Sweden's Defense vs. Canada's Defense

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
No he really doesnt, compared to what players are available for Sweden in the NHL and outside of the league. Again. Stop.

It was music non stop for my best choise last 12 of 15 years. OEL, Klingberg, P Lindholm, Karlsson, Brodin and Larsson is my prediction for Sweden.

Last edited:

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Why are people putting Dahlin as 7th D when he was the 7th D on the non-NHL olympics roster and didn't play much in the WHCs.

D-men take longer to develop, calm down.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'd take Sweden's D over ours.

One thing that stands out though, ours is getting old.
Yeah, Ekblad stagnating/concussion issues have hurt the look of our blue-line. We haven't produced a bonafide number 1 you'd be comfortable building around in awhile. Guys like Rielly, Hamilton, and Parayko might reach that, but looking at young D in the NHL, USA is much more promising right now.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Doesn't matter how good you are when Team Canada's offense is heading your way.

McDavid
Crosby
Stamkos
Tavares
Seguin
Scheifele
Giroux
Hall
Mackinnon
Benn

A little advantage at D will never cover the gap in offensive talent.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Canada has more depth. Then Canada attacks Sweden's D with Crosby, McDavid, MacKinnon, Bergeron, Benn, Marchand, etc. There goes Sweden's "best D". If Hedman or Karlsson is hurt, that's a huge loss for the Swede's. Canada can lose key guys and still be the best and will be the best.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Sweden is the right answer here, but it's far closer than most think. I feel like people are overlooking a few names on Canada. Namely, Vlasic and Giordano, who are both capible #1's

To me both teams have a very clear top 5 and then questions in the 6 spot.

Vlasic-Doughty
Giordano-Pietranglo
Muzzin-Subban

Hedman-OEL
H.Lindholm-Karlsson
Ekholm-Klingberg

With Ekholm and Muzzin being clear steps down from the rest.

Reactions: felixhockey

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Tough to pick between the two right now but going forward Sweden looks to have the clear edge unless some young guys from Canada really explode.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Yes yes, if the subject is not in your favour, switch to a new more favorable one..

I specifically said Sweden's D is better in the same post. :laugh:

But the reality is, you play both sides of the game to win and the gap on offense is much larger.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
For me atm the Canadian D would be:

Rielly - Doughty
Pietro - Burns
Vlasic - Subban
Muzzin

LD for Canada is weak. Keith is old and is showing his age and there's no elite LDs like Pronger or Niedermeyer or defensive stalwarts like Hamhuis and Bouwmeester from Sochi.

Last edited:
Reactions: felixhockey

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
For me atm the Canadian D would be:

Vlasic - Doughty
Pietro - Burns
Rielly - Subban
Muzzin

LD for Canada is weak. Keith is old and is showing his age and there's no elite LDs like Pronger or Niedermeyer or defensive stalwarts like Hamhuis and Bouwmeester from Sochi.
Sweden is better easily.

felixhockey

Jan 28, 2016
Why are people putting Dahlin as 7th D when he was the 7th D on the non-NHL olympics roster and didn't play much in the WHCs.

D-men take longer to develop, calm down.
I just put him in there for peace of mind, because I knew people would freak out if I didn't at least add him in there. I know that's he's not in contention to take any of those stud D of the roster at this moment.. no worries

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad