Sweden always lose the final

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Lol? You're a Finn, I think. I've seen your posts before. I assume you agree Canada is first, who is second? To me it's definitely Sweden. I don't know how you make an argument for any other country. Right now, at least.

I'm raised in Sweden, I keep up with both countries.

You can argue for Sweden being 2nd; but it doesn't mean Sweden has "seperated" itself from the rest as the "clear" 2nd best the way you said it, especially not from USA or Russia.

+ OP is listing emphasising junior hockey as well, in recent years Sweden isn't even close to separating itself into being the undisputed 2nd best country. USA, Canada and Finland are often outperforming them in those categories, making it very arguable lol.

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008

You can argue for Sweden being 2nd; but it doesn't mean Sweden has "seperated" itself from the rest as the "clear" 2nd best the way you said it, especially not from USA or Russia.

+ OP is listing emphasising junior hockey as well, in recent years Sweden isn't even close to separating itself into being the undisputed 2nd best country. USA, Canada and Finland are often outperforming them in those categories, making it very arguable lol.

I don't know your sympathies, and I wasn't looking to pick a fight between Sweden and Finland. All I was saying was Sweden gets the 2nd best experience at many tournaments. Making the finals and not winning very often. Which the OP was mad about. And what I am saying is hey you seem to be outperforming every other country, and there's no shame in losing to Canada. Number 2 is pretty good. It's not that they're bad at finals. It's that this is what being #2 feels like.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017

Sweden often has a hard time against Russia Canada. Against Finland 50/50. Finland has it a lot easier against Russia and Canada.

Dont know were Sweden stands but they are slowly getting better. Finland is getting better fast. A lot of new highend players.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Sweden often has a hard time against Russia Canada. Against Finland 50/50. Finland has it a lot easier against Russia and Canada.

Dont know were Sweden stands but they are slowly getting better. Finland is getting better fast. A lot of new highend players.

Yea so my only point is that Sweden hasn't seperated itself as a clear undisputed #2 who regularly beats all non-Canadian teams on every level.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I don't know your sympathies, and I wasn't looking to pick a fight between Sweden and Finland. All I was saying was Sweden gets the 2nd best experience at many tournaments. Making the finals and not winning very often. Which the OP was mad about. And what I am saying is hey you seem to be outperforming every other country, and there's no shame in losing to Canada. Number 2 is pretty good. It's not that they're bad at finals. It's that this is what being #2 feels like.

What I said had nothing to do with Finland. All I said was Sweden hasn't seperated itself from other countries (especially not in the juniors like OP said).

I can't be bothered expanding on it too much, but here are 3 examples in the juniors (which OP emphasised):

Sweden's track record Past 4 years:

U18s:
  • 2015: not in the top 3
  • 2016: #2 (lost to Finland, not Canada)
  • 2017: not in the top 3
  • 2018: #3

Ivan Hlinka:
  • 2014: not top 3
  • 2015: #2 (lost to Canada)
  • 2016: not top 3
  • 2017: #3

U20s:
  • 2015: not top 3
  • 2016: not top 3
  • 2017: not top 3
  • 2018: #2 (lost to Canada)

You said the reason to why Sweden isn't winning in the finals is because they've seperated themselves to always be #2 and get beaten by Canada...

There's no sign of Sweden having seperated itself as a #2 here.... I don't know why you tried to switch focus to this being about Finland, literally all I'm saying is Sweden hasn't seperated itself as an undisputed clear #2 after Canada the way you said.

You can argue Sweden is #2, but it's very competitive.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad