Apr 15, 2018
Finally a shot of Becherovka!

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-27_15-34-59.png
    upload_2021-5-27_15-34-59.png
    593.6 KB · Views: 4

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I'll bet you the Semi's have the usual 4 though... eg. 7 of the nations that can medal here

Sweden will need now the help of Denmark and they have to win against Russia in regular time, otherwise I don’t think they reach the quarterfinal. 11 or only 10 will be not enough for the quarterfinal.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I was an utter pessimist after the 2nd perion, but that resurrection in the 3rd - hats off. Again, it is always weird how a single goal can completely change the entire game sometimes.

Reactions: Czechboy

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
I'm sorry for the benehalf of the Czech Republic, but your national anthem is rather underwhelming. The standards aren't high, but you have to do better than that.

As a Swedish hockey fan, I'm not even mad. This is just par for the course of 2021. Everything is shit and will be shit for a long time. It's just how it is. All shit stars are aligned for the shit nebula to explode.
I've seen all sorts of chirps, but badmouthing a national anthem is a new one.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I was an utter pessimist after the 2nd perion, but that resurrection in the 3rd - hats off. Again, it is always weird how a single goal can completely change the entire game sometimes.
Now add in the post and the missed Sekac empty net... we were good all game. I'd say first was close to even (but the score)... then 2nd and 3rd were us.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I know, I promise I'll stop it here. Just make sure you won't get eliminated please :)
Saatana perkele what do you think? Of course we will be eliminated! We're so done. With everything, not only hockey. All our best players are injured (to even start with any players playing well AT ALL), we have the worst defensive blueline I've ever seen and the entire country is going to shit. We're done. There's no way this team reaches a QF just as Sweden will be f***ed after these... dumb decisions.

As mentioned earlier in the Swedish team thread, us fans are REALLY happy there are no relegation rounds this year. If our incompetent hockey federation could take this more seriously, perhaps we would've had more of a chance. If the key injuries didn't happen, perhaps also another story. But now?

Shit team. Pure shit. And so the shit stars align. That is modern Sweden.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Vrana (a semi product of Sweden) getting Player of the Game was a nice touch... happy for him!

Reactions: Hemsky001

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Well, this will be interesting for Sweden, just straight wins needed and Russia for example might be a problem. For my mind I do like the Czech anthem, though it does sound rather sad...

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
I gave up on the Czechs after the 2nd. Didn't expect this at all.

By the way, what was the deal with Rakell and all those altercations? He doesn't play a pest in Anaheim, does he?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad