Sweden B in the NHL

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Taken from the idea about Switzerland in the NHL.

How would Sweden's B-team do in the NHL, if they played this upcoming season?

Let's say that Sweden A is:

Arvidsson-Backstrom-Forsberg

Rakell-Karlsson-Hornqvist

Landeskog-Zibanejad-Nylander

Zetterberg-Backlund-Silfverberg

Lindholm-Karlsson

Hedman-Klingberg

OEL-Ekholm

Lundqvist

Then Sweden B is:

Pettersson-Wennberg-Johansson

Bratt-Kempe-Lindholm

Steen-Berglund-Nyqvist

Hagelin-Jarnkrok-Janmark

Edler-Larsson

Klefbom-Stralman

Brodin-Dahlin

Lehner

member 116861

Solid defense but the forwards are pretty weak. Plus they lack a high end goalie, defensemen, and forwards. Probably bottom 5 in the league.

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Definitely not bottom 5 in my opinion. That team would be a nightmare to beat. Solid all the way through.

Might have a problem on the PP. I guess Dahlin has to make that click. If so I think they would make the play-offs. I'm actually surprised how good that team looks.

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Technically Sweden A should have some healthy scratches, so Sweden B becomes a bit less strong.

Amazing talent however. It's a shame the Olympics (if the NHL players are welcome at all) isn't some kind of best of 5 or best of 7 competition. The 8 best countries (especially the top 5 of them) would have amazing teams. Just 1 elimination game doesn't do it justice.

Reactions: Dingo

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
Bottom ten. Defense is alright, forwards are really lacking.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
No scoring, no goaltending, center depth is fairly abyssmal. A deep defense can't cover those flaws, IMO. I think they'd struggle to stay in the playoff race all year.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Weak group.

Offense is a really weak. Defense is strong, but they lack a solid top pair. Goaltending is not great either.

They are probably bottom ~7.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Defense is right outside the top 10:

Edler #2 - Larsson #3
Klefbom #2/3 - Strålman #3
Brodin #4 - Dahlin #3/4 (For discussion's sake)

Offense is bottom five, but I wouldn't say worst. Pettersson is wild card that could bump it up a few more spots.

Goaltending is around 25th I think.

In my opinion, not a playoff team next year, but could be a bubble team in 19/20.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
While Sweden A look great, only Sweden Bs defense is good enough to contend. Hopefully Lehner isnt really the second best Swedish goalie btw... :(

Sweden do need better scoring depth as its stands right now. Sadly we dont have many bluechips right now in the prospects department. Pettersson WILL lit it up sooner or later, but who else?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
6F591D86-53BE-418F-9894-49103D20C36C.png

Help

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
Technically Sweden A should have some healthy scratches, so Sweden B becomes a bit less strong.

Amazing talent however. It's a shame the Olympics (if the NHL players are welcome at all) isn't some kind of best of 5 or best of 7 competition. The 8 best countries (especially the top 5 of them) would have amazing teams. Just 1 elimination game doesn't do it justice.
the original Canada Cup round robin of six teams, with a best of 3 final was such a solid system.
We know who the top 5 are, let the second tier teams duke it out for that final spot.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Sweden do need better scoring depth as its stands right now. Sadly we dont have many bluechips right now in the prospects department. Pettersson WILL lit it up sooner or later, but who else?

By the looks of it we might have our best forward draft ever coming up in 2020, with Holtz, Raymond, Gunler and Niederbach.

As far as drafted fwd prospects and 2019 fwd prospects go it's pretty damn thin outside of Pettersson though, yeah.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
By the looks of it we might have our best forward draft ever coming up in 2020, with Holtz, Raymond, Gunler and Niederbach.

As far as drafted fwd prospects and 2019 fwd prospects go it's pretty damn thin outside of Pettersson though, yeah.

Ok sounds great (about 2020)! I confess that I follow senior swe hockey better than jr. This site is my main info channel about prospects in general.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
While Sweden A look great, only Sweden Bs defense is good enough to contend. Hopefully Lehner isnt really the second best Swedish goalie btw... :(

Holtz and raymond are our bluechip prospects

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Bubble team. Honestly, their defensive core would be one of the better ones in the NHL, I'm not saying the best, but solid. With a well coached defensive core, and forwards committing to defense, they wont have to worry about Lehner as much and probably stay in the playoff hunt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->