Sweden's immediate future

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Looking at the dream team Finland will ice in 2-3 years, what do we have?

Forsberg-Pettersson-Arvidsson

Landeskog-Backstrom-Nylander

Rakell-Karlsson-Silfverberg

Johnsson-Lindholm-Bratt

Lindholm-Karlsson

Dahlin-Hedman

OEL/Ekholm-Klingberg

Goalies look very sketchy after Lunkan..

Finally icing a worse national team (on paper) than Finland? Has never happened since I started following hockey 30 years ago. :/

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Looking at the dream team Finland will ice in 2-3 years, what do we have?

Rakell-Karlsson-Silfverberg

Johnsson-Lindholm-Bratt

Lindholm-Karlsson

Dahlin-Hedman

OEL/Ekholm-Klingberg

Goalies look very sketchy after Lunkan..

Finally icing a worse national team (on paper) than Finland? Has never happened since I started following hockey 30 years ago. :/

Yeah looking att the NHL stats firstpage today.. Three Finns and a Dane.

We have good depth but not any real superstars if you dont count Backstrom, EP might be one if we are lucky. Dahlin off course, but the D side is not any of our worries. It is the forwards.

I have big hopes on Holtz, Raymond Gunler, and maby if he grows Zion Nybeck. But they are a few years away.

snu22fint

Jun 19, 2016
Swedish team is better. Finland wins the top 6 forwards and goaltending by a small margin. Sweden win defence by a large margin and bottom 6 is also better.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Swedish team is better. Finland wins the top 6 forwards and goaltending by a small margin. Sweden win defence by a large margin and bottom 6 is also better.

Finland have strong defenceman who are coming up though to complement their forwards.

snu22fint

Jun 19, 2016
In goalies the margin is massive in Finland's favor, not small.
Sure maybe, who cares about goalies anyway. Wins, save % and GAA is mostly a team stat anyway and is highly influenced by a teams playstyle and ability to defend etc.
You can win olympic gold with SHL level keeper. Importance of goalies are massively overrated. A hot goalie is a nice thing to have in a tournament but even a goalie like Andrew Hammond can play like the best goalie on earth for quite a long period of time.

But sure. Finland have and advantage. I can't deny that.

snu22fint

Jun 19, 2016
Finland have strong defenceman who are coming up though to complement their forwards.
Yeah, like Heiskanen. And ... hmmm and yeah. ... who else? Im sure they have more prospects coming up but it will take more than a few years to match Sweden in defence.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Yeah, like Heiskanen. And ... hmmm and yeah. ... who else? Im sure they have more prospects coming up but it will take more than a few years to match Sweden in defence.

Ristolanen, Valimaki, Vaakanainen, A.Honka and some promising ones playing juniors.

snu22fint

Jun 19, 2016
Ristolanen, Valimaki, Vaakanainen, A.Honka and some promising ones playing juniors.
Risto is 24. Not exactly an up and coming. Valimaki, Vaakanainen, honka. Yeah, they have potential. Just as Brännström, Boqvist, Liljegren.

They could close the gap a bit if things work out. That's all.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Your Dmen are excellent, and will provide offense that your forwards might lack.

Lunacy

Jan 5, 2019
I like the top 6 but I think i'd change the bottom 6 a bit, maybe

Lindholm-Karlsson-Silfverberg

Bratt-Backlund-Hornqvist

Lindholm-Karlsson

Dahlin-Hedman

OEL/Ekholm-Klingberg

Lundqvist
Lehner/Markstrom

This is assuming Nylander gets his game together and doesn't stay cold. I think lindholm/karlsson on the same line gives us a third good scoring line and backlund is great as the main shut down center. idk about hornqvist on the 4th line but I like his hustle. Maybe Nyquist could replace Silfverberg on the third line but honestly I haven't seen a full game of Detroit this season so i dunno if Nyquist is just getting carried by Larkin or is actually as good as his stats seem. Zibanejad could get a shout but i dunno who he would replace.

Reactions: singlesliceofcheese

Lunacy

Jan 5, 2019
You're right he could also be on there for sure, over silfverberg maybe, haven't thought about rakell much lately because of his injury. It's tempting to have both because they are both ducks players and chemistry and whatever. Maybe drop Nylander off until he proves he's got it back, shift lindholm to 2nd line and do rakell-karlsson-silfverberg

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The forwards don't lack much to me considering how complete all but maybe Nylander are. Don't look at the stats, four of our seven or eight best guys(Forsberg, Rakell, Nylander, Arvidsson) have had issues one way or the other at the start of this season that compromise their stats. Filip Forsberg is easily one of the first 10 forwards I'd pick for one single game, and Rakell is up there too normally. Players in their prime, as is Arvidsson, Lindholm, Karlsson, Zibanejad and Landeskog. That's a great in-your-face offense. Depth scoring is a small question mark, but not a huge one considering what we get from our blueline. The center position has gone from a question mark to a strength with Pettersson and Lindholm emerging, while Bäckström is still going strong. Zibanejad as the 4C or putting Lindholm on a wing and have Zibanejad as 3C, either option is great.

Defense.. Do I need to say much. Our 6th best guy is Dahlin or Lindholm or maybe Klefbom(25 min guy in the NHL and barely talked about), that's ridiculous.

Not ecstatic about our goalies behind Lundqvist in case he gets injured. However we have some more starters and 1Bs now. I like Ullmark personally. Markström gets a lot of games but he lets in too many soft goals.

Last edited:

PittsburghHustlers

Jan 9, 2017
Stockholm
In 2-3 years:

Lindholm-Karlsson-Rakell

Bratt-Zibanejad-Silfverberg

Lindholm-Karlsson

Dahlin-Hedman

OEL/Ekholm/Brannstrom-Klingberg

Lundqvist
Lehner

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
The forwards don't lack much to me considering how complete all but maybe Nylander are. Don't look at the stats, four of our seven or eight best guys(Forsberg, Rakell, Nylander, Arvidsson) have had issues one way or the other at the start of this season that compromise their stats. Filip Forsberg is easily one of the first 10 forwards I'd pick for one single game, and Rakell is up there too normally. Players in their prime, as is Arvidsson, Lindholm, Karlsson, Zibanejad and Landeskog. That's a great in-your-face offense. Depth scoring is a small question mark, but not a huge one considering what we get from our blueline. The center position has gone from a question mark to a strength with Pettersson and Lindholm emerging, while Bäckström is still going strong. Zibanejad as the 4C or putting Lindholm on a wing and have Zibanejad as 3C, either option is great.

Defense.. Do I need to say much. Our 6th best guy is Dahlin or Lindholm or maybe Klefbom(25 min guy in the NHL and barely talked about), that's ridiculous.

Not ecstatic about our goalies behind Lundqvist in case he gets injured. However we have some more starters and 1Bs now. I like Ullmark personally. Markström gets a lot of games but he lets in too many soft goals.
Lehner has stept up up lately. Wallstedt might be desent in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad