Sweden-usa

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl from pori

Dec 18, 2004
I think that sweden will put Rautio in instead of Heino-lindberg because he shootout the slovaks but Heino-lindberg is the better goalie and he can beat the US himself he showed it during the summer challenge where he shootout montoya in the first game that sweden won 3-0 and the second game went into overtime.
Sweden won after penalties.
and I think that´s a mistake to put rautio ahead of Heino-Lindberg.What do you think?

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
At this point I'm just hoping USA wins so we can see a Semi-Final game on ESPN. If the USA is eliminated we don't get anything on ESPN. :banghead:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
carl from pori said:
I think that sweden will put Rautio in instead of Heino-lindberg because he shootout the slovaks but Heino-lindberg is the better goalie and he can beat the US himself he showed it during the summer challenge where he shootout montoya in the first game that sweden won 3-0 and the second game went into overtime.
and I think that´s a mistake to put rautio ahead of Heino-Lindberg.What do you think?

even though I think Heino-Lindberg overall is more skilled than Rautio, I certainly wouldn't change goaltender after an excellent performance by Rautio, who is by no standards a risk and has in fact been great in all games he has played with Sweden this season (even during the third period against Canada, from what I gather..).

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
CSKA said:
RUSSIA - USA BRING IT ONNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yo: :yo:

Please, no!

I hate playing against them ... it's always a fluke, and it's always a loss for us. :shakehead

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
carl from pori said:

I don't really think anyone will get shootout. On the other hand, they may get shutout!! ;)

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
wilka91 said:
Please, no!

I hate playing against them ... it's always a fluke, and it's always a loss for us. :shakehead
Not always...We beat them in 2003, just before beating Canada :lol

Reilly311

McDonald19 said:
At this point I'm just hoping USA wins so we can see a Semi-Final game on ESPN. If the USA is eliminated we don't get anything on ESPN. :banghead:

The USA/Sweden game will be on ESPN 2 right?

Anyway, this should be a fun game with all the goalscoring that should be going on. The Phil Kessel guy is a dream to watch. :innocent:

(I think this is the first time the :innocent: smiley has been used on this board.)

edit: I also like Swedens uniforms.

Reilly311

CSKA said:
Thats why we will win this time ! :lol:

I see, because USA best Russia the first time, they obviously will lose the second time. Great thinking. Please, direct to the school of study at which you attended so I can enroll.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Reilly311 said:
I see, because USA best Russia the first time, they obviously will lose the second time. Great thinking. Please, direct to the school of study at which you attended so I can enroll.

No no no my friend ........! Because we have the better team ! We had a bad start a couple of times in the past ! That will be a great game but a diffrent one trust me ! SHAIBU ROSSIJAAAAA !

Mountain Dude

Reilly311 said:

:banghead:

The 2 teams are about equal, and one you win the first game, it is more likely you'll lose the next game because the other team will be more prepared next game. Did you not watch the playoffs this year?

Anyways, Canada always beat Russia the first time we played them the last few years, and always lost the next game.

chicpea*

Reilly311 said:

Team Russia/USSR always starts slow and comes on strong. I guess this is the first time you've watched them in a tourney. On the other hand, Team USA seems to have started strong and then imploded.

Regardless, USA will beat Sweden 5-2 if they are as determined as they were last night.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Well, the U.S. did play better against the Czechs than they did against Belarus, so I'm hoping for a positive trend to emerge. The match-up against Sweden is very winnable, and if the U.S. team plays to it's potential can do just that.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
The US should beat the Swedes, no doubt in my mind. They will beat them if they play like they did in the Czech game however, they can easily lose this game if they start looking ahead. At this point, I can't see the States beating a rested Russian team. Unless Montoya gets his act together, I can't see the US in the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->