Sweden vs Finland - What a final it will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanJ

Nov 8, 2005
Yureeka47 said:
Congratulations! You saw the results of the trap.
And fans of "team" Russia saw the results of the crap.
Poor management, poor couching, poor teamwork, poor attitude. Poor country? :biglaugh:

Get over it. Russia is the 4th best country in hockey right now.

larsmark

Aug 30, 2005
Örnsköldsvik
Yureeka47 said:
Congratulations! You saw the results of the trap.
No, we mainly saw the result of how Russian players act when they can't get anything going and as usual they start to try everything by themself.

Since Czechs and Russia couldn't show heart in the semis, how will they be able to do that in the bronze game? But with the sloppy defence we saw from Czechs today I guess Russia could get something going.

Finland vs Sweden is always good games.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
What a fantastic match up! I just hope Finland plays a good game and if they lose doing that then so be it.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
Riddarn said:
A quick comparison:

Finland:
+ Faster skaters
+ Better physical play
+ Superior team defense
+ Disciplined disciplined disciplined
+ Most hard working team of the tournament
- Team looks unimpressive on paper

Sweden:
+ Combined NHL payroll vastly superior to Finland
+ Very impressive players when you use them in EA NHL200x
- Worst collective psyche of any group of professional athletes ever to walk the face of the earth. Choke-artists!

I think you're the choke artist bud, way to support your team!

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
Folks, this is the one and only warning I am going to give. Some of you need to cool it with the trolling and the personal attacks. Any more trolling or personal attacks in this thread will result in warning points.

Jeff

Jul 1, 2003
Oulu, Finland
Visit site
Excelent game coming up! First of all, congrats to our neighbours also for getting into final game. :clap: Best teams are in the final, no matter what.

There have been lots of great games between these two in the past. Sundin scored 2 goals in the last seconds in early 90's(?) and we won with Peltonen's goals the WC in 1995 and we made Forsberg to cry in Nagano. And that is just top of the iceberg. Sundays game is too painful to lose for both of the teams. I mean if you lose this game you really are going to hear it FOREVER. This game will probably be last game for both teams with this generation of star players. I think.

So lets hope for the best and lets cheer for FINLAND. :yo:

jd84

Jan 28, 2006
I really love how someone here felt the need to take a shot at the devils. What do you accept them to do? Let the other team do what the heck they want in the devils end? Maybe they should sit at the bench and let the other team parade around on the ice. And the devils are the only team in the NHL who are very defensive minded? What are you smoking? It just never worked out for any other team besides the devils.

And congrats to Finland. They were just all over Russia. Very good at shutting down Ovechkin. With all their injuries it doesnt seem like they have even missed a beat. The match up against Sweden will be sweet. Some very good players in the game will be going against each other. Cant wait.

StorminZ

Jun 3, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Congrats to the Finnish and Swedish fans ... hope the game is everything you want it to be. I gotta cheer for the Finns and my man, Sakuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! :clap:
Yureeka47 said:
Why are any of you expecting a good game? The finns will play the pathetic trap, and win. I dont understand why everyone is giving finland so much credit. ANY country can play the trap, but they choose not to, because its basically cheating.
How is the trap cheating? Frankly, it's not. It may be boring to watch, but it's got the Finns to the "big dance". Maybe some brilliant coach should come up with a counter to the trap??? Seems to me we -- as in Team Canada -- sure didn't have the answer.

Listen, I'm no fan of the trap, but it's within the rules and it's done the Finns well in this tournament.

Saklander

Feb 20, 2006
For people complaining about trap: How long hasn´t Canada and USA played Dump and Chase... It´s sooo superior hockey! How many goals did the score this tournament? Please just admit that this is probably the best final, because CAN nor USA deserved to be in the final. Perhaps the Russians or Slovaks (on round robin merrit). How ever you look at it this is going to be heaven for one team and pure hell for the other. Let´s go sunday!!!!!!

Waseda

Feb 22, 2006
Sweden
The dream final!, I could not have asked for anything better than this. The Finns are aiming for the gold but they get the Silver ;)

In all honesty, a team that is undefeated throughout the Olympics and made Russia look like Kazakstan needs to be feared.

If Forsberg, Sundin & Co play like they did today then I believe Sweden gets the gold, but it won't come cheap. WAR!!!!.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
Waseda said:
The dream final!, I could not have asked for anything better than this. The Finns are aiming for the gold but they get the Silver ;)

In all honesty, a team that is undefeated throughout the Olympics and made Russia look like Kazakstan needs to be feared.

If Forsberg, Sundin & Co play like they did today then I believe Sweden gets the gold, but it won't come cheap. WAR!!!!.
:yo:

Slime

Mar 30, 2003
Sweden
Many posters here just seem to assume Finland playes the trap because it's the easiest way to explain why such underdogs have had such huge success. It's obvious that these "trap-accusers" haven't watched the games very close, and seem totally unaware of other styles of defensive play internationally, like the traditional two defensive strats Czechs and Swedes have used for years. Finlands style is a mix of many elements, but one of their trademarks is fast speed and high intensity (instead of slowing down the game) which most "trapteams" totally lack.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
JanJ said:
And fans of "team" Russia saw the results of the crap.
Poor management, poor couching, poor teamwork, poor attitude. Poor country? :biglaugh:

Get over it. Russia is the 4th best country in hockey right now.

May be 3-d how do you know? And getting personal is cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad