Sweden broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Swedes look like a ebbing hockey power. The present team was suppose to be peaking but now looks like a team well past that. Forsberg is not nearly as dominate and even Lidstrom is looking increasing mistake prone. The goal tending is, of course, ridiculous. Given the fact there is so little in the pipeline (I can't remember -sans the Sedins- a recent high Swede draft choice) it has to be speculated that Sweden is a nation in serious hockey decline.

I must be seriously questioned how they intend to compete adequatelyagainst raising powers such as Canada , the United States, Russia or even Finland in the future.

Burnaby_Joe*

You're a Canuck fan, right? It's funny that you didn't mention the magician.

SopelFan*

What did Jorgen Jonsson, Sami Pahlsson and Andreas Johansson do to keep their lineup spots?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
SopelFan said:
What did Jorgen Jonsson, Sami Pahlsson and Andreas Johansson do to keep their lineup spots?

Well, they played better than Markus Näslund..

Poikilitic

Apr 1, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Ok here are my rankings.
5. Alfredsson : Thanks for showing up in 1 game
4. Forsberg : See Alfredsson
3. Sundin : Thanks for leading the way as always. True leader.
2. Modin: Beautiful goals. Tried more than everybody
1. Tomas Holmström: You my man get :bow: :bow: :bow:

The rest get this:
:(

Jazz

According to a former NHL scout, the Swedes have basically lost a generation of young players because in the mid to late 90s they focussed on skills less and more on playing the defensive trap....

Looking at the fact that there was no Swede taken in the first round of the NHL entry-draft this past year, plus that they have not won a medal of any color in the World Juniors (U20s) in 8 years will probably be further evidence of this...

SopelFan*

Tito_Ortiz said:
Sweden would have been worse with those two.
You're right. The offensive talents of Sami Pahlsson should have led them to victory.

Burnaby_Joe*

SopelFan said:
You're right. The offensive talents of Sami Pahlsson should have led them to victory.

The Sedins would have been thrown around like Chara did to McCabe.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Tito_Ortiz said:
The Sedins would have been thrown around like Chara did to McCabe.

What the hell are you talking about? They're much harder to knock off the puck than the likes of Andreas Johansson and Jorgen Jonsson :lol

Clearly you haven't seen them play since their rookie season.

Anyways, Sweden needed guys who could keep up offensive pressure. That's the Sedins.

Burnaby_Joe*

Burke's Evil Spirit said:
What the hell are you talking about? They're much harder to knock off the puck than the likes of Andreas Johansson and Jorgen Jonsson :lol

Clearly you haven't seen them play since their rookie season.

Anyways, Sweden needed guys who could keep up offensive pressure. That's the Sedins.

You should have been the coach for Sweden. Obviously, the coach knows that Johansson and Jorgen play better than the Sedins.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Tito_Ortiz said:
You should have been the coach for Sweden. Obviously, the coach knows that Johansson and Jorgen play better than the Sedins.

Clearly they didn't, because they did ****-all.

And yes, I'd have been a better coach for Sweden than that Pejorative Slur Hardy Nilsson.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
sigh.. it would have been nice to see what the sedins could have done with a player like zetterberg or holmstrom

Lowball

McRebuild
Aug 27, 2004
Cowtown
Once again, horrible goaltending by Tellqvist. I have only had the misfortune of watching him twice, so Leafs fans may get upset when I say he sucks. What was the coaching staff thinking...were they trying to loose? They were not playing Belaruse. :dunno:

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Gurj said:
According to a former NHL scout, the Swedes have basically lost a generation of young players because in the mid to late 90s they focussed on skills less and more on playing the defensive trap....

Looking at the fact that there was no Swede taken in the first round of the NHL entry-draft this past year, plus that they have not won a medal of any color in the World Juniors (U20s) in 8 years will probably be further evidence of this...
If I was Swedish, I'd stop being a hockey fan for a few years to avoid going on depression. Right now, they are still having top notch players and still can't win the big prize. At the World Championship two years ago, they had the best roster with most of their best players and still couldn't bring home the Gold and lost to a supposedly less skilled Team Canada. After Forsberg, Naslund and Sundin, who will replace them? The only player near that caliber is Zetterberg and that's about it. It looks really really bad for Sweden's near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad