WJC: Sweden 2019 Roster Talk

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Sweden beats USA's half squad, 3-1 final. Goals:

SWE 3 (Sebastian Alfridsson, WSH; Simon Johansson, MIN; Rickard Hugg, '19 eligible).

USA Blue 1 (Paul Cotter, VGK).

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Isac Lundestrom was voted by the team as player of the game (against Finland). For those who were in attendance, care to comment on both Isac and the game in general?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
So 2 losses so far, both after OT/SO. Like what I've seen from a couple of lesser known players like Lycksell, Hugg and Bemström. Zetterlund and Berggren were the most dangerous forwards today. Solid performance overall but this game was too much of a skill competition to draw any real conclusions

Montén not playing Boqvist and Berggren in OT is worrying. I don't remember seeing Elvenes out there either. Leaving most of our skill on the bench like that is nothing but brutal coaching.

I would invite Holtz to the next tournament. He deserves it after what I've seen at the U18 camp this week.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
FWIW I don't recall seeing berggren on the ice since halfway thru the third period. Was he just benched or was he injured? I remember he looked fine getting off the previous shift

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
So 2 losses so far, both after OT/SO. Like what I've seen from a couple of lesser known players like Lycksell, Hugg and Bemström. Zetterlund and Berggren were the most dangerous forwards today. Solid performance overall but this game was too much of a skill competition to draw any real conclusions

Montén not playing Boqvist and Berggren in OT is worrying. I don't remember seeing Elvenes out there either. Leaving most of our skill on the bench like that is nothing but brutal coaching.

I would invite Holtz to the next tournament. He deserves it after what I've seen at the U18 camp this week.

Its a tryout tournament, they probably want to see guys in different situaions. In the actual tourney Boqvist and Berggren will probably be starting the OT, no point in using them here the coach knows they have got in those 2

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
From the Hlinka to the draft, people just are slow on the uptake with Berggren. That includes Team Sweden. It never feels like he gets the usage he should there, and I can't imagine why. Minutes aside, I also saw he was on the PP today in the slot. He's one of the better half-wall QBs in his age group, so putting him in the slot to not touch pucks is a no brainer! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Wings4Life

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
5-3 W against Finland in the last game.

Rickard Hugg and Lucas Elvenes best scorers for SWE with 4p each in the tournament.

Next tournament with a new roster 24-26 august in Örnsköldsvik.

Montén heading to Edmonton to scout U18 players.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Did Boqvist play in the last game? If not - why not? I watched the previous game and thought Boqvist and Ginning were the Swede's best 2 d-men, although none of them played very well. Thoughts?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
For those who saw enough of Sweden’s games, how would you rank the following defencemen? Who impressed you most?

Lundqvist
Walfridsson
Ginning
S Johansson
F Johansson

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
For those who saw enough of Sweden’s games, how would you rank the following defencemen? Who impressed you most?

Lundqvist
Walfridsson
Ginning
S Johansson
F Johansson

Not that he stood out or particularly impressed me, but I can see Ginning making the team. The coaching staff's usage of him makes me think they like him.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

Lundqvist
Walfridsson
Ginning
S Johansson
F Johansson

Isn't Boqvist even in consideration? The one game I saw which was Canada/Sweden - I thought Boqvist and Ginning were the two best d-men. They were paired together a lot in that game and I don't think they were scored on.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad