WJC: Swedish coach Tomas Monten wants to coach 3 more years

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
On topic, the nepotism in the swedish hockey federation has always been an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Ofcourse HE wants to, lets just hope its not up to him.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Well, he fired himself by saying it was a 50/50 game against the Switz, shows he has no ambition. Sweden should win that game 10 of 10 times, but he made excuses even before the game was played….

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
If Montén do get fired after all we'll just end up with another coach from the same school as him so whatever... Hopeless.
Yeah, but the previous NT coaches for Sweden has atleast had some form of success with their club teams. Montén was fired from Timrå after they got demoted that’s his coaching record outside of tre kronor. He will have massive problems finding another HC job after this gig is up. THAT is something unique. So I’m pretty sure whoever ends up as the coach if Montén is fired will atleast have a better track record than that.

Reactions: Vesperia

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Yeah, but the previous NT coaches for Sweden has atleast had some form of success with their club teams. Montén was fired from Timrå after they got demoted that’s his coaching record outside of tre kronor. He will have massive problems finding another HC job after this gig is up. THAT is something unique. So I’m pretty sure whoever ends up as the coach if Montén is fired will atleast have a better track record than that.
Yes they hired a coach without any merits. Only in sweden.

Good thing we have Elias Pettersson

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I was impressed with the professionalism of the Swedish preparation at the beginning of the tournament, but at some point that preparation and focus got replaced by cockiness and smugness.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
He's an amazing coach. None of his teams have ever taken a penalty they deserved.

How Monten was allowed back this year is bewildering after how he represented Sweden last year.

I'm not sure how teaching your players that the world is out to get them will yield results. It was astonishing that after last year's immaturity that a Swedish player launched a stick across the ice after losing this year. Canada crucifies Comtois for diving (and losing, alone it would be tolerable), Sweden celebrates and defends the childish antics of its team. Is Lias Anderson on a postage stamp yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nate070

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad