Sweden-Russia euro hockey final 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Holmqvist didn't suck. If the opposing team does not force them into the corners, the russians will dominate and run up the score, no matter who the opposition is :teach:

Holmqvist did a good job, even though he let in 5 goals.

Rhodin should not make the final team, he looked craptacular out there...

Kronwall was a bit shaky, but will only improve...

Sanny Lindström is a better candidate than Jonas Frögren to the final team.

Malkin showed who lifts who with him and Ovechkin. Malkin the better player right now, Ovy more flashy.

Semin did everything out there for russia, and is a much much better overall player than I thought. Awesome skater, splendid stickhandler, effortless splendid defensively and very dangerous offensively.

My five stars for both teams

Sweden:
***** Samuelsson - Worked his ass of, and can play in any role on any line.
**** Bäckman - Very good positionally, a bit lazy on defense, and not many shots on goal, but still a splendid game.

*** Alfredsson - Very good game, but still not at the level of play he had in the playoffs.

** Holmqvist - Made some really awesome saves out there

* Kronwall - Nice goal and skatet hard, positional play hopefully better in the future.

Others that played well include Hagos, the Sedins, Franzén and to some extent, Nordström.

Russia:

***** Malkin - A superstar with authority already. Lifted Ovechkin's play another level, worked hard all over the ice.

**** Semin - A little more work on the already good physical play and he'll be a force as a complete player
*** Ovechkin - Extremely good technique and some really nice moves

** Sokolov - At times stood on his head when the russian defense got a bit lazy

* Afinogenov - Amazing speed and great stickhandling, combined with hard work

Others who were good were: Gusev, Vyshedkevich, Kovalev, Kovalchuk. Yashin was invisible in the third.

Also... One question... Why were both teams reluctant to go hard into the corners?

That might be a huge problem when playing against other teams...

Last edited:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
mattihp said:
He can go on the mentionables too ;)

But he was not really that flashy... And kinda disappeared all the time.

I'll see that tonight ... only 11 hours to wait :snide:

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Kaizer said:
No, We have live broadcast. It will be shown one more time later night when nothing to show :D

Oh. Well.. if anyone's got a video capture card and a decent broadband connection, feel free to do whatever you think I am implying :naughty:

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Russia looked pretty impresive out there, I enjoyed watching Ovechkin and Malkin, they are a great offensive weapon (although one of the Swedish announcers said they are kinda lazy when it comes to the defense awareness, but with an offensive talent like that, who needs defense? ;) )

Were both of these two games broadcasted in Russia? I know this one was, but was the one in Sweden broadcasted too?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Petey21 said:
although one of the Swedish announcers said they are kinda lazy when it comes to the defense awareness, but with an offensive talent like that, who needs defense? ;)

That was Curre Lundmark grasping at straws. Trying to come with some old cliché about russian hockey players. :shakehead

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Riddarn said:
That was Curre Lundmark grasping at straws. Trying to come with some old cliché about russian hockey players. :shakehead
Yeah, because Malkin was all over the ice... Especially the longer the game went

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Riddarn said:
Oh. Well.. if anyone's got a video capture card and a decent broadband connection, feel free to do whatever you think I am implying :naughty:

Last year during the Euro of soccer my cousin who lives in California watched the entire tourney thanks to me, my broadband connection and my WinTV adapter. :snide:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad