive but ive heard its common practice to use it a couple times after it dries up. Is this true? Cause it would save me a lot of money lol

I've never heard of someone here re-using pouches at least. I guess you could use it again just to have something under your lip, but if you've used it for an hour there won't be any nicotine left.

I mostly use loose snus though. I think pouches get runny very quickly.

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
I've never heard of someone here re-using pouches at least. I guess you could use it again just to have something under your lip, but if you've used it for an hour there won't be any nicotine left.

I mostly use loose snus though. I think pouches get runny very quickly.
Unfortunately I was introduced to snus with siberia. So anything else really doesnt do it for me. I also read somewhere that there is only a certain amount of nicotine your body can absorb in a given time. Because sibs have so much nicotine you couldnt possible absorb it all in one sitting.

As for the runniness of pouches what I do is open my upper lip and blow air out of my mouth for about 10-15 secs to dry the lip. I find I never have issues of runniness after that.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Unfortunately I was introduced to snus with siberia. So anything else really doesnt do it for me. I also read somewhere that there is only a certain amount of nicotine your body can absorb in a given time. Because sibs have so much nicotine you couldnt possible absorb it all in one sitting.

As for the runniness of pouches what I do is open my upper lip and blow air out of my mouth for about 10-15 secs to dry the lip. I find I never have issues of runniness after that.

Alright. It still doesn't sound very pleasant to me but maybe it's worth it if it's exensive over there.

Not that it's cheap here. You used to be able to buy snus for under two dollars, but now most cans cost 4 or 5. I use up a can a day basically, so it's a stupid habit. But I never buy candy and stuff like that, so it might even itself out.

Dump and Chase Demon

Sep 14, 2018
Sweden
Wouldn't recommend re-using. Taste/texture/effect will be negatively affected.

As for runniness, it depends what you like/how your mouth reacts to it. Here in Sweden snus is available both loose form and in pouches. Pouches come in different options based on pouch runniness and pouch size. As for flavors and strenght, you have about a million options to choose from.

You even have tobacco free pouches, filled with some kind of white nicotine powder.

You also have nicotine free pouches if you want to stop but have the placebo of having something in your mouth.

It is very easy to get addicted. You can basically snus all the time. Some people sleep with snus. Some people throw in multiple pouches in at the same time.

In Sweden you can notice many people with the snus "grin" where upper lip sits tighter/higher on the mouth.

Although the effect is more diffused than for cigarettes, there is apparently 3x more nicotine in a pouch than in a cigarrette. It is also apparently harder to quit snus than cigarettes.

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
Alright. It still doesn't sound very pleasant to me but maybe it's worth it if it's exensive over there.

Not that it's cheap here. You used to be able to buy snus for under two dollars, but now most cans cost 4 or 5. I use up a can a day basically, so it's a stupid habit. But I never buy candy and stuff like that, so it might even itself out.
4 or 5 dollars??? $35/tin in Ottawa so I gotta make that last lmao

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

You started with Siberia? WoW! That is super impressive. That's kinda like saying I only drink Everclear.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
July 16th will be 6 years without a single cigarette after 20+ years of smoking, thanks to General Original snus. I wish I would've found snus sooner.

I order from Snus Central and Snus Direct. I usually buy like a 3 month supply and keep the bulk of it in the freezer.

I paid 7.95 U.S. a can. Ordering from Sweden with expensive overnight shipping I can get to around 3.75 a can or under buying in bulk... usually gets here in 2 days but I have had my order stuck in U.S. Customs a couple of times and it took around 5 days

Really big fan of the Onyx and Göteborgs Rapé also

I use the General Original for about 35 minutes and toss it out. The Mint seems to hold it's flavor for a while. I have kept a mint in for more than two hours.

Sometimes if I just put one in, and food comes quicker than expected I'll save it in the catch lid for later...but usually I don't reuse.

BTW,
A mint snus with a vodka, club and a lime is awesome...and if you're one of those people who have to smoke when they drink, this is a life saver

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->