Sweden vs Finland - What a final it will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yureeka47*

Why are any of you expecting a good game? The finns will play the pathetic trap, and win. I dont understand why everyone is giving finland so much credit. ANY country can play the trap, but they choose not to, because its basically cheating.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Oilerfan120582 said:
Finland has played such a boring style of hockey in this tournament that the Swedes have my full support in this one. Here's hoping Sweden can break the Finnish trap!

But it's not really a trap.

Boring? Finland is averaging 4 goals for per game, more than anybody. Surely you jest?
Finland's game plan is excellent and a whole new dimension to hockey, if you can score 4 and keep the other guy from scoring at all, hell you deserve whatever medal you can be given..

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Couldn't have hoped for a better final!! great rivarly between the two.

Team Finland - AMAZING

7 games
7 wins
5 shutouts
5 goals allowed

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
btn said:
I am afraid we are going to see a couple of blowouts in the medal games. Russia big over Czech, and The Golden Generation big over Finland. Finland has to score a couple of quick goals on Sweden to keep it a close game.
prepare to eat some divine crow.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
A quick comparison:

Finland:
+ Faster skaters
+ Better physical play
+ Superior team defense
+ Disciplined disciplined disciplined
+ Most hard working team of the tournament
- Team looks unimpressive on paper

Sweden:
+ Combined NHL payroll vastly superior to Finland
+ Very impressive players when you use them in EA NHL200x
- Worst collective psyche of any group of professional athletes ever to walk the face of the earth. Choke-artists!

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Yureeka47 said:
Why are any of you expecting a good game? The finns will play the pathetic trap, and win. I dont understand why everyone is giving finland so much credit. ANY country can play the trap, but they choose not to, because its basically cheating.
:biglaugh:

mach777

Nov 10, 2003
Riddarn said:
Sweden:
- Worst collective psyche of any group of professional athletes ever to walk the face of the earth. Choke-artists!

Yet they will be playing the finals, how odd.

Tume

Dec 23, 2003
Finland
Yureeka47 said:

Ridiculous claim needs a ridiculous answer:

I could skate faster and stickhandle better than Ovechkin if I wanted to...

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
VanIslander said:
If you prefer figure skating and soccer rather than speed skating and American football.

Don't care for speed skating or figure skating all that much. But I do prefer real football over dumb fat guys in tights with too much padding celebrating like clowns over every little insignificant play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the final, but I think that Saturday's game will be more entertaining than Sunday's.

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
Yureeka47 said:

They use their players to the maximum. Or had you expected them to play in a way that would ensure the US or Canada to beat them? Almost everbody thought Finland would finish low in the tournament because they look at their players and thought there was no way they could compete. They just showed us how they can compete. And for the record, I didn't think it was a bad or boring game.

Tonzan

Dec 23, 2005
Finland
On Sunday afternoon there is going to be something going on in the North! Watch out Umeå, Vaasa is shouting over the gulf!

No really, this is more than a hockey game. I just can´t believe how beautiful it would be to read Monday´s Aftonbladet after winning this game. It doesn´t matter that it is an afternoon game. I´ll be in the bar. And so will lots of others. Lets get back to work on Tuesday, shall we?

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki
ryanghg said:
I'm sorry....I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to give my opinion.

Finland's game plan may be good, but it sure as hell is boring to watch.
hmmm....

I was just asking about why finnish hockey is so boring to you?
But then i release that you are an russian so i understand you but still.
Com'on :shakehead

pihinalle

Mar 30, 2002
Visit site
Oilerfan120582 said:
Finland has played such a boring style of hockey in this tournament that the Swedes have my full support in this one. Here's hoping Sweden can break the Finnish trap!

What are you talking about? Canada did nothing but defense against Russia.

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
Funny to see them sore people here, complaining about trap. Do you even know what "trap" is, in the coaches book? I'd really like to hear it. Ok, I understand how people might not be happy about Sweden beein' there, as they tanked to get them Swiss against them, but still... Swedes had to beat them Czechs, Finns had to beat them overrated Russians.

Outcome is known. Every sore loser can cry off their a$$ if they desire so, nothing on this planet can take away the fact... those two teams deserve to be there, they won the matches needed. It really is simple as that. Hockey isn't that complicated thing really, it's a matter of scoring goals. Those two were the best of them all in Torino, and both deserve their shot for the gold. That's it.

Now lets hear some more of that bitter weeping. After that, lets get back to the topic. Shall we?

Yes, the dreamfinal! And a milestone. Both team will have such characters leaving the international stages after this big tournament. It's a sad, but such is life, that's what the years do... So tune in for the match, shout your lungs out and enjoy! It's something that cannot be replicated, ever.

Any1 offering me a pint in Haparanda, win or lose? :sarcasm:

And PS... WC is a world of its own. But think of it, all players have played the regular season now, playoffs are close. They are very well ready and near their maximum capasity as in players. Doesn't this tournament really show, what a team made of these exact players, show where the ************* really stand? Think of it, just for a second. Or two.

freppa

Feb 21, 2006
VanIslander said:
If you prefer figure skating and soccer rather than speed skating and American football.

Are you insinuating that football (soccer) is a soft sport?

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
Yureeka47 said:

Too much drugs are bad for you, ok?

Finland actually plays a pretty entertaining hard nosed North American style. They have scored in bunches and they have only let in 5 goals.

Tonight I counted two quality scoring chances for Russia. With that roster that's pretty impressive seeing as the Finns scored four and hit the post or cross bar three times.

Russia got wtfpwned plain and simple. Finland was far superior tonight. I still think the Swedes will win on sunday though as I thought the Russians would win tonight. Swedes are an impressive bunch and it's Finland - Sweden. Rivalry says it's anyone's game, the record says Finland will not win all 8 games.

MartinFr

Feb 16, 2006
Kalmar
How can you not love Finlands play? They give 100% every shift and shows alot of heart. This will be a great final, most of the games between these two teams have been brilliant.

I'm very proud of this achivement by our team and now it's time to step up and win _THE GAME_ of a lifetime.

Yureeka47*

Why is everyone laughing at my comment?

Why did New Jersey keep playing the trap before this season, but no other teams did?

They may have won the cup several times, but they sure as hell didnt win any fans.

Finland = PURE BOREDOM. Face it, this is the only way that this team could win.. not only was the game boring, but man does this team give a horrible reputation to hockey around the world. I hope Sweden SMOKES that pathetic excuse for a hockey team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad